What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One to watch: Jason Saab

redv13

Bench
Alex Johnson is blistering quick. He would rival Ado Carr. Swap Saab for Johnson with money to Souths if this is possible, a good deal. We need speed and let’s face it when we won in 2010 speed was a big factor. We had Soward, Gasnier, Cooper, Morris and the the quick Darius Boyd at fullback.Wow, speed everywhere.
Dino would love that comment!! Speed speed and more speed

TruSaint

Referee
Gotta love the forum.
After a handful of games-
"Release Saab, he's shit"
2 years later when leading try scorer for a top team-
"Can't believe SGI let this kid slip through their fingers! F**k you Millward!"

Yes and no mate.

I get the sentiment, but I think if he really wants out, as all the reports suggest, then keeping him does nobody any good.

Dont know how credible the media is, but by all accounts he wants a release.

redv13

Bench
Gotta love the forum.
After a handful of games-
"Release Saab, he's shit"
2 years later when leading try scorer for a top team-
"Can't believe SGI let this kid slip through their fingers! F**k you Millward!"
Crush if the kid wanted it I’d say persevere but his attitude stinks, has requested a release 3 times within a few weeks and when he finally gets a chance the other night he played so poorly that even Rava and JP looked like world beaters. Saab clearly has a bee in his bonnet so considering the crap he has dished up he may as well pi$$ off if we can get a decent swap for him

Crush

Coach
Yes and no mate.

I get the sentiment, but I think if he really wants out, as all the reports suggest, then keeping him does nobody any good.

Dont know how credible the media is, but by all accounts he wants a release.
I understand letting him go. But I'll shake my head if/when fans blame the club for doing so if/when he succeeds elsewhere.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I have seen Saab play 3 times:-
Souths-Played okay.
Nines-Pass mark.
Easts-Apart from a few runs back could not compete for the ball in the air and left gaps in the defence by coming off his wing. I would say that he would not be in our top 6 wingers.
Winger Ratings
1. Ramsey
2. Ravalawa
3. Pereira
4. Sauni-Esau
5. Gillard
6. Feagai
7. Saab

George Sancti

Juniors
Saab, Ramsey and Feagai are all good development players, however they are not ready for first grade. Considering the limitations our coaching group, throwing then into first grade without the necessary guidance will result in performances like we saw the other night with Saab. Until we have the proper people in the coaching squad, we are better served by players that have some level of experience such as Ravalawa and Pereira.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I want players here that want to be part of the rebuild. Not for the dollars unless they are the Marquee player. Pay overs for a player who then only puts in 90 per cent and then wants out in a couple of years is a receipe for failure. The juniors are the future, use them.
Agree but Saab is a junior and how's that going. Now watching Manly v Sharks. AFB he's at Manly with Garrett both juniors and Thompson been playing well since we flicked him. No it's ok to keep juniors just the right ones that needs good football nous to identify them first.
And I know AFB was a naughty boy but now well.

My concern with him against the Roosters was for 2 reasons-apart from the mistakes he made, I watched him just jog after play had gone past him. He didnt run hard or attempt to fix up what had happened.It seems to me his attitude was all wrong. I saw the same thing last year at Kogarah with Hunt-when play went past him he just jogged back. No attempt to run hard and try and join in. I cant believe it when i see this appalling attitude. Im really hoping i see a different Saab next week-one who wants to be there and tries as hard as he can.If not let him go and get someone in who wants to play in the Big Red V. I'm sick of seeing the jersey denigrated by people who show it no respect. Every week i see McInnes try his absolute best and I just wish the rest of the team would try that hard

boardlumps62

Juniors
I was just thinking does Saab have any friends in the lower grades. Thought mateship would be a good reason to stay. If not why not or is it Dad doing the shopping around.

First game in more than a year. Rules have moved on and the pace has increased. Has come in cold without any game time. There's quite a few players across the code struggling to keep up, not just rookies. Apparently he added many kegs this off season, this would also be a factor. It was a stone cold shocker but he must be given time. Liked what I saw from him when scoring on debut against Souths last year. Had he not gotten injured who's to say he wouldn't have entrenched himself in first grade already?

possm

Coach
Question, let’s be fair McIdiot was a good centre back etc. So why haven’t we had a strong backline. You would think having him at the helm would improve the likes of Aiken, Lafai, Lomax Saab etc etc etc.
Simple reason he can’t coach can’t lead men so he is a selfish individual and that is ok just don’t coach a team. He should reach out to Matt Cooper and Gaz and ask for help. However he doesn’t listen to anyone other than his own voice.
A good player won't necessarily be a good coach if he can't teach, man manage or cound the players on the bench.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Agree, the gong is nice anyway I’ve worked and lived in a lot worse places probably on a lot less money. Either man up and move to the gong or man up and publicly denounce Mary and all will be forgiven.

Forbes it's his manager that's doing the stirring up The Odyssey was a bigger slice of the pie

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t profess to know whether young Saab is a top prospect or not.

He has played four NRL games and I haven’t watched all four although I did watch your game on the weekend against the Roosters.

I read on here he didn’t put in or want’s out or whatever, forgive me but I didn’t see that at all.

I’m not on here to tell you guys about the prospects of your juniors but from what I saw of young Saab was a kid, out skilled by a seasoned professional. It happens. He was trying his best, did the best he could and to suggest he wasn’t trying his best on the day is somewhat sad regardless of his contract situation.

For what it is worth there were a lot of doubts around the Roosters winger Daniel Tupou in his early days and look what he has achieved. Similar type of players.

From a Panthers perspective I would be more than happy if we were in the hunt to secure to signature of Saab given our mainstay Josh Mansour is on his last legs so to speak.

BLM01

First Grade

He has played four NRL games and I haven’t watched all four although I did watch your game on the weekend against the Roosters.

I read on here he didn’t put in or want’s out or whatever, forgive me but I didn’t see that at all.

I’m not on here to tell you guys about the prospects of your juniors but from what I saw of young Saab was a kid, out skilled by a seasoned professional. It happens. He was trying his best, did the best he could and to suggest he wasn’t trying his best on the day is somewhat sad regardless of his contract situation.

For what it is worth there were a lot of doubts around the Roosters winger Daniel Tupou in his early days and look what he has achieved. Similar type of players.

From a Panthers perspective I would be more than happy if we were in the hunt to secure to signature of Saab given our mainstay Josh Mansour is on his last legs so to speak.
Spot on...and on those defensive reads he may of got wrong....he would of be dammed if he did not rush in as Roosters had numbers anyway

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

You have Naden who’s pretty handy I’d take him too. I too think he will go well and I remember Tupou also I used to think he’s so tall but doesn’t use it. He just needs time and confidence in him to stick with him while he learns the game so he’s not crapping himself every time he jumps up to catch a ball that he’ll be dropped if he spills it.

True_Believer

Juniors
I understand letting him go. But I'll shake my head if/when fans blame the club for doing so if/when he succeeds elsewhere.

You know this will 100% happen. And you know who will be leading the charge.

I'm all for keeping him.

He's played not even a handful of games in the NRL.

He's still young.

This is the first time he's played the game with the new 6 again and the increased speed. He would in no way be match fit without the CC operating.

He was brought in against arguably the benchmark team opposite the leagues in-form winger.

Massive ask across the board.

I wouldn't be paying any more to keep him though. At a minimum force him to stay for the duration of his contract.

possm

Coach
Team in Focus | St George Illawarra Dragons
Author
Tom Gibbs & Sam Pasfield
Timestamp
Mon 29 Jun 2020, 06:17 PM

The NSWRL is shining the spotlight on the 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup, selecting a weekly shortlist of the top five tries from every team in the top eight. Our team in focus this week are 2019’s eighth-placed St George Illawarra Dragons. Check here every weekday for rolling coverage of the top five count-down.

The Dragons were red-hot in the 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup, helped by the likes of young superstars Jayden Sullivan, Jason Saab, Max Feagai and Cody Ramsey who absolutely sizzled at times during the season.

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/canterbury-cup-and-jersey-flegg.474606/page-81

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Team in Focus | St George Illawarra Dragons
Author
Tom Gibbs & Sam Pasfield
Timestamp
Mon 29 Jun 2020, 06:17 PM

The NSWRL is shining the spotlight on the 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup, selecting a weekly shortlist of the top five tries from every team in the top eight. Our team in focus this week are 2019’s eighth-placed St George Illawarra Dragons. Check here every weekday for rolling coverage of the top five count-down.

The Dragons were red-hot in the 2019 Jersey Flegg Cup, helped by the likes of young superstars Jayden Sullivan, Jason Saab, Max Feagai and Cody Ramsey who absolutely sizzled at times during the season.

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/canterbury-cup-and-jersey-flegg.474606/page-81
All players recruitment by Millward coincidently, 3 from outside the catchment.

Latest posts