What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ot 1973 gf team including non playing reserves

webShark

To settle an argument can anyone list our entire team for the 73 GF including non playing reserves? Thanks

Another minor dispute , was Jason Croker a Shark before making his name at the Raiders?

Quigs

Immortal
Fischer, Corcoran, Rogers, Archer,Wear, Wellman, Bishop,

Pearce, Maddison, Maguire, Bowen, Turner, Watson.

Rick Bourke came on for Warren Fischer.

I don't think we made anymore replacements after that.

The other reserves are / were ????

(borrowed this pic from someones facebook posting)

1896909_10151910738266074_1294554879_n.jpg

Last edited:
Croker...
Can't be the same guy.
He's a crookwell bloke and would have come straight through the raiders system.

Yeah not him.

f**king awesome player though

The Popper

Bench
That is correct, Quigs. Bourke was our only replacement when he replaced Warren Fisher. Both teams only played 14 players that day, I believe. Malcolm Reilly got his comuppance for what he did to Ron Turner earlier in the year. I believe he was replaced by one of Satts' favourites, John Bucknall.

Fitzy2513

Juniors
Croker...
Can't be the same guy.
He's a crookwell bloke and would have come straight through the raiders system.

Yeah not him.

f**king awesome player though

The Jason Croker that played for us was from Batemans Bay. Former Australian Schoolboy who I think was picked up when they had that draft system in.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Our guy was Jason Crocker. Was with the Sharks from 1990-1992 and only made it onto the bench once. He was a winger.

Don't know all the bench from 1973 but I'm sure Panda and Fred Dennehy were there. Maybe Freddie Pagano as well.

I do remember numerous players being listed on the bench in the program for that day. I don't have the program, but I imagine it would have included Greg "Boxer" Allen, Steve Edmonds, Fred D., Fred P, possibly the Panda, possibly Kevin Hogan.

I just did a Google newspaper search, the Sydney Morning Herald didn't list the teams before the game, just an article about Edmonds being dropped in favour of Ray Corcoran and Bowen returning in place of Boxer Allen.

The Popper

Bench
Bit of a memory stretcher - particularly when you've got a few dead brain cells - but it could well be that replacements were only used to cover injury in those days.
Just checked - Yep!
1971 - 2 replacement players were allowed to cover injuries
1981- 4 replacement players were allowed on the field during matches.

Weaponhead

Coach
Our Jason Crocker was a ball playing lock who was a former Australian schoolboys rep. Had decent skills but didn't kick on.

Latest posts