What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - 9/11 Video.

Sharkman

Juniors
the only conspiracy theory I subscribe to is the referees boss ensuring son and Freddy get a premiership this year

beekershark

Bench
The real bravo two zero is a fine book and a nice piece of investigative journalism Booyah. There was always going to be huge question marks over the account, as McNabs original book was in great contrast to that of Chris Ryans account in " the one that got away"

Two blokes were on that same mission, both have hugely different accounts of what went on, but all books, the two the guys wrote, and the "real bravo two zero" are excellent reads and one can make up ones own mind about what went on.

Let's face it, the conflict hasnt hurt either mans careers !

carcharias

Immortal
any of you guys read any good books on the Vietnam war? I have read "One Crowded Hour" . I am going there and Cambodia for about 5 weeks at the end of the year. Im riding a pushy form north to south.
I like the true story told from an eye witness type of thing.

beekershark

Bench
Sounds like an awesome trip carch !

There is a very good book called CHICKENHAWK which is writting by an american Huey pilot during the vietnam war, really good read and some amazing stories.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
McSharkie said:
The problem with these things is that we are only getting one side of the story. I don't go for propaganda, so Farenheit 9/11 won't be viewed by me.

Am of a very similar point of view, Micheal Moore produces the most biased garbage I have ever seen and will never watch anything of his again.

PJ

First Grade
Am of a very similar point of view, Micheal Moore produces the most biased garbage I have ever seen and will never watch anything of his again.

Yep it's biaised, but that doesn't mean it is wrong.

And IMO it is no more biaised than mainstream news. Difference is Moore is upfront and open about his whereas news etc. push their agendas but claim it as reporting and journalism.

McSharkie said:
Not to that degree, but I don't watch the news. I read it. I won't be watching that rubbish, no matter how entertaining it is. It's blackbanned.

Good for you, McSharkie. Likewise, I won't read Peirs Akerman pulp, or listen to Alan Jones' dribble. It's the same reason I turn the TV to another channel when John Howards appears.

It's called a democracy.

PHaTMaN said:
McSharkie said:
The problem with these things is that we are only getting one side of the story. I don't go for propaganda, so Farenheit 9/11 won't be viewed by me.

You'll never watch anything of Moore's again, so, who cares? I hate movies with Jack Nicholson in them, and won't watch them. So what!.

You're entitled to your world view. But why is Michael Moore's film F 9/11 biased, Phantam? If you haven't seen the movie how can you judge? Perhaps it presents opinions you don't agree with.

I'd prefer to watch the film and make up my own mind before labelling it as biased.

Foz

Bench
I'm glad I watched that.
I have an open mind on this.
Sure the engine may have made that nice hole but where were the plane wings,marks etc?
There must be an explanation by someone for this. Something the pentagon is made out of?
I'm sure someone else has the other side of the story too- So much fuel the plane just vapourised etc.
Interesting topic. (and I'm of no political persuasion).

PJ

First Grade
You're entitled to your world view. But why is Michael Moore's film F 9/11 biased, Phantam? If you haven't seen the movie how can you judge? Perhaps it presents opinions you don't agree with.

I've seen it.

It is biaised.

It also raises some very interesting points that are worthy of discussion.

For a better look at how greedy and evil the current US administration is, excluding Bush who's just an idiot, have a look at "The World According to Bush"

millersnose said:
Generalzod said:
millersnose said:
gregos

i avoid discussing politics here

sorry

but seeing as you asked

here is my official reaction to the flash

bwaaaaaahahahhahaaa

Typical response from you Millers. The UNITED STATES OF UNCONSCIOUSNESS

still their is enough of you gullible lefties willing to swallow such nonsense

Conspiracy theorists abound in the USA. Many of the extreme groups belong to the lunatic right. They are anti government, anti republican, anti democrat. The Tim McVeigh type of gun toting establishment hating nutcase; the Aliens kidnapped me fruitcakes; the facist nazis still pining for the third reich.

A plane crashed into the Pentagon, and man has landed on the moon. To refute these facts is a delusion of the paranoid. The Bush and Howard supporters on here may not like the opinions of lefties people like Michael Moore. However even he does not deny that planes crashed into the Pentagon. His gripe is with American gun culture, and the Bush Government's foreign policies.

Macca

Coach
That's a fair point Sheros. He is just to extreme in his hatred for Bush. I want balanced analysis not the stuff he peddles. I am slighlty right wing in my thoughts but I am no Bush supporter. He has made plenty of errors, but going into Iraq wasn't one of them IMO.

PJ

First Grade
I want balanced analysis not the stuff he peddles
But he never claims to be balanced.

As I asked you before where do you get this wonderful balanced analysis? Certainly not from the mainstream press.

The ABC is always accused of a lefty biais.
Where do you manage to get balanced reporting?

Macca

Coach
It nearly impossible PJ, but Moore goes to the extreme. I can discern the information myself, I just want the facts from both sides of the political spectrum.

PJ

First Grade
A lot of what Moore gives is facts though. Just he doesn't balance them out.

Personally I think he is no more biaised in his presentation of a story than the news media, just the opposite slant and not delivered as a news article.

Then the news media, who have an opposite view, get into their much wider audience that Moore is biaised and its' all rubbish and then we get intelligent guys like you, who should be taking an alternative view in, rubbishing it as extremist and biaised without even viewing it.

So who has done the better job of propaganda then?

I was expecting it to be a hell of a lot more biaised than it was. And a lot of what was said has also been reported in other places as well.

Macca

Coach
I guess you are right. I should watch it before I critisise it. I have seen alot of it played out in the media already though.

PJ

First Grade
The same media who have undeclared biais and agendas and are anti Moore?

I wonder if they are anti him because in their hearts they know if they ahd been doing the job professional journalists should have he'd never have got started?

Macca

Coach
No actually it was from those that support Moore and those that oppose him, it was very balanced actually. The most balanced I saw was on Lateline. One of the few television news shows I do watch.

Generalzod

Immortal
PHaTMaN said:
McSharkie said:

"An open mind for a different view and nothing else matters"