What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: All hail your new Master (Forum Clean up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Coach
I'm trying not to change my posting habbits just because I've became a mod. To me all it means is changing the board for the benefit of all, honestly if people were happy the way it was I wouldn't change a thing.

What do you suggest to stop the rot KOTH?

Hahaha TBH I'm just stuffing around - I couldnt care less at the moment!

I love life!

I also love people getting all worked up about this place! What a forum!

coolumsharkie

Referee
"Some animals are more equal than others"

Memo: To the (Guest) secretary of the new forum censorship committee:

Who died and made you head speaker for this forum?

I must of missed the place where you vote for you and all these new rules and reg's. Go back to your conservationist studies at uni.

Please hand in your resignation asap.

Inferno

Coach
Forgive me Coolum, Im not the only one unhappy with the way it was.

The place is a democracy, people want me to leave it alone then say so.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
leave it alone. Its fine.
some f*ckers just need to be banned thats all.
f*ck em off for good, for the betterment of the forum.

Inferno

Coach
Fine for you perhaps Reefy, but personally Im a bit over the arguing which takes over most of the threads.

Thing I don't understand is, you have great football knowledge and get your point across better when its not stuck in a petty arguement with someone else. I don't get what you hope to achieve out of it, your not going to convince them, and they aren't going to convince you so whats the point?

That said, it is duly noted that there is now 2 in the "leave it alone" group.

I came here to make the majority of people in here happy Beeks, I think the forums seen better days, but if the majority disagrees with me, im not going to change it to suit me. Like I said in my first post, Im here to serve you guys, not the other way around.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Well f**k it Inferno, who asked you to clean anything up?

You honestly think cleaning up some gripes on here is going to promote good clean honest football discussion ? It's already f*cked that you can't post or create threads on whatever subject you like without it being moved to the graveyard.

If your over it then put them on ignore...

The cook and the kitchen, you know?

Dinky Dykes

Juniors
Inferno said:
Fine for you perhaps Reefy, but personally Im a bit over the arguing which takes over most of the threads.

Thing I don't understand is, you have great football knowledge and get your point across better when its not stuck in a petty arguement with someone else. I don't get what you hope to achieve out of it, your not going to convince them, and they aren't going to convince you so whats the point?

That said, it is duly noted that there is now 2 in the "leave it alone" group.

I came here to make the majority of people in here happy Beeks, I think the forums seen better days, but if the majority disagrees with me, im not going to change it to suit me. Like I said in my first post, Im here to serve you guys, not the other way around.
Good Luck!

Inferno

Coach
honestly I could care less about good clean honest football discussion. Disagreements are what makes this place interesting. But when it degenerates into petty bickering that takes over threads in which people just do want to talk Footy, then I get annoyed.

The off topic threads are a different discussion, entirely, and personally Im happy for them to sit in the main forum for a while.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The fact is, your point gets very hard to put across, when you have to spend your time justifying things to people like mcsniper.
I get some info because of 2 things, my line of work & my friendships. Neither of which I can talk about. Some of it is right, some of it wrong. But at the time of writing, it is what I know.
Now those that know me, that is not shyte & here I am half of my time, defending myself agaisnt a drunkard & teenagers in pink shirts.
Simple thing would be for him to put me on ignore, but he cant.
Same with DS & others.
Why dont they just post in their new forum & stay out of here?
No work for anybody then is there?
Would anybody miss Slayer? McFatso?
No they would be missed as much as Aries.
People come here mostly for info & this is the second time the pests have put people in a position of not wanting to post info.

Inferno

Coach
Why bother trying to justify it, why not just state your point and if someone disagrees, screw them?

But to be fair Reefy, same arguement could be made for you to put them on ignore.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Inferno said:
But to be fair Reefy, same arguement could be made for you to put them on ignore.
No. Doesnt work. Tried it years before you even joined.
Also, I couldnt care less what they write. I know what pissss ants they are & have no need to join in their irrelevant, pub talk convos.
They follow my posts & snipe.
I won't let anything i write get ridculed by the fat, bald or pink brigade.

SirShire

First Grade
coolumsharkie said:
Well f**k it Inferno, who asked you to clean anything up?

You honestly think cleaning up some gripes on here is going to promote good clean honest football discussion ? It's already f*cked that you can't post or create threads on whatever subject you like without it being moved to the graveyard.

If your over it then put them on ignore...

The cook and the kitchen, you know?

I agree.

Was there really a need for another moderator purely to stop this?

f**k, the place is already boring enough since the early days, why kill it further? These fueds have been going on for longer than you've been posting here Inferno, and as far as I can ascertain (and apart from the occasional olive branch being handed between duellers), you're about the only one who has cared enough to try and stop it.

Things may be messy, but I don't agree with your appointment as a moderator and what you are aiming to do. Whilst you've had little time to do anything, you have done little to 'walk the walk' as suggested from your thread in which you outlined your intentions.

Leave it be, people have dealt with this longer than the 5 mins you've been posting here.

Dread

Juniors
A quick note on mods; we're trialling Inferno because I'm off on holidays for a couple of weeks shortly and generally LU likes to keep a few people watching over such heavily populated forums. It was either Inferno... or a non Sharks fan, and I know how popular that has been in the past.

And while I'm here, I'll back Inferno 100% in what he's trying to achieve here. More football talk, less spam is a good policy.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Fuggen forum politics

for the record

Forum
Threads
Gold Coast TITANS
Brisbane Broncos
Canberra Raiders
Canterbury Bulldogs
Cronulla Sutherland

Manly Sea Eagles
Melbourne Storm
Newcastle Knights
New Zealand Warriors
North Qld Cowboys
Parramatta Eels
Penrith Panthers
South Sydney Rabbitohs
St George Illawarra Dragons
Sydney Roosters
Wests Tigers

Fuggen speaks for itself

Well done Dread, BS etc

Where is the problem again?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Clean it up

Start with condescending little upstarts like SirShire. Another one full of his own self importance.

How long you've been here is irrelevant. B_S can't do it all himself. New blood IS needed on the moderating team as Moriarty is MIA and Dread is useless due to his split loyalties.

This is probably one time when a poll is indicated.

Clean it up

or

Leave it alone

Give the less vocal the chance to vote. Run it in the FF to avoid trolls and make it a closed poll so people can vote as they see. Actively encourage all non FF members to join and vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts