What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
pic https://twitter.com/tomsteinfort/status/300502769650003968

BCuZrUeCcAATCu4.jpg:large

magpie4ever

First Grade
Weiders exclusive was Botha testing positive.

great rugby league journalism.

For once I agree, Weiger is a twat.

Obviously there to take the heat off Sonny Bill and the promoters reducing the fight from 12 rounds to 10 rounds after SBW started to get touched up at the end of round 9.

Amazing the result of these tests came back so quickly.

eozsmiles

Bench
I reckon that's a reasonable assumption to make. If it was Broncos/Titans/Cowboys you'd think it would have to involve QLD police. Same as the Warriors and NZ.

The report might be about criminals and the players or clubs are on the sideline. So if the match fixers or drug dealers are in NSW and Vic then those are the cops who will get the first shot at it.
For example, if a player from a non NSW club was being supplied with drugs or blackmailed by a NSW crim, the cops from NSW would probably be on the case.

BDR

First Grade
Warriors have naught to worry about considering that they are a NZ based organisation. ACC doesn't have jurisdiction to investigate them.

Stagger Lee

Bench
While acknowledging media speculation about the number of clubs today, the NRL remains bound by strict legal constraints and these have been reinforced today by both the ACC and Justice Minister Jason Clare."News Limited on Sunday speculated that six clubs were involved as part of the ACC's investigations.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-10/nrl-wont-be-naming-probed-clubs/4510864

Offsiders (ABC tv) today also stated that 6 nrl clubs are under investigation.

But I'm going to take a wild guess in that some of these organised crime links are just some players that are part of some bike gang (or friends with some).

Hope I'm right

gallagher

Juniors
Warriors have naught to worry about considering that they are a NZ based organisation. ACC doesn't have jurisdiction to investigate them.

And Lance Armstrong had nothing to worry about his tour de france record as he isnt french.

Starkers

Bench
yeah barrie cassidy said 5 nrl and 7 afl. nice to see caroline wilson get smashed more than once over her ridiculously afl biased columns.

BDR

First Grade
And Lance Armstrong had nothing to worry about his tour de france record as he isnt french.

:lol: what nonsense is this? I hope you are trolling. The whole investigation hinges on the powers of the ACC as an investigatory body. Those powers don't apply to New Zealand. There's no way they are one of the clubs named in the report.

The NRL might conduct an investigation themselves, or the equivalent NZ authority.

gallagher

Juniors
:lol: what nonsense is this? I hope you are trolling. The whole investigation hinges on the powers of the ACC as an investigatory body. Those powers don't apply to New Zealand. There's no way they are one of the clubs named in the report.

The NRL might conduct an investigation themselves, or the equivalent NZ authority.

So if the warriors are guilty of taking illegal drugs then they would have something to worry about? You changed your tune very quickly.

Spot On

Coach
From below link...

Mr Lawler said classified strategic assessments had been sent to all police agencies around the country and Commonwealth agencies, which were now responsible for pursuing action.
''Very detailed information, the names of the clubs, the names of all the persons, the details of how, when and why and where, based on the intelligence, the persons suspected, has been provided to the anti-doping agency ASADA and to the police. Particularly the NSW and Victorian police,'' he told Fairfax Media.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/top-...-at-critics-20130209-2e58b.html#ixzz2KU5xjxzA

Not just NSW and Vic police.

I don't think you can read anything into what club people are saying. The suggestions in the press about the nature of the wrongdoing indicate that individual players have been dealing with criminals and that is the root of the problem. If true, it might clear clubs of any systemic cheating but it doesn't clear their players. In the same way that Ryan Tandy dealt with crooks without his club sknowing, we might now have players who have done the same.

BDR

First Grade
So if the warriors are guilty of taking illegal drugs then they would have something to worry about? You changed your tune very quickly.
Well if you had a brain in your melon you would realise I was talking about the ACC report. As in - the report which is the subject of this entire thread. As in - the report which supposedly has named 5 or 6 NRL clubs as the target of further investigation.

I remember why I don't come into the NRL section much anymore.

gallagher

Juniors
Well if you had a brain in your melon you would realise I was talking about the ACC report. As in - the report which is the subject of this entire thread. As in - the report which supposedly has named 5 or 6 NRL clubs as the target of further investigation.

I remember why I don't come into the NRL section much anymore.

Cya later then.

When names & clubs are finally released things will only get worse.
Can you imagine the outcry if high profile players are rubbed out .Especially if they were QLD SOO players .
Would the results still stand?
Debate would never end about it .

The same with GF winning sides.
How many(convicted/suspended ) players would need to be a part of that team before the NRL decided that the win was null & void?

I hope it doesnt come to that & if any players are rubbed out ,they are just standard 1st graders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts