What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- ATTENTION REEFY! One for those who like a surf!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Whilst reefy makes comments about Maroubra having average surfers, i suggest he looks up the name Mark Matthews who just scored a 10/10 with commentators saying it was "the best wave EVER riden".....

Anyways here is some footage of those average surfers surfing a spot in "gods country" that the boys have named "OURS"!!!! This may offend some cronulla locals:)

ENJOY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFKAzlNcC3o

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Bit out of touch these days. Is there a rating system for the best waves? I mean since so many spots in Asia/South Pacific etc have come to light?

cronullashark

Juniors
Snoop Shark said:
Whilst reefy makes comments about Maroubra having average surfers, i suggest he looks up the name Mark Matthews who just scored a 10/10 with commentators saying it was "the best wave EVER riden".....

Anyways here is some footage of those average surfers surfing a spot in "gods country" that the boys have named "OURS"!!!! This may offend some cronulla locals:)

ENJOY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFKAzlNcC3o

they probably meant the best at that spot ( Cape Solander ), but lairds wave is by far the best ever riden wave.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
cronullashark said:
they probably meant the best at that spot ( Cape Solander ), but lairds wave is by far the best ever riden wave.

NO NO NO!

2 COMPLETELY different stories! Mark was on the news two nights ago in regards to a 20ft beast he rode...im just repeating what the footage said!

newman

First Grade
Pretty heavy stuff. No doubt alot of the Bra Boys can surf, but their whole attitude is adequately surmised by this OURS situation.

The bra boys reckon they found it. They didnt. They reckon they were the first to surf it. They werent. They now paddle around the more well known breaks in the area (Merries, Voodoo) purporting to 'own' them too. Ordering lidders in, dropping in and causing fights. The worst is their attitude with Jetskis. When there is swell, Koby and co have been known to tow in when there are paddle surfers in the water. The height of rudeness, lack of respect and placing others in serious danger. Act like arseholes at Maroubra, but these are all Cronulla breaks boys, and your dominance ends south of Bear Island.

cheese

Bench
Newman summed it up perfectly.

The boys can surf, but their ego's are a bit of a joke. Especially when the disadvantaged merkin spruiking how good they are on a messgae board probably wears floaties in a public swimming pool. "Ours?" what wankers

Ive seen the great Cronulla man Terepai Richmond paddle into beasts at shark island that even the most well respected lid riders have dogged out of. You don't hear a peak from the great man. He's the epitome of how a man packing lead in his undies should act.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The difference is simple.
These kind of surfers are paid to take risks & to keep pushing the boundaries & have team & sponsorhip resourcesand technology at their disposal.
jet Skis, carbon fibre titanium boards, wind tunnel testing, rescue units, practice pools for training on under watere survival, the list grows & grows.
The best surfers in the world are surfers who compete in competitions. Whatever waves are there on the day, is what they surf & they surf against their equals.
Big wave surfers are nothing more than the crusty demons of the water.
A circus of average surfers(bike riders) pushing the boundaries of safety.

jc155776

Coach
I dont care if your mates can or cant surf Snoops, its all about having a bit of fun in the end isnt it??

Why bother with the whole "Ours" thing?

Some kind of inferiority complex where you cannot share or be laid back and enjoy things with others?

Inferno

Coach
jc155776 said:
I dont care if your mates can or cant surf Snoops, its all about having a bit of fun in the end isnt it??

Why bother with the whole "Ours" thing?

Some kind of inferiority complex where you cannot share or be laid back and enjoy things with others?

Agreed, JC, although to be fair I doubt that kind of attitude is limited to maroubra. I know up here on the coast, I used to know a few guys who surfed and seemed to believe they were allowed to drop in on a wave being surfed by Asians, but if they were dropped in on by Asians all hell would break loose. Used to hear stories about some places were surfed by crazy f**kers carrying planks of wood with them.

To me, that is an asshole attitude to have, and I doubt that kind of assholery would be limited just to their recreational life as well.

I mean, like JC said, it's all supposed to be a bit of fun isn't it?

jc155776

Coach
No doubt its not limited to Maroubra.

Its a scourge that has taken one of the most mellow sports and made it angry.

Im only a novice, but enjoy going to Alex Headlands or Greenmount for a laugh. You just dont seem to get so many wankers.