What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT. Australian Open.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Ask most tennis fans about it, and most love it have never picked up a racket. I find it odd but also compelling of that point.
I played a lot in my youth, but can’t really bear it much to watch these days, I think those of my vintage were spoilt by the likes of Borg, McEnroe, Connors, Newcombe etc - the list goes on

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ask most tennis fans about it, and most love it have never picked up a racket. I find it odd but also compelling of that point.
I played a lot in my youth, but can’t really bear it much to watch these days, I think those of my vintage were spoilt by the likes of Borg, McEnroe, Connors, Newcombe etc - the list goes on

Top 3 atrocious sports

Rugby Union
Daylight
Tennis
Bocce

Quigs

Immortal
Not enough heavy body contact in Ten-arse. It would be great if some of those smart arse aussie blokes and others were subjected to a 20 minute softening up period during the first set.

I'm looking at you Kyrios.

Quigs

Immortal
You need these. They come in extra shrivelled for the elderly

View attachment 83318
You've still got that big head ever since you appeared on the KFC ad.

kfc-frenzy.png

coolumsharkie

Referee
The golden days of 5 tests with the one dayers sprinkled in between plus finals. Richie, Tony and Bill commentating.

It's actually depressing seeing what its become.
Warnies dead, shit changes and we can't do anything about it apparently.

I used to "jig school" on some weekdays when the Aussies and the WI were about to play a one day game in the 70's, right about the time we got a colour TV.

f**k I'm getting old. @Quigs Please hold me!

Last edited:

Stake Removed

First Grade
Tennis needs another Ile Natase, nothing better then when a serve and vollier comes to the net and you smash the ball back straight at him

Stake Removed

First Grade
The golden days of 5 tests with the one dayers sprinkled in between plus finals. Richie, Tony and Bill commentating.

It's actually depressing seeing what its become.
We don't here about Bills Pigeons, MCG centre of the universe.
When Tony was commentating how the camera would pick out some girl in the crowd in a bikini.
Key into the pitch
Javed and Lillee going at it.
Viv chewing on his gum strutting to the crease.
Crowd chanting Dougie
Hadlee was the NZ team