What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They need some better players. What happened to all these young ethnics that came through at A-League clubs and f**ked off to Europe? De Silva, Arzani, Silvera... all turned out to be lemons. Hopefully Irankunda turns out to be the real thing. It's hard to score goals against good defensive sides without some skillful attackers.

Suitman

Post Whore
Quite probably but he’s still been classy about it

Fair enough.
I don't think he was given any choice. The football has been abysmal under his management.
Hence his apparent "classy" dismissal.
He would do his further job prospects no favours by leaving on a sour note, although Arnie could walk into any A-League job tomorrow. He's been very good at that level in the past.

King-Gutho94

Coach
How is Arnie's tenure viewed.

He got us to the Round of 16 in the World Cup which was a minor miracle and we took it too Argentina who went onto to win it.

I don't think whatever you think of the bloke that should be underselled.

Especially the players who he had at his disposal.

I thought a draw against Tunisia would be the best we could get.

I think 2010 was the biggest waste of a World Cup I have seen during the last 20 years.

2014 and 2018 we had tougher groups and were always going to struggle.

T-Boon

Coach
They need some better players. What happened to all these young ethnics that came through at A-League clubs and f**ked off to Europe? De Silva, Arzani, Silvera... all turned out to be lemons. Hopefully Irankunda turns out to be the real thing. It's hard to score goals against good defensive sides without some skillful attackers.
Yep. The days of Kewell, Cahill, Vidula and such are well over.

84 Baby

Referee
The good defensive sides like Bahrain & Indonesia?
I actually see many similar problems to Eels. Slow ball movement being the main problem

King-Gutho94

Coach
Man U are a cooked organisation.

drawing to Crystal palace is another dagger to the heart.

Fulham won 3-1

Wtf was that last week when I was there at Craven Cottage.

Happy but annoyed at the same time

As i have to live with the fact the 1 game I have seen them live in my life they conceded in the last 45 seconds.

It was a Parramatta type or goal they let through I'll probably be dirty with for eternity.