What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

strider

Post Whore
He looks like one of those merkins who doesn't let you in when need to change lanes.
I bet f**king strider is one of those merkins.
You lose muthaf**ker. I am the nicest driver around. I even let idiot tradies who drive like lunatics in

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Is it also possible that disenchanted voters have decided that social democracy has failed them during times of need?

I guess it's easier to blame the other side for playing dirty than to accept that your side has dropped the ball.

...its what we do when we play Melbourne.

Gronk

Staff member
Is it also possible that disenchanted voters have decided that social democracy has failed them during times of need?

I guess it's easier to blame the other side for playing dirty than to accept that your side has dropped the ball.

I think Kim Carr is partly right (loved his version of Bette Davis Eyes) but I think the most telling factor of both elections was Homer Shorten and Jeremy Corbyn. Both should have won in a landslide. Clealy the punters did not want them at the wheel.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Also completely ignores that tribalism (nationalism) is a feature of working class people everywhere.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think Kim Carr is partly right (loved his version of Bette Davis Eyes) but I think the most telling factor of both elections was Homer Shorten and Jeremy Corbyn. Both should have won in a landslide. Clealy the punters did not want them at the wheel.
They don't have a message that resonates because their basic ideology isn't aligned with an individual's needs. When people feel threatened by big social and ecomomic changes they will vote selfishly.

Major parties on the left of politics will need to reinvent who they are and what they stand for, otherwise they will continue to be in opposition.

Gronk

Staff member
They don't have a message that resonates because their basic ideology isn't aligned with an individual's needs. When people feel threatened by big social and ecomomic changes they will vote selfishly.

Major parties on the left of politics will need to reinvent who they are and what they stand for, otherwise they will continue to be in opposition.

Yep and whilst the party in power scaremongers the proposed policy shifts, then merkins are likely to remain with the devil they know. Having said that the current government here will need to do some soul searching because we are facing an economic downturn not unlike the GFC days and also the punters are going to be wondering WTF they have been really doing about climate change whilst at the wheel.

Cutting taxes means cutting spending means no infrastructure pending. Austerity is not the way to combat or to avoid a recession.

Also playing catchup on lowering emissions is going to hinder economic growth. Dumb.

Funny how the UK politics is mirroring ours rn.

84 Baby

Referee
Don’t blame me. I voted for the Coreys
y12A8f.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep and whilst the party in power scaremongers the proposed policy shifts, then merkins are likely to remain with the devil they know. Having said that the current government here will need to do some soul searching because we are facing an economic downturn not unlike the GFC days and also the punters are going to be wondering WTF they have been really doing about climate change whilst at the wheel.

Cutting taxes means cutting spending means no infrastructure pending. Austerity is not the way to combat or to avoid a recession.

Also playing catchup on lowering emissions is going to hinder economic growth. Dumb.

Funny how the UK politics is mirroring ours rn.

Once again the implication that only the party in power has any influence over the electorate.

Latest posts