What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Week til The Big One!

Godz Illa

Coach
carcharias said:
Green's an opportunist...maybe he is smarter than all of us.
He loses?...not a bad last payday.
Whoever loses, I doubt either of them will dwell in self-pity for too long.

Mong

Post Whore
Godz Illa said:
Dude, you're being disingenuous again. Green hasn't simply challenged him to a fight, he's marketed it into some kind of divine personal mission that he has pursued for years now. It's worked because the niche (created by Mundine) is there and morons like lockyno1 have lapped it up.

Yes...

When green beat beyer, instead of revelling in what he had just done he choose to bang on about mundine this and mundine that..

Had to shake my head at that one...

Mong

Post Whore
Godz Illa said:
Carch, you're wrong. Without Green, Mundine would still draw and would still capture the public eye because he knows how to push the right buttons. Green is riding a one-trick pony, and it is about to buck him off.

We have heard it all before..

Before green it was Thornberry, before Ricky it was masua, Before Timu it was that other clown from Fenechs stable (name escapes me right now) that Fenech lost 20K to Mundine snr over and reportedly never paid.. If choc wins this there will be another name in no time.. They all saw the chance for an easy meal ticket and the media and uneducated idiots lapped it up... The other 3 were no match for him, eventually they may get one right..

Someone once said that a Green v Mundine debate is like the melbourne cup.. Everyone wants to have a say and has an opinion but not many actually know much about it...

you can see that clearly in this thread alone...

miccle

Bench
I'm hoping Green can win this fight, and I'll be cheering for him.

I'm no expert on boxing, but am a casual enthusiast who has followed fighting loosely for a few years so I'll add my part.

Although I want Green to win, a lot is going to come down to how both fighters go in the early rounds. If the fight goes the distance, Mundine will almost certainly win it imo. He's fitter and quicker, and will probably be able to land more scoring shots than Green. I can admit that much.

BUT on the other hand if Green can hurt Mundine with some big punches in the early exchanges, it could be all over.

Basically, the way I see it is... it'll either be a Green victory by KO, or a Mundine victory on points.

Bring it on though - I don't REALLY care who wins, I'm just looking forward to a great spectacle from two boxers who are great athletes to watch.

sydraider

First Grade
Mong said:
We have heard it all before..

Before green it was Thornberry, before Ricky it was masua, Before Timu it was that other clown from Fenechs stable (name escapes me right now) that Fenech lost 20K to Mundine snr over and reportedly never paid.. If choc wins this there will be another name in no time.. They all saw the chance for an easy meal ticket and the media and uneducated idiots lapped it up... The other 3 were no match for him, eventually they may get one right..

Someone once said that a Green v Mundine debate is like the melbourne cup.. Everyone wants to have a say and has an opinion but not many actually know much about it...

you can see that clearly in this thread alone...

All I know is, this will be the biggest payday either fighter has. If either were important in the scope of world boxing, dont you think this fight would be on at a different time to cater for an overseas audience?
They are both good fighters but neither are world class, if this was the case, tomorrow nights fight would be a unification bout.
Put either of them in the ring with Calzaghe or Lacy, they would look like amatuers, regardless of Lacy's performance against calzaghe.

All that aside, I hope Green Knocks Mundine out, that would be sweet!
Still I cant really pick a winner.

Mong

Post Whore
sydraider said:
All I know is, this will be the biggest payday either fighter has. If either were important in the scope of world boxing, dont you think this fight would be on at a different time to cater for an overseas audience?
They are both good fighters but neither are world class, if this was the case, tomorrow nights fight would be a unification bout.
Put either of them in the ring with Calzaghe or Lacy, they would look like amatuers, regardless of Lacy's performance against calzaghe.

All that aside, I hope Green Knocks Mundine out, that would be sweet!
Still I cant really pick a winner.

I think they would both beat Lacy, doubt either will beat Kessler though.