What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT- ATTENTION REEFY! One for those who like a surf!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
blacktip-reefy said:
The difference is simple.
These kind of surfers are paid to take risks & to keep pushing the boundaries & have team & sponsorhip resourcesand technology at their disposal.
jet Skis, carbon fibre titanium boards, wind tunnel testing, rescue units, practice pools for training on under watere survival, the list grows & grows.
The best surfers in the world are surfers who compete in competitions. Whatever waves are there on the day, is what they surf & they surf against their equals.
Big wave surfers are nothing more than the crusty demons of the water.
A circus of average surfers(bike riders) pushing the boundaries of safety.

:lol: So one of those circus surfers scrores a 10 out of 10:lol:

U really are a fuggwit with no idea about anything! As they say jack of all trades master of none! Sums u up perfectly freefy!

And JC i didn't tell them to call it "OURS" so don't whinge to me bout it!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
lets go through the list of world champions from maroubra again shall we Snoop?

Well there is .......... and there is........ and........... ummmmmmmmm.

lets go through the list of top ten surfers from a break where they dominate through bullying tactics, gets a regualr supply of swell.
Well there is ..... and there is.......and there is...........ummm..
If Australia relied on Maroubra to produce quality competitive surfers then we would be ranked right up there with lithuania.
Than f**k for breaks like Dbah, snapper, shark island, bells, margaret etc who continue to produce great champion world surfers who we can all be proud of.
Not mugs.

Bundy

Juniors
cheese said:
Ive seen the great Cronulla man Terepai Richmond paddle into beasts at shark island that even the most well respected lid riders have dogged out of. You don't hear a peak from the great man. He's the epitome of how a man packing lead in his undies should act.

Now there is a man that has earn't respect... to the letter. Not commended it like some. Terapai Richmond surfs Shark Island for the enjoyment and the thrill. Nothing else. We're talking about a bloke who regularly surfs what is regarded amongst many as the world's heaviest wave, standing up! And where are the sponsors tags hanging off him? When do you see him talking himself up and claiming ANYTHING as his? NEVER!!! The guy is a drummer with the Whitlams and ou'd never know that either. Seriously, respect and nothing more for a bloke who charges like that and DOESN"T NEED TO TELL ANYONE ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

cheese

Bench
yes yes and yes

This isn't anti-maroubra ..this is pro Terepai

I remember a couple of years back, on a big nor east swell ...I was surfing island far lefts...It's usually a laughing stock, but ever farlys was 6 foot this day ....There was only about 3 guys taking off at white rock, one Terepai, one Matt Percy ...not sure who the other boog was. Granted i've never travelled, but I've never seen lips this thick. Pai was dominating these bombs on a stick. Absolute crazy merkin. Even the lid riders were struggling to survive the freefall. There's always plenty of Pai love amongst the locals.... but I'd never witnessed it so closely. He's farkin chuck norris.

And putting the whitlams aside ...Pai is just about the best session drummer in Aus period. I've supported his dig trio before, and you wouldn't meet a more humble dude. His groove is dirrrrty ... Hamish stewart's groove isn't far off, but Tezza dominates sitting in the pocket matched against anyone in aus.

So yep ....There's a big wave hero who doesn't feel the need to gimmick himself off with inflatable crocs.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Russell Crowe has asked that a credit listing him as an executive producer of the Bra Boys documentary be removed, because he felt his contribution to the film did not deserve that level of acknowledgement.
explanation? Again, trying to use a well known media identity, without permission , to gain fame & fortune.
The film explores not only the legal controversy that surrounded Jai and Koby Abberton after the death of Anthony Hines, but also the history of Maroubra and the development of surf culture in the troubled community.
explanation of troubled community? is what middle to higher class australians refer to as a cess pit.
Crowe has a childhood connection to Maroubra. "When I was a kid I worked some weekends as a target marker at the Anzac Rifle Range and had school friends who lived in Maroubra, so I guess I feel connected to the area because of those things. [But] I'm not a surfer, I possess the grace of a dugong or a large rock in the water. So seeing footage of Koby riding the giant waves was full-on. He is a rare breed, there's not many people around who would challenge themselves to that degree."
Koby seems like a nice enough bloke & distinctively different from many others there. Some have no choice as to who their families are or where they live.

sladden road

Juniors
hey cheese
did you ever catch multiball..damn tight..

greyboy smoked all the proceeds from his first album ..
what a down dude..
rock on pai..
and how bout felix on the kit..shame he drums for those sneaky KOOKS.

cheese

Bench
Yea mate, I larved multiball. Saw them many a time. I still have wet dreams over Sam Dixons 5 string Fodera. And I didnt know that abouty grey. Doesn't surprise me though. He looks like he'd love a pipe or three

Felix is wicked man. I haven't seen him play for ages. I hear he's getting better and better.

If you're into pocket funk/jazz drummers, you have to check out Stanton Moore. Download his stuff from soulseek if you could be farged. Seriously impressive.

newman

First Grade
Terepai was sponsored by Billabong and Mambo in his time. Good enough bloke, but drops in plenty.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
To the core group of intelligent posters participating here. You know who you are.

YOU ARE ARGUING WITH AN IDIOT!!

cheese

Bench
Nice find Newmie. Very tidy indeed. He's got some hairy ones, thats for sure.

"Monster energy pipeline pro" - Is this the new name for the Pipe masters? or is it a separate event? ....Im only asking because the prize money seems pretty sh*te. Mathews only got 5k for coming second.

Latest posts