What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Where does it imply that only the party in power has the influence ?
Then why mention they're in power when talking about scaremongering? Every party is free to scaremonger. Apparently climate change in Australia is due to ScoMo's policies.

strider

Post Whore
Is it also possible that disenchanted voters have decided that social democracy has failed them during times of need?

I guess it's easier to blame the other side for playing dirty than to accept that your side has dropped the ball.

...its what we do when we play Melbourne.
f**k cam smith's grubby eyes

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Are firefighters free to pick and choose their customers? I thought they were funded by the government.

Didn't know they had customers but I'm pretty sure they dont discriminate as to which magic they may believe in

NSWFB is funded by the state govt but most of them are bushies who are volunteers

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So it's a pretty dumb comparison hey?

how so ?

he's saying that fire fighters probabaly wont discriminate but with the proposed new legislation it will be legal for churchies to discriminate

seems more like statement of irony rather than a direct comparison for mine

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
how so ?

he's saying that fire fighters probabaly wont discriminate but with the proposed new legislation it will be legal for churchies to discriminate

Shit cartoon with a pissweak message.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
how so ?

I don't think Muslim firefighters will be able to refuse to save a synagogue. Not without losing their jobs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Are you suggesting it's time to abolish schools exclusively catering to customers of one gender?

Let me guess - you've got a problem with boys schools while girls schools are a social necessity?

Bandwagon

Staff member
Are you suggesting it's time to abolish schools exclusively catering to customers of one gender?

Let me guess - you've got a problem with boys schools while girls schools are a social necessity?

Nope, and nope

Try again, this time with your brain switched on.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Some businesses serve a cultural function. They should be allowed to discriminate. Others shouldn't, which is why nobody is suggesting a Hindu-only fire department.

Bazal

Post Whore
I had an Idea.
A Hindu only fire department.

apu_fireman_victory_pose_.png

Bandwagon

Staff member
Some businesses serve a cultural function. They should be allowed to discriminate. Others shouldn't, which is why nobody is suggesting a Hindu-only fire department.

You brought up the firey's as being government funded as a reason they couldn't discriminate, all those I mentioned are also government funded, yet they can under this legislation.?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You brought up the firey's as being government funded as a reason they couldn't discriminate, all those I mentioned are also government funded, yet they can under this legislation.?
Well there's always other reasons. If you don't like the government funding go with the cultural relevance or the fact they don't have a monopoly on the service they provide. Comparing Fire & Rescue NSW to a mosque that doesn't want to employ a non-Muslim cleric is a farcical false equivalence.