What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ongoing NFL Fantasy Football Thread

kurt faulk

Coach

stacy is the man this year. He follows his blockers well, is patient enough to wait for the gap to form and shifty enough to make defenders miss. Only problem is he gets nicked up often during games. Mason was brought in so the running game doesn't miss a beat no matter who is on the field.

Can't give any long term advice since cunningham and Mason are talented enough to take away carries.

shiznit

Coach
Yeah... Health was probably my biggest question mark on Stacey... I picked him up in the waiver wire last year and he was a beast for me...

But from memory he wasn't available at the business end because he was banged up.

He's a beast if he's available...

kurt faulk

Coach

He was available but the nfc West teams geared up to stop him and clemens couldn't make them pay. Plus the rams oline was decimated in the final week. The oline will be much better this year plus they picked up Joseph for great depth. And Sam is healthy to make defenses pay if they load the box. Stacy will put up big numbers this season. Long and grob on the left side, saffold on the right. Get out of the way.

zombie jesus

Staff member
he's very close to top 10 for me I rate him very highly, imo he is a better more talented back than mason & mason is no threat to stacy's job as starter

I drafted him in idp last year in the 2nd & let him go just before he got the starting job, zombie benefitted from my screw up, still kicking myself could use him

I had Julius Thomas on and off my roster 3 or 4 times in his rookie year so we're even :p

abpanther

Staff member
What was I thinking asking Kurt for unbiased fantasy advice on a Rams player haha

Stacy's headed to the HOF!!

gronkathon

First Grade
I seemed to have missed the boat on FF comps this year.

Anyone running anything on NFL.com or have a comp with some free slots elsewhere?

abpanther

Staff member
1 spot left in a 10 team auction league, draft is 7pm tonight, $50 buy in.

PM me if interested and want more info

So. Had a really weird draft last night.

Standard league scoring. 10 team however this year we had keepers . Only one keeper though.

I kept Jamal Charles.

Where it gets interesting is only 3 players kept players, being me and the guys who had Shady and Peterson.
Obvious keepers like Aaron Rodgers fell to me. The guy who has shady McCoy also got Calvin Johnson.
So there are some stacked teams.

So my team ended up

QB Aaron Rodgers
RB Jamal Charles
RB Andre Ellington
WR Antonio Brown
WR Randall Cobb
Fx Percy Harvin
TE Dennis Pitta
D 49ers
K Nick Novak

Shane Vereen
TY Hilton
Khyrie Robinson
Knile Davis
Philip Rivers
Tavon Austin

nick87

Coach
Hahah, that sounds dicey as. I reckon if there was keepers and you didnt set them, too bad, so sad

Stonecutter

First Grade
Hey guys, real dilemma here. Would you drop tavon austin (wr4) for allen hurns in a 14 team no flex league? I'm a rams fan and an Alan so it's hard hahah

abpanther

Staff member
Any reasons guys? I need convincing.

Austin has pretty much done nothing since he entered the league, he's approaching bust status (if he ain't already there). On top of that he plays for an offense that lost it's starting QB so he'll be catching passes from Shaun Hill, he plays in the NFC West so he has 6 terrible match ups at minimum, plus it seems Brian Quick has emerged as the #1 guy there.

Hurns could be a flash in the pan, particularly when Shorts is healthy, however I think he's got more potential to produce this year than Austin

Stonecutter

First Grade
f**k i seriously hate the rams. I just don't like rookie recievers. I think i'll bite the bullet and put my bias asside and grab hurns. Cheers guys.

legend

Coach
The Rams also have teams like the Broncos and Chargers to play as well. 6-10 is a great season for the Rams.

Latest posts