What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

Pazza

First Grade
It's funny, because as much as Mahomes earns, he's not even close to the top earning QBs.
Joe Burrow is on top, earning $10m a year more than Mahomes ($55m vs $45m). Burrow might be thinking "Gee, maybe I should have let $10m of my yearly salary go towards buying a half-decent o-line. Maybe I wouldn't be injured so much."

What's $10m when you're earning $275m just over the next 5 years alone!

in the NFL when you sign your second contract off your rookie deal when youre an elite player, you get paid.

Dont forget a lot of these guys have given a lot over their college careers and rookie deals for not a ton of money. Most of these guys dont even get close to a big second contract. when they finally get to that point they want to get paid. And from all the eagles podcasts ive ever listened to it seems like no one in America is against the guys getting their money.

King-Gutho94

Coach
in the NFL when you sign your second contract off your rookie deal when youre an elite player, you get paid.

Dont forget a lot of these guys have given a lot over their college careers and rookie deals for not a ton of money. Most of these guys dont even get close to a big second contract. when they finally get to that point they want to get paid. And from all the eagles podcasts ive ever listened to it seems like no one in America is against the guys getting their money.
All US Sports every athletes salary is made public.

Just how they roll.

Over here there is more sensitivity about the players wages.

T.S Quint

Coach

I don’t begrudge them getting what they can. Just don’t expect your team to be as good as it could be.

And once again, it’s not like these guys are on chump change, scrounging around for whatever they can get. For the players on $1-2m a year, sure try to get a bit more. But if you’re earning $100m over 5 years you’ll never have to worry about money ever again. You really don’t need to bump it up to $200m.

T.S Quint

Coach
That's a nice pass.

Surprise win over the Lions.
Detroit have a great record this year, but have they beaten any good teams? Chiefs in week 1, I guess, but any more?

T.S Quint

Coach
Another win for the Niners, yay.
I’m loving this winning streak we’ve got over the Seahawks.
Defence didn’t let in a touchdown today, which was nice, but sad that Purdy got his first pick-6 of his career. He bounced back with some nice throws though, including a beauty to Aiyuk for the TD.

Big game next week. Will have to be at our best against Philly. It would be really nice to win that one. We’ve got an extra few days rest than the Eagles do, so hopefully that helps us.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Bills at Phili equals no chance. We have that rare thing where having talent everywhere but cannot quite put it together. Dorsey as horrible as OC and glad he is gone, everything was slowed down when everyone knows Allen is made for no huddle or getting it quickly, players looked so unprepared against teams and he was figured out very early on and had no idea how to adjust. Against Phili I expect to go pass heavy and not trying to run against a great Phili line. Defensively we should be fine with holding them , but it is a matter of scoring more which is the issue

King-Gutho94

Coach
Another ugly loss to the Pats. Mac Jones is surely done for good.

Gee the Giants v Patriots rivalry from the 2007 & 2011 super bowls is a distant memory now.

Both franchises couldn't be further away. How the mighty have fallen.

hindy111

Post Whore
I am predicting 23-21 Phili

Great game. Some massive plays all game.
Hurts was rubbish but come alive in the 2md half. Bills had nearly twice amount of possession. Should of won that. Hurts is an odd Qb. Plays bad then comes up clutch so often.

King-Gutho94

Coach
A back breaker for the bills there.

Should have won.

Allen is 0/6 in OT.

Philli got the home town calls again though.

Penalty count was ridiculous. Especially when you consider the ones they get away with.