What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One year in - the Board

Frailty

First Grade
Remember when Keogh said he'd bring sponsors to the club with his Business expertise?

Hahaha... Good times...

Remember when we were told we needed a CEO so we could respond quickly to incidents, and better manage issues?

Hahaha... Good times...

jc155776

Coach
Why was Buzz breaking the Carney news before Sharks have even responded or released anything? Which scum bag board member thinks leaking info is better than handling this situation!

Inferno

Coach
So far under the board they have
Re-signed Flanno
Given the coaching gig to a guy who doesn't want it
Sacked the star playmaker
and not attracted a single sponsor to the club.

Am I missing anything?

Jaegerex

Juniors
How do you think these weak khhunjjtts will go at the next election?
Honestly?

It wouldn't surprise me if they went fine, who in their right mind would be putting their hands up to take over and lead us with everything the Sharks do. I would love them replaced but I think, like sponsors, any sane person will steer clear.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
It wouldn't surprise me if they went fine, who in their right mind would be putting their hands up to take over and lead us with everything the Sharks do. I would love them replaced but I think, like sponsors, any sane person will steer clear.
Then nuffies will do very well.
People Like Irvine, will waltz back in.
We dont need a return to that. WE need a a group of people tjhat will tell the NRL to get fuccjjkked.

Weaponhead

Coach
So far under the board they have
Re-signed Flanno
Given the coaching gig to a guy who doesn't want it
Sacked the star playmaker
and not attracted a single sponsor to the club.

Am I missing anything?

The constant leaking to Rothfield is pathetic.

Most senior Execs see board membership as a status symbol. It makes them feel important. The current board seem to fit this. Mostly second raters trying to look big.

wibble

Bench

Most senior Execs see board membership as a status symbol. It makes them feel important. The current board seem to fit this. Mostly second raters trying to look big.

I think poor/misleading communication has been raised by some, especially regarding sponsorships.

Anything else?

webShark

Rothfield is in contact with others at the club too. May not be the board who leak. He even contacts them for opinions on incidents nothing to do with the Sharks. Ben Teo incident last year for one. Journo fishing.

jc155776

Coach
So is it still to early to judge the new board?

I'm not sure how I feel still with the reappointment of Flanno for three years. Could see us in a bind if he continued to be an incompetent hack as sacking him will cost us a motza. Oh wait.

jc155776

Coach
Our major sponsor that they promised hasn't been released yet.

Must be waiting for the right time.

Wish we could get Reefys opinion. A lot of names in this thread no longer around.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Like when they actually sign one...
Jury is still out for mine, but the Flanno re-signing looks like a massive howler, from the outside looking in.

Yup. Ive always thought there must be some plan behind it. Maybe stabilise the playing group while we got through all the bullshit then when things really start changing via the development he'd be gone and the new regime would emerge, I dunno. But I just cant make sense of it to be completely honest. It barley works with any fluffy scenario I can dream up in me noggin let alone passing the common sense test. Seriously could we be that dumb? CB?

Latest posts