What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 2013 NSW side

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ill tell you this much, if we select Nathan Merritt over Ferguson, Tafua or Uate - we deserve to lose 8 in a row.

Mr Saab

Referee
Gidley at fullback ...FMD. did nsw not learn anything when he was fullback back in 2009 or 2010

T.T

Juniors
daley would be stupid enough to go with

gidley
hayne
morris
jennings
merrit

have to remember daley is out to prove he's no uncle tom

big hit!

Bench
DEeeeeeaaary meeeee.

Even to be mentioned is just absurd.

To be clear, I was a fan of Gidley when he played fullback for us and thought he was ok for NSW there, but the bloke hasn't played or trained there in 2 years!

It'd be like selecting Luke Lewis on the wing for origin now.

It's just writer Glen Jackson throwing up possibilities, not realities. Just like his comment that Hayne to FB means Merrett is most likely to fill the LW pozzie. Merely his opinion. Like all our teams here.

big hit!

Bench
I think the bolter will be Cordner.
I'm not a big fan of Merritt but I think he deserves a shot. He's got a point to prove and after the his wait I think he'd cherish the jumper a lot more than others.

We have an elite player in Lyon who couldnt give a crap yet a bloke like Merritt who'd play his heart out who can't get a go.

doesn't cordner play primarily as the middle forward at easts with SBW on the right & Aubbisson/O'Donnell on the left?

If so, put him in the queue behind Gallen, Watmough and Merrin who all play that role because all should be considered for this position, not as fair dinkum props. Merrin should (unluckily) miss out because of this.

There's a big requirement for balance, not just picking players for the fun of it.

MightyBronco

Juniors
get in the queue behind Bird, Lewis, T Sims, Luke O'Donnell, etc.

You forgot runaway Ben Creigh! In fact, arent all the NSW forwards edge runners?

Another point, is Lyon gunna play this year? Or is he still sooking. How can he get away with that?

dragonrickjs

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Ferguson
6. Maloney
7. A Reynolds
8. Tamou
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Lewis
12. Bird
13. Watmough
14. J Reynolds
15. Merrin
16. Mason
17. Woods

Sir Biffo

Bench
Please lord, no Merritt. The bloke is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorcycle when it comes to doing something more than catching a pass and falling over an open tryline.

He gets crumpled every time he attempts to take a hitup, and it's not as if he has skills like a Bowen or Slater that make up for his lack in size. He's just a bloke who stands on the end of a backline and gets an open run to the tryline.

I reckon the fact Souffs have been so shit for so long has actually helped him. When there's a dynamic threat like Hassan Saleh or Roy Bell on one wing, the opposition defence will obviously be targeting them and Merritt can slide in underneath the radar ...

Jono078

Referee
Merritt literally falls over the line again. Give the man a NSW cap!!!

EDIT: Still just the 1 hit-up for the game.

Last edited:

bellyache

Bench
Merrit is crap and soo too chumpyawn.. not finals material let alone SOO...Who plays the ball to no one in there 100th game??

aqua_duck

Coach
If there's such a thing as playing your way into a team than I believe Fifita is close to doing that, over 200m in both of his last 2 games

Jono078

Referee
With all eyes on him, this is what the man (Merritt) produced.

1 hitup
46m total
12m returned from kicks
1 error
4 tackles
0 tackle breaks
1 try - And yes, it literally was a fall over the line job.

EDIT: Now Andrew Fifita, that man is showing what it means to be playing yourself into a rep side.

bellyache

Bench
With all eyes on him, this is what the man (Merritt) produced.

1 hitup
46m total
12m returned from kicks
1 error
4 tackles
0 tackle breaks
1 try - And yes, it literally was a fall over the line job.

EDIT: Now Andrew Fifita, that man is showing what it means to be playing yourself into a rep side.
Pick me blother..

Latest posts