What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on Manly making the eight.

Will Manly make the eight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
They won in Melbourne earlier in the year with all their stars (from memory? Maybe Slater wasn't there) and I wouldn't put it past them beating us at home as they've done in the past. But ultimately they probably have to do too much from here.

Toovey probably loses his job, and the guy who orchestrated the whole saga that derailed the first third of their season gets a massive raise. Seems about right. I'm sure Barrett will be able to turn around the fortunes of a plodding pack.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
They won in Melbourne earlier in the year with all their stars (from memory? Maybe Slater wasn't there) and I wouldn't put it past them beating us at home as they've done in the past. But ultimately they probably have to do too much from here.

Toovey probably loses his job, and the guy who orchestrated the whole saga that derailed the first third of their season gets a massive raise. Seems about right. I'm sure Barrett will be able to turn around the fortunes of a plodding pack.

:roll: Jeez it's getting old mate.

The reason the first third of the season was derailed is the injuries you nonce. Take a look how the Dragons have gone the past 5 to 6 weeks. Have a look at the Panthers too.

Keep it up though. That ulcer must be coming along beautifully.

As for final 8 - a bridge too far now. Given the first half of the year, I'd take 10th place as acceptable.

As for Barrett "turning around the fortunes of a plodding pack" - Myles, Lewis Brown and Korisau say hi. Whispers of another forward to be signed soon too. Then add in Lawrence and Buhrer.

Next.

t-ba

Post Whore
Na. It'd be nice, and results have certainly fallen our way this weekend, but na.

some11

Referee
Need 28 points and a healthy F/A

It's certainly doable with the 'sack the coach, play like worldbeaters' factor.

nomis88

Juniors
Manly is going well at the moment but they have a very tough draw and unfortunately I don't think they will make it.

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
They'll probs fall out the last hurdle. May come down to a must win game in R25 or 26

Kind of reminiscent Tigers 09 where they missed out by a smidgen

jason taylor

Bench
They'll probs fall out the last hurdle. May come down to a must win game in R25 or 26

Kind of reminiscent Tigers 09 where they missed out by a smidgen

Could come down to Round 26 vs the Sharks.

What a game that would be if such a scenario eventuates.

txta2

Bench
I hope it comes to the last round. And the Sharks royally fist the Eagles out of the finals

ragzouken

Juniors
It WILL come down to the last game, no surer way i'm willing to bet my whole entire life that it gets to that match for manly to make the eight against the sharks, sharks lead 14-0 for 70 minutes before manly score 3 incredible trys to knock sharks out the eight and propel manly into the top 8.

Nothing surer

Card Shark

Immortal
It will come down to the last round but wont quite happen like that.

Manly will need to win to make the 8 but we will already have 5th locked up.

They win, so we meet again first week of the finals.

Our "home" ground advantage, so the NRL play it at Allianz, which so happens to be Manly's home ground for semis.

They win again & we're out.

I can see it now.

footy75

Bench
It will come down to the last round but wont quite happen like that.

Manly will need to win to make the 8 but we will already have 5th locked up.

This... Sharks have already booked their place in the 8.

Manly will win and the Dogs will get knocked out.

Last edited:

MrAnonymous

Bench
It WILL come down to the last game, no surer way i'm willing to bet my whole entire life that it gets to that match for manly to make the eight against the sharks, sharks lead 14-0 for 70 minutes before manly score 3 incredible trys to knock sharks out the eight and propel manly into the top 8.

Nothing surer

Sharks are zero chance of missing the 8.