What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opposition players I fear - let's be honest

Dazzat

First Grade
When I look at the NSW team, there's some players I am genuinely glad have been picked (from a Queensland point of view). Others, I rate as good players and know Queensland will have to watch them closely. I propose we drop the guard just for a short time and rate our top three opposition players:

1. Jarryd Hayne - has proven himself on the big stage time and time again, and can turn a game in an instant.
2. Luke Lewis - class player with great footwork and the skills of a halfback.
3. That's it.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Agree with OP, Lewis is quality.

I don't fear him yet, but I've got time for Tim Mannah. Look for him and Matt Scott to have an almighty clash at some point Wednesday.

Talanexor

Juniors
Definitely Uate. If he gets into open space, it's try time - nobody's going to chase him down. Luckily we have Boyd on that flank.

Big Pete

Referee
Hayne and Uate easily, these guys can blow the game apart when they want to. I also have the feeling Hopoate is going to do something amazing on Wednesday.

aqua_duck

Coach
It kind of frustrates me how ridiculously good Boyd's defence is for someone who doesn't play on the wing at club level.

Joker's Wild

Coach
When I look at the NSW team, there's some players I am genuinely glad have been picked (from a Queensland point of view). Others, I rate as good players and know Queensland will have to watch them closely. I propose we drop the guard just for a short time and rate our top three opposition players:

1. Jarryd Hayne - has proven himself on the big stage time and time again, and can turn a game in an instant.
2. Luke Lewis - class player with great footwork and the skills of a halfback.
3. That's it.

If you dont fear what Uate can do then you are off your rocker

For me, its the combination Smith, Lockyer and Slater. Those 3 are easily Qlds most dangerous.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Uate can easily destroy you with some space he's one of the best wingers in the game currently even un Game I he looked deadly without likebreaks.

For me I fear Lockyer/Smith/Slater as a equal combo. As an individual player Matt "I eat Babies" Scott is a machine and a force to be reckoned with. Top quality player.

smacky

Juniors
thurston,slater,smith can wreck havoc, and even though hes out of form and not 100% Inglis can always scare when he gets some space

Dragon2010

First Grade
thurston,slater,smith can wreck havoc, and even though hes out of form and not 100% Inglis can always scare when he gets some space

Inglis is a chubby or of form center at the moment. 2009 Inglis yes but at the moment he's not a major threat until he gets back to form. Hr generally does it around Origin time so I expect a good game from him but he won't wreck havoc.

Latest posts