OT: American footy thread

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by hindy111, Oct 13, 2014.

1. hybrideel

hybrideel Bench

So out of 31 passing attempts from Carr, only 2 were over 8 yards and neither completed. He did get sacked 6 times though so maybe getting rid of the ball quick was the only option. However if almost half your pass attempts are behind the line of scrimmage, you are not going to be winning many games

Eelementary likes this.
  2. hybrideel

hybrideel Bench

I know you don't like Carr, but is he really the problem? 2 years ago when he had the O line giving him time, he was an MVP candidate until the leg injury. Last year the receivers couldn't catch a cold. I will admit he has made some poor choices this year though.
    It seems as though we aren't playing to his strength though which is his powerful arm. Short checkdown attempts and screens will get you nowhere in the current game

Eelementary likes this.
  3. Eelementary

Eelementary Immortal

I've just always thought he only offers one thing - a cannon for an arm.

No game management.

No finesse.

Afraid of impact.

Makes bad decisions under pressure.

I've always felt he was a dreadfully below-par QB, and the sooner we get rid of him, the better.

4. hindy111

hindy111 Referee

Oakland have draft capital now.
    I think they will end up with a top 5 pick this year from own pick and a 10-15 from bears. Along with a few 2nd rounders. That 4 very good players can land.
    The timing will be good. In 2 yrs the Patriots and Steelers will be done and know one else looks built that great for long term. Chargers will also lose Rivers.
    Id rather stink it up for a few years and get draft capital then finish with a 7 win record and never land a top 5 talent.

T.S Quint and Eelementary like this.
  5. hindy111

hindy111 Referee

6. strider

strider Post Whore

answer your f**kin email ffs

7. hindy111

hindy111 Referee

Im rich

8. Eelementary

Eelementary Immortal

True.

But the last time we drafted "well" was...

Shit, I don't even remember.

9. eels81236

eels81236 Bench

I was at Wembley last night. Good game if excitement is not your thing.

10. T.S Quint

T.S Quint First Grade

What a game the Niners/Packers match was.
    The end was f**king hard to watch though. Everyone just knew that Rodgers was going to orchestrate a comeback in the dying minutes. That really hurt.

Our offence seems to be doing well, even with Garoppolo our injured. Matt Breida has proved to be a revelation, and CJ Beathard is definitely holding his own at QB. But the defence just clocks off at times in the match and it really hurts us. That and too many turnovers.

I think we are doing well, and have been a chance to win most games that we have played, but we just don’t have the patience or experience to get over the line. If we play the way we did against Green Bay for the rest of the year we will pick up a few more wins for sure...but at this stage it might be better to just hang in close to keep the games interesting but just end up losing. Another top 3 draft pick is very much needed, especially if we can get a probable elite pass rusher like Nick Bosa.

Eelementary likes this.
  11. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

I'm not so sure it was a given, sure he does it a lot, best QB for mine but he just cant keep doing it

12. Eelementary

Eelementary Immortal

13. T.S Quint

T.S Quint First Grade

Against my team it was a given.
    He’s just done it so often, and I have no faith in our defence this season. They e given up shitloads of points way too easily.

14. T.S Quint

T.S Quint First Grade

Eelementary likes this.
  15. Eelementary

Eelementary Immortal

I know!

The guy is a joke - it's everyone's fault, except his own.

16. T.S Quint

T.S Quint First Grade

Wow, the Cards were bad. Really f**king bad. Broncos defence was pretty good, but Cards let them walk all over them.
    Josh Rosen hasn’t shown much so far this season, but too early to make a decision on whether he’s a bust or not. His o-line and receivers were no help, but a lot of his troubles were his own fault.
    Maybe the Niners won’t be finishing last in the NFC West this season...nah who am I kidding.

Oh how I wish for an elite pass rusher like Von Miller on my team. Guy’s a game changer.

17. hindy111

hindy111 Referee

Presskot looked golden his first season and terrible the next. So far this season average. He was picked late so hard to see he is ever a bust but year 1 was rated best of him Goff and Wentz. But the latter 2 in worse teams.

Goff now looks great but hey what a team he is in. Gurleys a weapon. And he has them all over park.
    Mariotta,Winston,Carr,Bortles are all at time where can judge I think after this season. But hell some may still win superbowls. All are good enough too.

Truibisky was woefull last season but look at the difference . Lets see Watson,Mahomes and co in a few years.

This year 5 qbs went in 1st round. It would be a huge suprise if more then 2 become 15yrs franchise QBs.....
    Rosen,Darnold,Baker,Allen all come into very weak teams. Darnold and Baker I think have best chances due to teams building process. Next year I think both will stand up. There divisions will open up.
    The other 2 will have it very hard for a few years to come. Arizona have rams,Seattle amd 49rd who are on way up.
    Bills are just a basket case at moment.

On Winston he is in a tough division with 3 top shelf qbs...Mariotta needs to make this year count while Colts and Texans are down.

T.S Quint likes this.
  18. Barry O'Speedwagon

Barry O'Speedwagon Coach

Looks like the Cards are going to tank this season. They won't suit up Bradford so they don't have to pay him.

19. T.S Quint

T.S Quint First Grade

Probably better off. Rosen gets some game time, and Cards get a high pick at the draft. Would be shit for their fans though.

Have you got a team that you support in the NFL Barry?

20. Barry O'Speedwagon

Barry O'Speedwagon Coach

Not really...I used to like the Bills back in the 90s. There are some teams that I don't particularly like (Pats, Saints). I like Andy REid as a coach, so I'm usually interested in how the Chiefs play, but I don't care too much. I watch all the FTA/Fox games but it takes me to the end of the following weekend to do so, so I don't look in this thread (to avoid spoilers).

Kornstar and T.S Quint like this.