What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 NRL GRAND FINAL: Penrith v Melbourne Oct 6th

TheParraboy

Staff member
There were 4 decisions in that game that i shake my head.

Dunster scores and pass was called forward from Gutho. No one went to look back at it and when you look at the pass in fast motion it went out of the hands backwards.

Will Penisini & Mitchell Moses both get dragged back when Fergo makes a linebreak with 15 mins to go. Wtf was the touchie and Klein looking at. There was least one professional foul in that play.

With 3 mins to go Gutho got tackled near the sideline and the ball was stripped as he was on the ground being tackled but Klein called play on. Sterlo was bemused its either a knock on or a penalty.

Mitch Kenny rolled his ankle 20m behind the play oh lets just the stop the game so Penrith can get a break while were on the attack.

When you have Ferguson milk a penalty and then get up and celebrate like a pork chop as soon as the whistle was blown. Gutho/Moses waving their hands at everything? Wonder if those things sub consciously had affected ref decisions afterwards?

Despite those decisions, we should have won the game IMO. We had plenty of opportunity to do so, same as the Cows did in the 2022 prelim despite us getting a blatant forward pass try that got us over the line.

Point being, we need to get better in what we can control, we do that then decisions like those above wont matter or dont get to happen.

As the great Peter Sterling always says . The great teams create their own luck. I think all of us on here can acknowledge we are far from great

JokerEel

Coach
It gives me the squirts that these two shithead clubs go into battle for the GF. That said, they are so infront of anyone else it is embarrassing. I am concerned at how unequal the comp has become. The NRL's adminstration of the salary cap has been deplorable.

Not sure it's a salary cap issue (maybe your taking the piss with this comment)..

Agree with these 2 sides making the GF hate that they are there again probably why most of us fans are pissed with BA as we were there 2 years ago and then it all went to shit we should be there!!!!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Not sure it's a salary cap issue (maybe your taking the piss with this comment)..

Agree with these 2 sides making the GF hate that they are there again probably why most of us fans are pissed with BA as we were there 2 years ago and then it all went to shit we should be there!!!!
The Salary Cap was meant to even out the competition. It more uneven than it has been for decades.

JokerEel

Coach
The Salary Cap was meant to even out the competition. It more uneven than it has been for decades.

But the Panthers and Storm squads have been effected by the cap the most over the past few seasons.

Coaching and planning is why these 2 sides have been great for so long.

Roosters are a joke with the cap.. signed cheese and Young with the players they already had,but they didn't make it and won't for a while now.

probably not even watching this year. nrl has become like watching reruns of friends
At least we've recently changed from being coached by Joey (or Phoebe) to now being coached by Chandler (or Monica). I think Ross and Rachel are the vanilla Origin coaches....

Latest posts