What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orford Surely...

IgorManiac

Juniors
I think Kite had a great game (he and Matai were Manly's best IMO) and deserves to be in the Aussie side but does one awesome game mean he should start in front of Price and Petero? I don't think so.

Kite doesn't draw much attention despite being such a big unit. He's played plenty of good games this year.

super_coach

First Grade
Playing no7 behind the Manly pack would be a great gig. Now could the ox do the same for NSW with a pack that dosnt always line up is another thing. Although he has to be a better option than some of the options the selectors have come up with over recent years as for Australia still got the likes of Prince and Thurston in front of him but on form and given the fact the
Aussie side will have quite a few eagles in it, he would probably do a real good job

4wardPass

Juniors
If NSW don't pick Ox next year you might as well give us the shield now!

mmmm drools 4 straight years would be awesome!

Picks for Australia
Stewart, Kite, Wolfman

Meth

Staff member
Origin is a long way off

I think Manly will not be as well represented in the Kangaroo squad and side as some caught up in the hysteria of their win think- not taking anything away from them, but they are a great unit, rather then a collective of footballers that are the best in their positions.

Stewart will battle Slater for the position- either one of them will do the job capably.

Robertson and Wiliams are unlikely and there are no positions available in the centers for Steve Bell.

I'm not sure that Lyon even wants to play

Orford is not the best halfback in the game- it would be a huge call to select him over Thurston or Prince.

Kite deserves selection. Perry may squeeze in.

Ballin, who I think was one of the unsung heroes last night, is not in the frame.

Glenn Stewart and Anthony Watmough have a shot- I think Stewart's case in strongest

IgorManiac

Juniors
Origin is a long way off

I think Manly will not be as well represented in the Kangaroo squad and side as some caught up in the hysteria of their win think- not taking anything away from them, but they are a great unit, rather then a collective of footballers that are the best in their positions.

Stewart will battle Slater for the position- either one of them will do the job capably.

Robertson and Wiliams are unlikely and there are no positions available in the centers for Steve Bell.

I'm not sure that Lyon even wants to play

Orford is not the best halfback in the game- it would be a huge call to select him over Thurston or Prince.

Kite deserves selection. Perry may squeeze in.

Ballin, who I think was one of the unsung heroes last night, is not in the frame.

Glenn Stewart and Anthony Watmough have a shot- I think Stewart's case in strongest

Good post, I think you've summed up Manly's rep chances well.

mxlegend99

Referee
Assuming the form from this year carries into next year, this is the backline and halves i would run with in 2009:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Joel Monaghan
5. David Williams
6. Terry Campese
7. Matt Orford

Although realistically Matt Cooper will be in the side.

Gaba

First Grade
orford will not be in the state of origin you can be assured of that, the manly team didnt help orford chances yesterday, by the other players taking control where orford should have showed the manly players didnt have faith in orford. The selectors wont be putting a person with a poor record of not performing under pressure into the origin side, when his own team wouldnt let him do it in the grand final

Meth

Staff member
orford will not be in the state of origin you can be assured of that, the manly team didnt help orford chances yesterday, by the other players taking control where orford should have showed the manly players didnt have faith in orford. The selectors wont be putting a person with a poor record of not performing under pressure into the origin side, when his own team wouldnt let him do it in the grand final

On the contrary, I think he did himself a favor by not overplaying his hand

Gaba

First Grade
On the contrary, I think he did himself a favor by not overplaying his hand
How ? i thought if orford was going to show he could handle the pressure it would have been yesterday m, but his team think he couldnt thats why i think yesterday performance has still not proved he can handle the pressure.

The few things i seen from orford were ordinary kicks to slater in the first half, then lyons and others took over the kicking from then, that shows to me the team didnt have no confidence in orford

fat joe

Juniors
The few things i seen from orford were ordinary kicks to slater in the first half

No, if you watched the game you would have noticed every kick went to Slater's right, meaning he didn't have time to do one of his swerving runs, and was rendered pretty much ineffectual.

bennoonthehill

Juniors
How ? i thought if orford was going to show he could handle the pressure it would have been yesterday m, but his team think he couldnt thats why i think yesterday performance has still not proved he can handle the pressure.

The few things i seen from orford were ordinary kicks to slater in the first half, then lyons and others took over the kicking from then, that shows to me the team didnt have no confidence in orford

I think its pretty unlikely Orford's goal was to prove anything to anyone. He did the best job he could to get his team over the line, and if that meant sharing some of the responsibility with Lyon and Ballin for the good of the team then so be it. And credit to him for not being a show pony.

Hanscholo

Bench
The selectors think Orford is a club player, and an avg one at that. Nothing will change next year, they will do the same stupid things as they have done year on year.

hellteam

First Grade
I think they could put both Slater and Stewart in the team. Slater's played wing before at Origin, and went pretty well. With no other absolute standout winger, it would be a good choice.

1. Stewart
2. Slater
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Folau

Slater and Stewart could swap around if need be

Garts

Bench
Orford should have been the NSW half this year. Now the selectors have invested in youth they might as well stick with it.

Manly will probably have 3 players in the world cup squad, both Stewarts and Kite. I guess 1 of Watmough, Perry or Lyon might sneak in as well.

Also what happened to Orford never winning a GF. hahahaha

Knightmare

Coach
Last night I was wondering about Dessy taking the job as Blues coach for next year. He's no slouch when it comes to running a team, and we all know how passionate he is about the job. He also couldn't give a f**k about the Queenslanders because virtually none of them play for Manly!

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Assuming the form from this year carries into next year, this is the backline and halves i would run with in 2009:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Joel Monaghan
5. David Williams
6. Terry Campese
7. Matt Orford

Although realistically Matt Cooper will be in the side.

Wrong. This should be the backline.

1.Kurt Gidley
2.David Williams
3.Jamie Lyon
4.Matt Cooper
5.Joel Monaghan
6.Terry Campese
7.Matt Orford

Latest posts