What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
saddest thing I saw the other day at the local park (where they have regular private sessions coaching middle class kids) was a kid getting one on one lessons from a soccer coach while his dad sat on the sidelines taking picture on his phone
When I was a young bloke I worked with an Irish labourer who had played soccer at a fairly high level back in Ireland (where they are fairly shithouse). He lived in the Eastern suburbs, back when labourers could afford to live there, and he started doing private coaching for rich kids around the area. He earned so much he ended up quitting his day job.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My little fella played Auskick and soccer last year and the Auskick kids were a lot more athletic.
Further to this, one of the boys in my son's soccer team was a big, strong merkin, and very good on the ball. He had come from Scotland, and his mum told my wife that kid's soccer was a lot rougher over there.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If it was on free to air I'd watch more. Sbs for me was all about football. The world game. Then the EPL stopped them from showing the highlights package and I and many others lost interest in football. It's a shame.
Actually the death of LES MURRAY should not be underestimated. This guy was HUGE. I better repeat. He Was HUGE for football in this country. He was the voice of football.
Who is now?

Yeah, I agree completely - RIP, Mr. Murray.

He was always so insightful, and passionate.

I'd say the closest analogue we have now is Craig Foster, who is an astute football mind, but tends to get mired down in the politics of football, imo.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
India has a billion cricketers. The ones that succeed get the best coaching not the lids that play on the streets

the ones that succeed are from private schools, so indirectly you may be right but without the wealth, they only get to play on the streets

bazza

Immortal
When I was a young bloke I worked with an Irish labourer who had played soccer at a fairly high level back in Ireland (where they are fairly shithouse). He lived in the Eastern suburbs, back when labourers could afford to live there, and he started doing private coaching for rich kids around the area. He earned so much he ended up quitting his day job.
seems like now if you have a Brazilian accent you can add 10% to the amount you charge middle class white people to let their kid kick a soccer ball for an hour

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Saw some very impressive photos of the Wanderers tifo... was a darned good effort by the RBB on that one.
OIP.YwAzafSnPdw0g-3d60SvGwHaD6

Latest posts