What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

Eelectrica

Referee
Between the Chiefs and Ravens maybe.
With Burrow now gone it's hard to see any other team beating them. Bills aren't as good as advertised, and Miami can't seem to beat top teams. Who else is there?
Chiefs look beatable, Ravens not entirely convincing either. We’ll know more about them when they play the Jags, 49ers and Miami.

Jags going ok, have a pretty good run into the playoffs. SF did blow them up last week. Still they’ll win their division.

Miami was sloppy today, in the second half in particular. Have a tough run leading to the playoffs so we’ll see. Hopefully can learn from past mistakes.

Chiefs still the team to beat in the AFC, but gap not as wide.

Eelectrica

Referee
Now that would be something.
Imagine telling someone three years ago that these would be two of the best teams in the NFL. You’d be laughed out of the room.
Of course we could also get 49ers Vs Ravens 2 or Chiefs Vs Eagles 2.
Only thing I know for sure is that I can't see the future. lol

Jags Vs Lions is not impossible and would have that coolness factor of two teams that haven't won it playing each other for the title.

T.S Quint

Coach
Of course we could also get 49ers Vs Ravens 2 or Chiefs Vs Eagles 2.
Only thing I know for sure is that I can't see the future. lol

Jags Vs Lions is not impossible and would have that coolness factor of two teams that haven't won it playing each other for the title.

If that's the case, it better be a different outcome.
I'm sick of losing Superbowls.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Blockbuster today in Philli v Chiefs.

Philli will be out for revenge.

I think depends on what conference your team is in you will be cheering for other conference here.

T.S Quint

Coach
Zach Wilson officially benched.
Tim Boyle confirmed as the starter for the Jets next week. Apparently, Trevor Siemien is the #2 and Wilson has dropped to #3 on the QB list.

What a fall from grace for a number 2 overall draft pick.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Kansas aint good enough this year imo.

I am still dirty Miami lost to them 3 weeks ago in Germany we dominated the last 2 and half quarters other then a stupid fumble from Tyreek on halftime cost us the game.

I just think they lack enough weapons in offence for Mahomes to dominate.

Eelectrica

Referee
Kansas aint good enough this year imo.

I am still dirty Miami lost to them 3 weeks ago in Germany we dominated the last 2 and half quarters other then a stupid fumble from Tyreek on halftime cost us the game.

I just think they lack enough weapons in offence for Mahomes to dominate.
Yep. It’s why I say the AFC is open. KC receivers can’t be trusted to catch the ball this year.

Eagles probably winning the SB though.

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe Mahomes might now regret signing a humongous contract now that he's taken up the money that could have been paid for, you now, good receivers.

What made the Pats so good was Bradys modest lay cheque compared to what he could of been paid.
There was two big drops yesterday on the final drive. One was a TD and half decent WR makes it.

King-Gutho94

Coach
What made the Pats so good was Bradys modest lay cheque compared to what he could of been paid.
There was two big drops yesterday on the final drive. One was a TD and half decent WR makes it.
And you know what Tom would get more now with endorsements and extras stuff he does.

Whatever he missed out during his career taking paycuts he would get back anyway plus heaps more post career.

T.S Quint

Coach

It helped Brady that his wife earned more than he did.
But in Mahomes' case, he would already be getting tens of millions a year for at least the next decade, has more millions coming through endorsements, and will probably have a career in the media when he's done where he will earn even more millions.

Do these superstar QBs understand that for every extra million they get per year, the worse their team gets? In NRL I can understand a player taking more money, because every extra $100k can make a difference to your future. In the NFl they are already earning such exorbitant amounts of money that once they earn a certain amount they have no need for any more, the rest is just for ego.

hindy111

Post Whore
It helped Brady that his wife earned more than he did.
But in Mahomes' case, he would already be getting tens of millions a year for at least the next decade, has more millions coming through endorsements, and will probably have a career in the media when he's done where he will earn even more millions.

Do these superstar QBs understand that for every extra million they get per year, the worse their team gets? In NRL I can understand a player taking more money, because every extra $100k can make a difference to your future. In the NFl they are already earning such exorbitant amounts of money that once they earn a certain amount they have no need for any more, the rest is just for ego.

Yeah I agree. They are better off taking 12 mill less and having a few better weapons which will give them a better career and longer. His sponsorship money would be huge. I can't see Mahomes walking away from the sport with any less then 750 million.
To sacrifice 100million for 10yrs with some better weapons wouldn't make much different in your lifestyle and as you said he'd get a gig somewhere earning decent money as well.

T.S Quint

Coach
Actually, it's not just the QBs, but the teams that keep giving them these contracts.
Especially the ones that haven't earned it. At least Mahomes has shown he is worth the big bucks.

Daniel Jones is earning so much money, yet he is replaceable. Kirk Cousins as well. Jimmy Garoppolo is definitely replaceable, as is Derek Carr. All these guys earning shitloads of cash because the teams are so desperate for a QB they will pay through the nose for even an average one. Unless you have an elite QB, you can't win a SB paying them top dollar. If you look back at the previous decade, the only SB-winning QBs that were earning more than 10% of the team's salary cap for that season had either the names Brady, Manning or Mahomes (and Mahomes' first SB win he was earning only 2.3% of the cap).

Foles, Flacco, Rodgers, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Brees, even Brady in 3 of his first 4 titles were all earning less than 8% of their team's salary cap in the years they won. Stafford was right on 10%.

Looking back, it's amazing how there are so few QBs who have actually won titles, with Brady, Manning (x2), Big Ben and Mahomes taking up 65% of those. Going by the stats, if you win one, you are more likely to win another than not.

T.S Quint

Coach
Yeah I agree. They are better off taking 12 mill less and having a few better weapons which will give them a better career and longer. His sponsorship money would be huge. I can't see Mahomes walking away from the sport with any less then 750 million.
To sacrifice 100million for 10yrs with some better weapons wouldn't make much different in your lifestyle and as you said he'd get a gig somewhere earning decent money as well.

It's funny, because as much as Mahomes earns, he's not even close to the top earning QBs.
Joe Burrow is on top, earning $10m a year more than Mahomes ($55m vs $45m). Burrow might be thinking "Gee, maybe I should have let $10m of my yearly salary go towards buying a half-decent o-line. Maybe I wouldn't be injured so much."

What's $10m when you're earning $275m just over the next 5 years alone!

Latest posts