What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

T.S Quint

Coach
Well, I got to watch two games from the first round.
Philly vs Atlanta was a good one. Dominated by defence, there was plenty of good plays in this one, with an exciting finish. Eagles defence looks just as good as last year so far, but need their offence to click a bit more. Matt Ryan will play much better in upcoming games than he did here.

San Francisco vs Minnesota seemed more one sided than the score would have you believe. The Vikings’ defence was brilliant, and put Garoppolo off his game well. Kirk Cousins looked like a top class QB, and had plenty of help from his receivers and running backs.
For SF, just too many dropped passes and blown coverages. Jimmy G made some weird decisions, not least his last pass where he threw into triple coverage. This will be a good learning experience for him, and hopefully the receivers get their hands working like they should. I like the look of our rookie WR Dante Pettis. Defence was decent but has a lot of improvement left in them.

Looking forward to this weekend. Hoping I can get to watch a few more games this week.

T-Boon

Coach
I watched a bit of Boston College v Wake Forrest. The sophomore running back AJ Dillon for BC is regarded as one of the best players in college football and will get drafted in a couple of years. BC seems strong this season.

jk13

First Grade
Can’t post a gif of bucky digging the pit, f**k u league unlimited and your shitty gif sizes

hybrideel

Bench
See the typical comments from the insecure AFL fans telling everyone how it's a better and more skillful game than league/rugby. They have serious issues

strider

Post Whore
I cant work out why he drop kicked it. Just to show he could? Better hang time? What?
I was about to ask ... why?

Can you punt a kick off? I assume not .... I am surprised you can do anything but place kick - nfl is so rigid

jk13

First Grade
He’s the quarterback’s quarterback, a man’s man. Brady can only stare and know that his times up

hindy111

Post Whore
See the typical comments from the insecure AFL fans telling everyone how it's a better and more skillful game than league/rugby. They have serious issues

I like both games but I think Nrl is more skillfull.
Afl have to have nice touch on kicks. So do NRL play makers. Afl have better catches but some wingers in nrl are just as good.

T.S Quint

Coach
Hey @Eelementary, I watched the Raiders this week against the Broncos.
They weren’t very good, I must say. Seemed to be lacking something....like a good pass rusher, maybe.

Also had a look at the Rams/Cards game to keep an eye on the Niner’s division rivals. Not sure if the Rams are really good or if the Cardinals are really shit. I’m going for maybe a little bit of both.

49ers did ok to get a win against the Lions, but will need to improve a lot to get more wins in the future. Matt Breida was fantastic in the run game, but Jimmy G is still looking a bit rusty out there. Not having Marquise Goodwin available hasn’t helped. I’m looking forward to having mad merkin Reuben Foster back from suspension next game. Will be a tough one against the Chiefs.

Latest posts