What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orford: Forward 3.5 somersault with twist.

JW said:
Meh, who cares. The fact is we lost, and there's more important things to worry about and address than an alleged dive.

Moving on...

Agree mate. Our defence on Lockyer was solid most of the night, but there were a number of poor 5th tackle options taken by you guys.

On a positive note for us was Orford stood up in a tough game. We've been needing that.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I think it would have been a complete injustice if Brisbane had of won that match. Melbourne had it all over Brisbane but struggled to find the killer blow. Thankfully they managed it.

NPK

Bench
steaming stormer said:
He was offside.

And as for taking a dive... give yourself a triple. Darren Smith made contact witha player in the defensive line, and then Tate ran through the hole created. Deadset obstruction, and was ruled the same way it's been ruled for the last two seasons.

Best team didn't lose last night at all. Get over your hatred of our club mate, it's becoming embarrassing

Who was offside? Are you agreeing or do you think a Bronco was offside?

And I didn't mention anything about the Smith/Orford incident, so I won't give myself a triple.

lotti said:
Yeah like how the Broncos could be out next week.

Another insightful post to add to the other 1800.

What about thinking of how the storm could be out next week? Moron. It is sudden death for everyone. And I'd be concerned that your number 1 prop and captain, as well as your number 1 fullback and game breaker, will probably be missing.

I love it how storm fans are going on about how they were the better side last night. I would say it was a pretty even match, one which storm got the majority of the 50 50 calls and that is the reason why they went out with the 6 point victory. The Tate 'no try' was a bit rich, Tate didn't run behind Smith, Smith was a decoy and Orford read it poorly. There is a difference between an obstruction and a poor misread in defense. A few calls such as the Slater penalty from the bomb was a bit off as well, but those kind of calls happen.

The Broncos found the form they need to in the second half, hopefully they can play with that momentum and intensity next week.

lotti

Bench
We've got a good back up for Slater, you perhaps saw him last night Greg Inglis. Yeah Melbourne could be out next week but for now they're in which is more I can say for the Sharks.

JJ

Immortal
It was the right decision - Smith ran straight into him -- there was no misread, Orford did not move towards Smith - simple as that. Bennett's whinging.

As for the best team losing - were you actually watching??? Melbourne were terrific, lost Kearns near the end of the first half, Slater in the second... There was nothing much in it, but Melbourne deserved that win

I'm no Melbourne fan, but the efforts of Johnson, Hill, Bell, Geyer, Hoffman, and Smith in particular were inspirational...

Big Pete

Referee
It was a great effort by the Storm and at the game I thought it was a dive at first but that's only because you have everyone else there and the crowd is pumped and so on. Watching the replay even if Orford took a dive it shouldn't of been a No Try although I would've thought the momentum Tate had would've made it a try...but then again that isn't apart of the rules.

The match was even and the only reason Storm won was because of their backs, if we had the likes of King in our side we would've won it but all we've got is Minto and Bott...who needs to learn how to catch.

Storm won and deserved the win, we move onto next week where it is sudden death.

LESStar58

Referee
Dani said:
Johnson = 56 tackles and none missed!

that and he played the full 80 minutes! :clap:

Heard Tate having a sooky lala on Sportsworld this morning....

Bennett and Tate....:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

grungle

Juniors
I thought it looked similiar to the minichiello no try in last years gf. If that one was no try, so was last nights.

NPK said:
Who was offside? Are you agreeing or do you think a Bronco was offside?

And I didn't mention anything about the Smith/Orford incident, so I won't give myself a triple.

Sorry mate, the triple was aimed at the person who started this thread. I didn't think Billy was taken out, but if it is the one I'm thinking of, the penalty was for Brad Thorn being infront of the kicker and then chasing through

Iafeta

Referee
I personally thought regardless of whether Orford takes a dive its a penalty.

Darren Smith went to Matt Orford, not the other way around which means it wasn't a case of Matt Orford making defensively a poor read, he had no choice in the matter so therefore was obstructed.

Penalty. Correct decision.