What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hey @Eelementary, I watched the Raiders this week against the Broncos.
They weren’t very good, I must say. Seemed to be lacking something....like a good pass rusher, maybe.

Also had a look at the Rams/Cards game to keep an eye on the Niner’s division rivals. Not sure if the Rams are really good or if the Cardinals are really shit. I’m going for maybe a little bit of both.

49ers did ok to get a win against the Lions, but will need to improve a lot to get more wins in the future. Matt Breida was fantastic in the run game, but Jimmy G is still looking a bit rusty out there. Not having Marquise Goodwin available hasn’t helped. I’m looking forward to having mad merkin Reuben Foster back from suspension next game. Will be a tough one against the Chiefs.

Tbh, mate, we are a mess.

No pass rush.

No decent QB (I stand by my dislike of Carr; he's an overpaid version of Tim Tebow. Yuck.

No genuine rushing threat.

Receivers who pull their fingers out every two or three games.

And a coach who is happy to sit back, and watch it all happen.

T.S Quint

Coach
Tbh, mate, we are a mess.

No pass rush.

No decent QB (I stand by my dislike of Carr; he's an overpaid version of Tim Tebow. Yuck.

No genuine rushing threat.

Receivers who pull their fingers out every two or three games.

And a coach who is happy to sit back, and watch it all happen.

I’m actually really interested in what Gruden is going to do there. They’ve obviously given him the green light to take his time and build the team how he wants, which explains the decision to let Mack walk.
It seems like a shitty decision right now, but I think it will work out in the end for the Raiders. They now have at least two first round picks in each of the next two drafts, probably reasonably high ones considering Chicago isn’t that good.

Kind of reminds me of the Herschel Walker trade back in ‘89, obviously on a much smaller scale, but you’re better off not paying Mack the big money and loading up on future picks. Short term pain for long term gain.
Of course it all depends on how Gruden goes in the draft room though. He has to pick the right players here or else he’s f**ked. I remember a couple of years ago he was deadset sold on Johnny Manziel and couldn’t believe teams were passing on him all through the first round. That’s not a good sign.

hindy111

Post Whore
Oakland have a division that know one owns. Once Rivers retires chargers may be done. Denver need a qb and Kansas have holes too.
Teams in lot situations then Oakland

T.S Quint

Coach
Oakland have a division that know one owns. Once Rivers retires chargers may be done. Denver need a qb and Kansas have holes too.
Teams in lot situations then Oakland

KC are looking good right now, but Mahomes may just be a flash in the pan.
They’ve been a good solid team for quite a few years now, but have never been a SB calibre team. They should win the division easily.

T.S Quint

Coach
U want a free bud? Jump on the plane to Cleveland, they’ve won their superbowl

We think the Eels have been bad when we have a 6 win season.
The Browns haven’t won a game in almost 2 years - and even then they only won 1 game in that whole season when they did last win one. Over the last 51 games they have only managed 5 wins and 1 tie.

Makes sense they feel like they’ve just won the Super Bowl, lol.

hindy111

Post Whore
KC are looking good right now, but Mahomes may just be a flash in the pan.
They’ve been a good solid team for quite a few years now, but have never been a SB calibre team. They should win the division easily.

Chargers for mine.

Kansas can win the bowl. Many teams can.

Mahome might be a flash but could be special. QB in a good side will go better. Throw Brady in a crap side in a tougher division and he wouldnt have 5 rings.
If Kansas where in that group they would win the division easy and with 6 relative easy game are a high chance on no 1 in division. That means 2 home win in finals and superbowl. Huge advantage.

Plenty QBs start well and die off. Marioata and Winston havent done much. Went and Goff where average in first years and miles better the following.
Mahome,Tribuisky,Watson all look solid.

This year you have Darnold,Mayfield,Rosen,Allen. Doubt all 4 will make it. Allen looked a stretch and not a top 10 prospect. Man those Bills are in dire strait.

T.S Quint

Coach
Not sure if Trubisky is solid just yet. Still has a long way to go. I think the defence is holding that team together.

I haven’t seen much of the Chargers recently, so can’t comment. I will say that Cleveland finally look to have something good beginning there. Early days still, but there are some very good players on both sides of the ball there at the moment. They won’t be winning my Super Bowls any time soon, but a Playoff berth might not be out of the question in the next couple of years. Will depend on how Mayfield holds up, and whether the coaching staff is the right one.

chiefy1

Juniors
We think the Eels have been bad when we have a 6 win season.
The Browns haven’t won a game in almost 2 years - and even then they only won 1 game in that whole season when they did last win one. Over the last 51 games they have only managed 5 wins and 1 tie.

Makes sense they feel like they’ve just won the Super Bowl, lol.

The browns had a new college rookie quaterback come on at around halftime down 12 nil. The crowd was chanting for his inclusion throughout the match and booed their current qb.

The debutant came on and destroyed the jets

hindy111

Post Whore
Wentz looks the best of the young QBs for mine.
Watson seems very good too. Wentz just seem smartest. Prob lacks the explosiveness of Watson or Winston.

T-Boon

Coach

Baker Mayfield was the number 1 draft pick and the Heisman trophy winner. I didn't watch him a lot in college but after watching yesterday and the lovely tight spiral he gets I am pretty sure the Browns are finally on the up.

T-Boon

Coach
One thing I like about watching college football (ESPN currently has Central Florida v Florida Atlantic on - these are 2 smallish mid tier programs, though UCF claim to be National Champions last year) is you get an idea about how NRL clubs could get bigger crowds if they just put in more effort. Crowd/fan engagement is unbelievable at college level.

T.S Quint

Coach
The browns had a new college rookie quaterback come on at around halftime down 12 nil. The crowd was chanting for his inclusion throughout the match and booed their current qb.

Baker Mayfield.
Yeah I watched that game, and the Browns were going nowhere with Tyrod Taylor under centre. Sucks to say, but Taylor copping a concussion was the best thing that happened to them. They have some good young players on defence as well, Denzel Ward and Myles Garrett amongst them.

T.S Quint

Coach
Wentz looks the best of the young QBs for mine.
Watson seems very good too. Wentz just seem smartest. Prob lacks the explosiveness of Watson or Winston.

Or as a Philly fan you may be a little bit biased. He has looked good for one season, in which he got injured.
I think the fact that a backup QB came into that team and won the SB suggests that the success of the Eagles wasn’t due to the QB.

T.S Quint

Coach
Watch this leap. The ball runner is a freeking gazelle or something.

That is so incredibly dangerous, yet you see it happen all the time in American Football.

Usually they jump over a player who is diving at their legs to trip them up, but in this one the defender seemed to be doing the right thing, getting down and coming back up to make the hit. The QB just jumped the f**k right over him. Lucky he didn’t end up on his head.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Watching the Raiders play is more depressing than watching the Eels play, tbh.

Oakland is just...we are hot garbage.

hindy111

Post Whore
Or as a Philly fan you may be a little bit biased. He has looked good for one season, in which he got injured.
I think the fact that a backup QB came into that team and won the SB suggests that the success of the Eagles wasn’t due to the QB.

Foles wasnt exactly great in the games he played bar the last 2.
In reg season he was woefull againdt Oakland and held scoreless against Cowboys. Went ok against Giant who where pathetic.
By memory was no TD against falcons and was also horrible for most thst game. Then he played 2 best games of his life. As good as any QB has played. He was electric.

Wentz has some floors but hard to compare Foles to him.

Latest posts