What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

84 Baby

Referee
I don’t really want to say it but I feel if I had been born in a less fortunate country than I to could’ve flown around the world to officiate soccer games with my eyes painted on.

84 Baby

Referee
The Socceroos are painful to watch, tbh.

Clunky, insipid...

Sure, we fight to the death, but we are so dull, and lack creativity.
I think in terms of creativity and flowing soccer, that was the best we’ve played in years. We overloaded the backs for obvious reasons and Duke isn’t a solo forward and even then was poor. No we didn’t generate any chances and the goal was luck but the effort and attitude with and off ball was good.
We’re just really really far behind Japan. Who I think outside tournament play are in top dozen teams in world. They are very strong across the park

hindy111

Post Whore
The Socceroos are painful to watch, tbh.

Clunky, insipid...

Sure, we fight to the death, but we are so dull, and lack creativity.

I barely watch anymore but it used to be park the bus and then just smash long balls into the box and hope.
Complete garbage but I guess only way to beat the good sides

King-Gutho94

Coach
So is our campaign is back on track.

Japan look like coasting it in.

Were 2nd atm which gets you through.

Still 6 games to go a lot still to do.

84 Baby

Referee
So is our campaign is back on track.

Japan look like coasting it in.

Were 2nd atm which gets you through.

Still 6 games to go a lot still to do.
The draw is point I don’t think anyone else will get this round.
Next 3 games are the key.
If we can get win at home vs Saudis (moderate confidence but scoring a goal will be hard), revenge in Bahrain (should be moderate confidence but it’ll be in Bahrain) and not drop points vs Indo (should be high confidence at home but well we tend to be shit when we should win).
If we lose points in those games, we’ll only really have game in China as genuine recovery because then it’s hosting Japan then off to Jeddah

hindy111

Post Whore
Japan has always played 10x better football. They are sharp and technical. I think top 12 is possible but Sth America would have 5 or 6 sides as good or better. Africa a few and then Euorpe. I'd say Japan is level with USA and Mexico.
I wouldn't have Australia in my top 30

84 Baby

Referee
I barely watch anymore
Next minute:
Japan has always played 10x better football. They are sharp and technical. I think top 12 is possible but Sth America would have 5 or 6 sides as good or better. Africa a few and then Euorpe. I'd say Japan is level with USA and Mexico.
I wouldn't have Australia in my top 30
I wouldn’t say always. I’d say about 10 years ago we took divergent trajectories. For a long time up to then though I’d only have them slightly ahead.
The only teams I’d have definitively ahead of them are Argies, Spain & Frenchies. Brazil also but I think they could give them a decent scare. Poms should be too but they love a good choke.
After that Japan is susceptible to highly skilled individual attack but other than that you can throw a blanket over next dozen.
They should comfortably account for US & Mexico as much as they did us.
I wouldn’t have any African team better or worse than US/Mexico (although see the individual attack susceptibility especially from Morocco/Egypt).
I also wouldn’t have us in top 30. Mid 30s I reckon

hindy111

Post Whore
Next minute:

I wouldn’t say always. I’d say about 10 years ago we took divergent trajectories. For a long time up to then though I’d only have them slightly ahead.
The only teams I’d have definitively ahead of them are Argies, Spain & Frenchies. Brazil also but I think they could give them a decent scare. Poms should be too but they love a good choke.
After that Japan is susceptible to highly skilled individual attack but other than that you can throw a blanket over next dozen.
They should comfortably account for US & Mexico as much as they did us.
I wouldn’t have any African team better or worse than US/Mexico (although see the individual attack susceptibility especially from Morocco/Egypt).
I also wouldn’t have us in top 30. Mid 30s I reckon

I used to watch all time. Japan was always great technique wise but lacked size and power and could be bullied.

Latest posts