What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

Eelementary

Post Whore
I didn’t see it. What happened?

Hyde is no Lynch (but then who is) but he’s a good RB.

When he’s healthy.

Yeah, he's good.

But he was getting tackled in the backfield, breaking tackles, and making huge first down plays, all game.

The commentators said our run D was tough all day - I disagree.

I watched the entire game, and Oakland's run D was awful. Carlos Hyde broke tackles at will.

On the plus side, Derek Car - the pretender playing QB - was actually quite good.

Eelementary

Post Whore
JJ Watts needs to retire.Has he ever finished a season?
Oakland should of won that game.

We definitely should have.

Our defence is shocking.

Trading away Gareon Conley, to give Lawson, Mullen, and Worley first crack...

Jon Gruden is on crack. f**k him right off.

hindy111

Post Whore
Didn't really expect to get there at the start of the season so I'll take what ever we can get at this stage.

Drew Brees and New Orleans will plays Brady in big one.

Rodgers doesn't have the support or weapons of those teams.

T-Boon

Coach
I think I am in love with Nick Bisa.

4 and 0 baby! Not the greatest of opponents so far but it’s good to be winning these games we would have lost a year or two ago.

Rams up next. Huge game. If we can win this one we can be recognised as a legitimately good team.
Been a long time since we’ve been one of those.

He is probably going to make Chase Young the number 1 draft pick the way he is going. Chase is arguably better.

hindy111

Post Whore
Oi ! What does this mean ?

If a side gets a field goal in first set then they still have to kick off AMD give opposition a chance with ball.
Example when we lost to Brisbane this year.
Solution- Scrap golden point for regular games. A draw stays a draw.
Leave extra time as is for finals.

I'd be all for when you score a try you kick off. It would stop the possesion flow that can ruin games inside 20mins. Not for penalty goals just tryst.

Noise

Coach
Oi ! What does this mean ?

They are saying that if you score off the first set in golden point then the other team needs a chance to get the ball afterwards - they do this in touch footy. The problem is in league the team who didn't score still has to kick off meaning the same team receives the ball and could score again. The team kicking off still hasn't received the ball. They would have to completely change the rules to make it the scoring team kicks off in golden point.

T-Boon

Coach
They are saying that if you score off the first set in golden point then the other team needs a chance to get the ball afterwards - they do this in touch footy. The problem is in league the team who didn't score still has to kick off meaning the same team receives the ball and could score again. The team kicking off still hasn't received the ball. They would have to completely change the rules to make it the scoring team kicks off in golden point.

They should have done that 100 years ago already.

hindy111

Post Whore
Derek Carr was clutch today.
I reckon Oakland could go on a run. My prediction is a 9-7 season.And a possible wild card.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Derek Carr was clutch today.
I reckon Oakland could go on a run. My prediction is a 9-7 season.And a possible wild card.

I wouldn't say "clutch" - I'd say "serviceable".

Josh Jacobs laid the platform, and the defence continued its good form.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That last drive was great.
He has the best completion rate in NFL. Do you think they will get a wild card?

Honestly?

No.

Detroit has the worst pass defence in the NFL, and we only just beat them by 7.

I don't know...I just don't rate Carr, and I just don't think our receivers are much chop.

Josh Jacobs is a gun.

Clelin Ferrell is a special talent.

Our D, overall, is decent - but our offence is pretty terrible.