What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT : Beer

McLovin

Staff member
I've heard a rumour most pubs have a tube running from the pissers to the VB tap...It's yucky poo poo i tell ya...

carcharias

Immortal
cheese said:
Something about asian beer that always puts me off.

I always picture them filling their beers from seedy waterways like the mekong river

Japan are germaphobes ...But some of those other 3rd worlders are a f**king worry IMO.

Having said, I have bought a carton of tiger before. Not too bad. Can't say I loved it though.

I went through a huge boutique phase, but tbh, I reckon the best beers for my taste buds are made in Tazzy.

On other oz boutiques, I'd steer clear of "bee's knee's" .....I reckon it's horse sh!t.

I went trhough Vietnam a couple of years ago and had some of the local home brew stuff on the street.

Yep it was below average...but I didn't get sick.

I loved tiger and singha .

sharknows

Bench
Surely said:
Same at it gives me a shocking headache.

Don't want to offend anyone, but as a publican i can tell you VB is the f**kwits choice of beer.

Hey hey settle down there Surely. No need to go throwing insults because of the beer we like. I don't know where you're a publican at but I know a couple of publicans and haven't heard that one before..... perhaps you should stop serving VB eh????

Dommie

Juniors
Cascade premium when $40 a case is very good, can't stand VB either. Have been to the Belgian beer cafe at Cammeray a couple of times (someone else paying) some good beers there but usually struggle to remember them after the first six, they have some pretty hefty percentages

www.belgian-beer-cafe.com.au/default.asp?id=10

Danger

Juniors
Surely said:
Don't want to offend anyone, but as a publican i can tell you VB is the f**kwits choice of beer.

Thats a bit harsh mate, so i drink a certain type of beer, im automatically a f*ckwit.

McLovin

Staff member
Try a place called "Lowenbrau" in the City. It's around the Rocks. Very nice beers there. They have fruit flavoured beers but are pricey as all sh*t though...

cheese

Bench
carcharias said:
I went trhough Vietnam a couple of years ago and had some of the local home brew stuff on the street.

Yep it was below average...but I didn't get sick.

I loved tiger and singha .

you're a brave man carch. I think i'd head for the whisky if I was in a joint like that.

This is off topic ....kinda

But i'm a "can of salmon" for lunch man .....larve the sh!t

But now john west gets his salmon from thailand.

When you crack a tin, you can taste and smell that third world mekong river goodness. farkin putrid stuff. .... I threw out about 10 tins thinking they were out of date, until I noticed the new "product of thailand" label

carcharias

Immortal
you're a brave man carch. I think i'd head for the whisky if I was in a joint like that.
mate a coupe of Aussie chicks got me onto it.

You literally sat out in the street on milk crates with the traffic craziness all around you.
They served it up in these massive glass containers that looked like they had been washed in bong water.

cheese

Bench
carcharias said:
mate a coupe of Aussie chicks got me onto it.

You literally sat out in the street on milk crates with the traffic craziness all around you.
They served it up in these massive glass containers that looked like they had been washed in bong water.

haha ..fhuk that

I agree emetic.

If there was only New and VB on tap, i'd go the VB everyday of the week.

carcharias

Immortal
emetic said:
you guys saying that tooheys spew is better than VB must have assholes for taste buds.

I prefer New.

...and yes I have lots of little assholes for taste buds.
That is how I manage to talk so much shyte.

Did you know the human asshole is full of thousands of tiny nerve endings?
That is why it is so sensitive.

emetic

Juniors
carcharias said:
I prefer New.

...and yes I have lots of little assholes for taste buds.
That is how I manage to talk so much shyte.

Did you know the human asshole is full of thousands of tiny nerve endings?
That is why it is so sensitive.

but your tastebuds are meant to have millions of nerve endings and thats why you people with asses for taste buds like NEW :)

Working in the golden triangle - between the Lord Nelson, James Squires and the Belgian Beer Cafe in the Rocks - great. Also the Redoak on Clarence St is good.

Outside of that the old Moriarty home brew does the trick mostly.

Carch, did you ever try the Mosi ai Tunya in Southern Africa? Dodgy stuff at the best of times. Windhoek was a decent drop though and I remember enjoying Tusker a bit too much!

carcharias

Immortal
sharknows said:
f**k - wouldn't be a twinkie for quids! You seem to be a bit of an arse expert Carch ....hmmmm

A female doctor told me about the nerve endings.

...and no.....she is just a friend .

cheese

Bench
I learnt about bum nerve endings from that sick f**k who was on big brother last year

I was a much happier man when I only thought "Arse licker" was a phrase reserved for grovelers

carcharias

Immortal
Dean Moriarty said:
Working in the golden triangle - between the Lord Nelson, James Squires and the Belgian Beer Cafe in the Rocks - great. Also the Redoak on Clarence St is good.

Outside of that the old Moriarty home brew does the trick mostly.

Carch, did you ever try the Mosi ai Tunya in Southern Africa? Dodgy stuff at the best of times. Windhoek was a decent drop though and I remember enjoying Tusker a bit too much!

beers in Africa I drank....from memory.
Safari lager in Tanzania .
windhoek over on the west coast ...Namin
a lot of carlsberg in Malawi ..green and brown what ever they had.
Castle in Zimbabwe
tusker ....even got the shirt for my troubles.
Zambezi copped a hiding as well.

and the lowest of all lows...
chibuku..... ( spelling? ) a putrid wet dog of a drink that comes in a milk carton.
It smells and looks like off milk and costs about 2 cents.
Only the Africans drink it ....I struggled to drink one 500 ml carton.
I was drnking it with some African guys and didn't want to waste it ....they would frown upon that.

Pie Floater

Juniors
PJ said:
THere was a limited release beer from the Malt SHovel called the Great White Shark or something along those lines.

THAT WAS MY FAVOURITE BEER!

It was brewed by 'The Mad Brewers', a division of Malt Shovel Brewery.

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but here's my beer-love list (a little black book of sorts):

James Squire/MSB: India Pale Ale, Amber Ale, Pilsener, Porter. They're all the goods.
Matilda Bay Brewery: Rooftop Red Lager, Redback, Bohemian Pilsener

Bee Sting, from West Aus ... a honey wheat beer, tastes like my mates awesome homebrew, WAY better than Beez Neez)

Moo Brew Pilsener from Tassie ... NOT CHEAP! Comes in a mini-magnum.

Sheaf Stout/Coopers Best Stout (all you hardcore "fancy beers are for poofs" blokes should try a few stouts)

Guinness

Trummer Pilsener (Austrian)

+ a whole heap of aussie beers from micro-breweries that I wanna try.

Tooheys New with a Sausage sanger after training ... normally I hate Tooheys new, but after a hard run around, it hits the spot.

Latest posts