What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
the funniest thing is that they needed three reporters to compile that crap

who seriously reads the telegraph? its the lowest of the low. journalism is dead

Diesel

Referee
Good on the players for publicaly slamming the journos for this shoddy piece of work.

I hope the players and management shun the $&@t's that wrote this and their company

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And f**kwits like Kent wonder why the players don't want to speak to these lowlifes. and going to the Mannah house and bullshitting who they were??? Absolute scum with no morals at all.

Loudstrat

Coach
it could be true...its the way its reported that stinks

Jesus may have led a rock metal band in Jerusalem...lots of things can be true
He did lots of good things. I bet he was an awesome lead guitarist

Despite the cancer council and the quoted oncologist saying it was unlikely.
This. They dragged out a AFL quack to build their story up, and then hassled the Mannah household.

Cronulla, however, are reaping what hey sewed in 1995 when they sold their soul.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Damn, really wished that this thread stayed separate. It could have really created more awareness to News Ltd's scum reporting. Maybe even helped produce a boycott.

Dutchy

Immortal
I have no doubt they found certain peptides in Mannahs system at some point. But they won't be on the WADA banned substance list. Some treatments involve the use of peptides as an alternative to Chemo. Ie had it very close to home.

Gutter journalism with no respect for research or facts.

And f**kwits like Kent wonder why the players don't want to speak to these lowlifes. and going to the Mannah house and bullshitting who they were??? Absolute scum with no morals at all.

The telegraph have to be experienced to truly understand how low they are.

About 10 years ago I was managing a pub.

One night a rather large fight broke out which required the police to be called.

Once they arrived someone threw a schooner glass at a female police officer.

Needless to say a huge amount of police then turned up.

About 30 mins later someone from the telegraph called me for a quote.

I refused and told them they would have to speak to the owner of the hotel.

Next day in the paper the story appeared. Guess what ?! They attributed a quote to me anyway. They didn't actually name me , just my position.

But how many times do you think this occurs? My guess is the low bastards do it almost all of the time.

ek999

First Grade
This does show how irresponsible it was of those who administered the peptides/supplements are by doing it behind the back of the club doctor. I doubt there is a doctor in the country who would give growth hormones to a cancer survivor without knowing if it could increase the risk of the cancer returning.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Lets forget the fact there is a good chance it may be true.

if it was proven to be true, then that would be the time to report on it, not now when its nothing more than unsubstantiated nonsense and the player himself is not here to defend himself

this is a new low for journalism in Australia imo

Realistically this was always on the cards.

I can't for the life of me understand why people think the Telegraph should be covering up the story or why the Mannahs would wish to be complicit in doing so.

Giving a bloke something that encourages cell growth to a bloke in remission with cancer beggars belief. The Mannah's must be looking into a multi million dollar law suit for this.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
This is the leading story on every channel. Depressing the damage being done to individuals and the game the scum journalism at the telegraph and those who administered the alledged drugs

Done with the telegraph after this

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Realistically this was always on the cards.

I can't for the life of me understand why people think the Telegraph should be covering up the story or why the Mannahs would wish to be complicit in doing so.

Giving a bloke something that encourages cell growth to a bloke in remission with cancer beggars belief. The Mannah's must be looking into a multi million dollar law suit for this.

cover up what ?

nothing has been proven

its just rumours

Bench
Despite the cancer council and the quoted oncologist saying it was unlikely.
There is a doctor on FOX right now,a sports medicine doctor at that,and he is saying that it would be hard to prove as there has been no studies on this pep and cancer cells,and no previous cases to his knowledge.
He also says that it would be common sense not to give an athlete or anyone for that matter a growth pep when they are affected by cancer,he says those people involved ,if proven they gave Mannah these peps should be rubbed out of sport and medicine all together.
He is actually supporting the tele for bringing this type of behaviour out in the open,so make of that what you will,but if I had to choose,I would lean towards a doctors opinion rather than the experts on here.

cover up what ?
That Tim Mannah was given peptides while in remission for cancer. That seems to be the gist of the feelings on here. ie. How dare the telegraph ask such a question. Well I assure you the Mannahs would have asked the question as soon as it broke.

To think the Mannahs would be upset that questions are being asked is ridiculous.

nothing has been proven

its just rumours
It has to be investigated and be brought out into the open. People on here have mocked the "life and death" claims. Well here is a life and death claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.