What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only Test (womens) : Australia v India @ Carrara D/N Sep 30 - Oct 3 3021

Declared with 32 overs left. India has overcooked it. Doubtful Australia will try to score 272 runs in time left. But with some good white ballers they may well have a crack.

Last edited:
It is so plain to see that our girls need to be playing state level red ball too. Some have virtually no clue how to play a moving ball, move their feet or play with soft hands. Some of the Indians were the same.
Mate, all the dev squads it’s about f**king hit ball hard.

TheParraboy

Staff member
328195.6.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It really should have been a 5 day test match like the mens, then we may have got a result

The stormy weather was the winner. Question: what purpose did this match serve being a day/evening pink ball one. Plus a bad time to play it given the annual storms southern Qld this time of year.
India should feel very grateful for the weather as it allowed them to drive the game by not having to bat during the more difficult last session. They held most of the cards but in all honesty 145 overs to score 377 runs on a flat drop-in is funereal paced cricket on a track made for runs. It was a struggle for our bowlers to penetrate on such a slow track with most of the Indians handing us their wickets. While the visitors benefited by batting at day they also benefited bowling under lites and showed what good discipline with the pink ball can bring. I believe Australia did well to win points from this match given how far we were behind for much of the game.

Last edited:
Who out of this X1 will make your Ashes X. I am ruling out Darcie Brown, Tahlia McGrath and Georgia Wareham. The three just did not show the intensity needed for Test cricket. I suppose understandable with Brown given she is only 18. Big mistake to open the bowling with her. Christian to the lions. Needs more time at state level.

TheParraboy

Staff member
It really should have been a 5 day test match like the mens, then we may have got a result

Women bowl 100 overs a day (400 overs), men bowl 90 (450 overs)

What was missing is a reserve day. being a one off test. Absolutely poor oversight not to have it

The deck could have been better prepared. Was too slow, Didn't offer much for bat or ball. Most of the wickets were players trying to play shots. I guess the ladies are used to even paced and bounce decks with the only forms of cricket they know of - the white ball