What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orford Surely...

lizziebra

Juniors
Has won himself even a shot for NSW Halfback in 2009?

Bellamy or Hasler as coach.

Even Lyon... Glenn Stewart.

IgorManiac

Juniors
Manly should be well-represented, but clearly Bellamy has a vindictive streak. Snake got almost no match time in game 3 last year despite being superb in defense against Inglis in game 2.

Give Hasler the nod in '09!

Manly should be well-represented, but clearly Bellamy has a vindictive streak. Snake got almost no match time in game 3 last year despite being superb in defense against Inglis in game 2.

Give Hasler the nod in '09!

I don't think Bellamy will be coaching it again next year. I swear I read somewhere he was giving it up? could be wrong...

For the Australian side:

1. Stewart
8. Kite
17. G. Stewart

Special K

Coach
I don't think Bellamy will be coaching it again next year. I swear I read somewhere he was giving it up? could be wrong...

For the Australian side:

1. Stewart
8. Kite
17. G. Stewart
I hate Manly but I think G.Stewart starts with Gallen moving to the 2nd row

Also David Williams come on down!

IgorManiac

Juniors

For the Australian side:

1. Stewart
8. Kite
17. G. Stewart

Kite should be a shoe-in, and I think Glenn Stewart deserves a call-up. On form tonight Snake should get the nod over Slater, but who knows...

Regarding Origin, as someone posted elsewhere, Orford just became the first Dally M medalist to go on to win a grandfinal. And in record breaking style against the 'unbeatable' Storm. NSW need something new, so why not throw Orford the No.7?

Long way off at this stage though.

Last edited:
Ahh i think your talking about the NSW team....

:p Dessy Hasler for PM :)

Based on form, Stewart deserves the fullback's position - but I guess these positions (AUS) aren't decided on form, which is f*cked. Kite will be in the front row, and Glenn Stewart is my bolter for a bench spot.

All are in great form and would deserve their spot if picked ;-)

hellteam

First Grade
Yeah Stewart is in good form. Still think Slater deserves to be fullback.... at least for the first match.

Although I don't think Orford should make the Australian squad, Prince is miles ahead of him as a player, plus Prince can also play five eight and partner Thurston in case Lockyer gets injured.

What do you guys think ?

IgorManiac

Juniors
Yeah Stewart is in good form. Still think Slater deserves to be fullback.... at least for the first match.

Although I don't think Orford should make the Australian squad, Prince is miles ahead of him as a player, plus Prince can also play five eight and partner Thurston in case Lockyer gets injured.

What do you guys think ?

Orford will struggle to get past Prince for the Aus side, I guess. But I really think that Stewart has a better passing game than Slater, great positional play, serious speed, solid defense and he's good under the high-ball. Slater's kick return is a serious weapon, but Stewart has his measure in every other department. And i'm not biased. At all.:cool:

Orford will struggle to get past Prince for the Aus side, I guess. But I really think that Stewart has a better passing game than Slater, great positional play, serious speed, solid defense and he's good under the high-ball. Slater's kick return is a serious weapon, but Stewart has his measure in every other department. And i'm not biased. At all.:cool:
Plus the fact he makes less errors,concedes less penalties and scores and sets up more tries.

Loudstrat

Coach
What do I think?

The Stewarts, Williams, Kite and possibly Watmough and Lyon will play in the World Cup. Lyon a certain the shadow the Folau/Inglis centres, with Williams and Hayne on the wing.

I think Cronk would be ahead of Prince, being incumbent.

Biscuits

Juniors

What do you guys think ?

Orford cant get it done in a big match.

Loudstrat

Coach
Tonight showed.

Waiting for Saab to come in with his "no 6th tackle options" tripe - but maybe he's still on the piss with the Broncos.

Gaba

First Grade
Has won himself even a shot for NSW Halfback in 2009?

Bellamy or Hasler as coach.

Even Lyon... Glenn Stewart.

No way orford will be half back, the other sea eagle players took over in the grand final orford done very little

the kirwan kid

Juniors

For the Australian side:

1. Stewart
8. Kite
17. G. Stewart

I think Kite had a great game (he and Matai were Manly's best IMO) and deserves to be in the Aussie side but does one awesome game mean he should start in front of Price and Petero? I don't think so.

Latest posts