What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

T.S Quint

Coach
Sack Gruden.

And he can take that hack Carr with him.

Carr has been awful, but he hasn’t had a lot of help.
His o-line is appalling, and has no receivers. The defence is just plain bad.

Letting the 2018/19 Niners walk all over you is criminal. Making a third-string QB look like Aaron Rodgers is even worse.

Gruden obviously has a plan of short term pain for long term gain. He’s not getting sacked any time soon, but if he doesn’t use the draft picks he picked up well, then his head won’t be attached to his body for much longer.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Carr has been awful, but he hasn’t had a lot of help.
His o-line is appalling, and has no receivers. The defence is just plain bad.

Letting the 2018/19 Niners walk all over you is criminal. Making a third-string QB look like Aaron Rodgers is even worse.

Gruden obviously has a plan of short term pain for long term gain. He’s not getting sacked any time soon, but if he doesn’t use the draft picks he picked up well, then his head won’t be attached to his body for much longer.

I reckon Gruden is going nowhere for the simple fact that that simpleton, Mark Davis, signed him to a ten-year deal.

I know we are a mess, but Gruden is in the media, prancing around and saying how great it is that people want to play for Oakland (http://www.espn.com.au/nfl/story/_/...ayers-dying-play-oakland-raiders?platform=amp)...

He's lost the plot, and he's either too stupid, too arrogant, or too poorly-equipped to deal with it appropriately.

He's made his mark - but he did so by allowing the best pass rusher in the game to walk, not signing any decent receivers, and making some stupid decisions (replacing a 31-year old Crabtree, with a 33-year old Nelson, who is unable to run with great speed at all any more? Wtf??? Signing Doug Martin to back up Lynch? What!?!?!?!?)...

And then he plays the Ricky Stuart game at press conferences, and it's everyone's fault but how own...

This dude (Gruden) denounced analytics, and made a joke about wanting to bring the game back to 1998 - no wonder Mark Davis wanted him coaching his team, as Gruden has proved he is the Head Coach version of Davis, with slightly better hair.

And we get to enjoy him for 9 more seasons...

A lot of people dislike Brad Arthur, and he should be dislike for "winning" us a spoon; however, he has done good things for his club, whereas Gruden...

Gruden has only been in charge for one season, and so deserves the benefit of the doubt, but it's not looking good...

T.S Quint

Coach
I have heard the Mack trade being likened to the Herschell Walker trade back in the 90s.
The Cowboys used those picks so well it set them up for the next decade in which they won multiple Super Bowls. This is where Gruden needs to earn his money. He needs to make good use of those picks (it also looks like the Raiders will have a top 3 pick at next year’s draft for themselves going by their record so far).

If it turns out he gave away something big but his pick ends up busted, like when the Skins gave away a bunch of picks for the rights to pick RG3, then I can see him getting sacked and receive huge payout pretty soon.

84 Baby

Referee
I never realised that if you take interception/fumble recovery on a two point conversion attempt and go the length, you only get 2 points, not a TD. I assume that if you don’t make it, it just goes back to kickoff? Otherwise you’d stop at the 1 yard

T-Boon

Coach
I never realised that if you take interception/fumble recovery on a two point conversion attempt and go the length, you only get 2 points, not a TD. I assume that if you don’t make it, it just goes back to kickoff? Otherwise you’d stop at the 1 yard

Yes, and its the same for the 1 point after touch down. You can steal the 1 point. Rare, but I saw the Irish get one against the Longhorns in 2016.
Edit: I just looked it up it is on youtube if anyone cares 'Shaun Crawford point after touchdown' (or something)

T.S Quint

Coach
BTW how f**king packed to college stadiums get?

It’s pretty f**king huge, especially in those states that don’t have NFL teams, like Alabama, Iowa, Mississippi, etc.

Americans just love their football so much that they will go all out to support the local school team, even if they didn’t even go to that school.

jk13

First Grade
George mutherf**kin kittle, soooo good. Still blowing all over elway after all these years. Going to the Seattle game this week, hopefully Mullens can keep the non tanking going

hybrideel

Bench
What's with Amari Cooper deciding to remember how to catch the f**king ball as soon as he leaves Oakland.
And before Eele comes in, sure Carr hasn't been great, but Prescott is no Aaron Rogers either

Kornstar

Coach
George mutherf**kin kittle, soooo good. Still blowing all over elway after all these years. Going to the Seattle game this week, hopefully Mullens can keep the non tanking going

A year ago today i was in Indianapolis watching the Colts v Broncos.

Have a great time at the game!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
What's with Amari Cooper deciding to remember how to catch the f**king ball as soon as he leaves Oakland.
And before Eele comes in, sure Carr hasn't been great, but Prescott is no Aaron Rogers either

Derek Carr is an impostor; a fraud; a pretender. :D