What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One to watch: Jason Saab

Nanadragon

Juniors
Saab coming in and letting that try happen is unforgiveable. But ive watched so many wingers (sadly for us) for years now do it. I remember watching Johnny King, and even other famous wingers never make that mistake. Just so sick of seeing such a basic mistake happen week in week out and the lesson not learnt
And Johnny could tackle!

thebigredv

First Grade
Hope we see Saab play again next week. There's potential there.

Not sure if you can call this a rebuild season for us (It's just another lost season under weak leadership) but might as well give him every chance when there is nothing to lose.

Either he cements his spot or he can happily get that release he's after.

epDragon62

First Grade
Watching Saab pre game then on the field he seemed to be far far away. Felt he did not have his heart and soul in it. A bloody shame. Something big is bothering him.Grow up Jason.
His body language was the same last year. He looks like a frightened child.

Dragon David

First Grade
Saab has got so much to learn it is not funny. Still very green and needs a lot of game time to hone any skills he might have to be a regular first grader. Sometimes it could be a good thing to be tall but when you see him being out jumped by Morris, he needs to get himself in position quickly to run and jump to catch the high balls in the in goal rather than jump at a stand still. Yes, he has a lot to learn yet as I said.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Whilst Jason Saab has raw talent, if his heart’s not in it then it’s pointless keeping him.
Let him go to the West Tigers & request a player swap.

Yeah let him & his manager go sulk elsewhere

We have plenty of backline juniors who’ll need a run this year.
If we ran our unused juniors against our current backline I reckon they’d carve them up for speed & creativity

Twenty10

Juniors
Saab was poor... he’s average. His staggering height has over hyped all other aspects of his game. There’s a reason he hasn’t been in first grade.

This Year?

Immortal
I'd put a line through Saab. His positioning in defence is as bad as Aitken's and he is useless under the high ball.

His dad would be loving watching him getting paid to stink it up in the red v.

Maybe he can go and play volleyball.

JamesRustle

First Grade
I hate Aitken but he made 1 error tonight, play the ball kerfuffle just b4 half time. Other than that he was decent tonight
Crucial mistake at a crucial time though. Had a great opportunity to score a try in the shadow of haf time if he played that properly... or someone had been backing him up before he got tackled.

The Friz

Juniors
Well, if the coach puts someone in that isn't ready, that is a poor reflection on the coach.
Except it’s widely known that the coach doesn’t pick the side now, hence Saab’s selection. So your point is irrelevant. People on this forum been howling for his inclusion and saying coach has no idea for not picking him. On this occasion McGregor has been vindicated. He gets plenty wrong though.

possm

Coach
Failed to contest kicks

Out of position several times

Poor defender

Has size and speed though

He requires a lot of skill training

Unless his attitude changes very quickly, the club should release him
Saab is signed long term as are a few others that are more costly then him and not performing to their full potential. Yes he needs to work on his game and so the coach should organise somone to work with him on this.

Latest posts