What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Eelementary

Post Whore
This is huge news - the Azzurri were fighting hard to keep this one:

Suitman

Post Whore
The appointment of Ange to Spurs is the biggest Australian sporting story of the year BY FAR. Believe the hype.
Sadly it is just a basic headline in Australia, but the appointment has had massive social media and mainstream media discussion in Britain and around the world which most Aussies don't give a f**k about, nor would ever see. I've watched many videos this arvo discussing this most important appointment.
Basically, Ange has taken over from some of the supposed best of world managers like Conte and Mourinho who did sweet fa for Spurs.
This is huge and the pressure is now on Ange to perform. A 4 year deal for him suggests that maybe they are willing to give him time, but I doubt that. This is Spurs and this is the EPL.
I have trust that Ange knows the huge task he has taken on. I just hope he gets the full support of Levy and some time to turn the club around and win something.

Next stop - Any other club in Europe for him if he can achieve that.
Despite what happens from now on, Ange is already a legend of Aussie sport in my opinion.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Basically, Ange has taken over from some of the supposed best of world managers like Conte and Mourinho who did sweet fa for Spurs.

Conte and Mourinho are so overrated IMO, they have achieved a lot but also rely on spending huge amounts of money on transfers, then they both came to Spurs with their anti football style of play and both got sacked as they did f**k all with the existing squad and we did spend a reasonable amount of money on transfers for Conte and he went backwards. Big Ange plays a very attacking style of football, opposite to anti football that we have been playing for the last 3 years.

Big Ange can get the best out of an average squad, not that Spurs have an average squad, but he won't rely on huge transfer budget, which is probably what Levy found appealing with him.

Also, our Director of Football, who is second in charge to Levy, Scott Munn is also Aussie, worked for Citihads chain of teams starting from Melbourne City (who Mariners just crapped on in the A League Final, lol) then went to China and managed their biggest club, also owned by Citihad (Manchester City and their oil money).

Spurs really have an Aussie flavor atm and some of the poms Spurs fans are saying that's the end of Spurs as those 2 have no European experience.

Hope we kick arse.

Suitman

Post Whore
Conte and Mourinho are so overrated IMO, they have achieved a lot but also rely on spending huge amounts of money on transfers, then they both came to Spurs with their anti football style of play and both got sacked as they did f**k all with the existing squad and we did spend a reasonable amount of money on transfers for Conte and he went backwards. Big Ange plays a very attacking style of football, opposite to anti football that we have been playing for the last 3 years.

Big Ange can get the best out of an average squad, not that Spurs have an average squad, but he won't rely on huge transfer budget, which is probably what Levy found appealing with him.

Also, our Director of Football, who is second in charge to Levy, Scott Munn is also Aussie, worked for Citihads chain of teams starting from Melbourne City (who Mariners just crapped on in the A League Final, lol) then went to China and managed their biggest club, also owned by Citihad (Manchester City and their oil money).

Spurs really have an Aussie flavor atm and some of the poms Spurs fans are saying that's the end of Spurs as those 2 have no European experience.

Hope we kick arse.
As you know, I'm a Newcastle fan.
I just want to see Ange continue to succeed as it is good for Australian football.
Ange can win the FA cup and we can win the PL.
I sincerely wish him well. What he has done at Celtic has been amazing.
Happy times.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sadly it is just a basic headline in Australia, but the appointment has had massive social media and mainstream media discussion in Britain and around the world which most Aussies don't give a f**k about, nor would ever see.
We have BBC on in the office and there’s been plenty on there about him.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Hope we kick arse.
Will Ange keep Harry Kane or let him go.you reckon.

It seems like a waste Spurs haven't capitalised on Kane's career so far without a Trophy to show for it.

Maybe he is one of those talented but cursed players that is destined to not win anything.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Will Ange keep Harry Kane or let him go.you reckon.

It seems like a waste Spurs haven't capitalised on Kane's career so far without a Trophy to show for it.

Maybe he is one of those talented but cursed players that is destined to not win anything.

he's under contract for another year, so I don't see anyone in their right mind letting him go

in a recent interview, he seemed to think his future was at Spurs but money talks, especially when the club is run by the likes of Levy

I tend to think Harry wants to see what Big Ange can do before deciding on his next move