What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

strider

Post Whore
Mate you can catch the slippery slide down to accounts. Of course they are cool.
I was there recently ... no slippery slide ... though the stupid stairs had tiny little steps that my big feet almost tripped down

strider

Post Whore
I worked near those merkins for years ... they apparently encouraged employees to do challenging things .... there was a period where there were lots of merkins trying to learn to ride unicycles .... pretty f**kin funny

Gronk

Staff member
I worked near those merkins for years ... they apparently encouraged employees to do challenging things .... there was a period where there were lots of merkins trying to learn to ride unicycles .... pretty f**kin funny
There’s your problem. You should have been the hijinx mad merkin lighting farts and you’d be CEO by now.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The world’s (second?) biggest company says f**k you to CC deniers.

https://agreenergoogle.com/

View attachment 37306

Well call me a skeptic but I'll believe this when and if we see it,

Lets look at how many adds Murdoch media have on all their media outlets world wide, like most websites, they use Google Analytics who provide those adds all over pages and pages of their media articles. I'd guess maybe millions of dollars a day world wide as Murdoch media dominates most mainstream countries.

It either wont happen as they have described , or they wont deem Murdoch media to be a CC denier imo.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well call me a skeptic but I'll believe this when and if we see it,

Lets look at how many adds Murdoch media have on all their media outlets world wide, like most websites, they use Google Analytics who provide those adds all over pages and pages of their media articles. I'd guess maybe millions of dollars a day world wide as Murdoch media dominates most mainstream countries.

It either wont happen as they have described , or they wont deem Murdoch media to be a CC denier imo.
Didn't they say they were going to stop funding deniers? They don't fund their customers, rather the other way around.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't they say they were going to stop funding deniers? They don't fund their customers, rather the other way around.

Murdoch media dont pay for the adds, they receive revenue from them, much like we do here at LU, hence they receive money from Google.

Thats how advertising works. The funds come from company called Google Analytics, not the advertisers themselves.

Bandwagon

Staff member
How else is a government going to reduce debt?

That assumes that having a surplus reduces debt, when it doesn't.

It just transfers it from the government to business and individuals.

Just as all these measures will transfer debt from business and individuals to the government.

I don't know about you, but I'm much happier with the latter than the former.

australia-private-debt-to-gdp.png

That's private debt as a percentage of GDP.

australia-government-debt-to-gdp.png

https://tradingeconomics.com/australia/government-debt-to-gdp

That's government debt to GDP.

Can you see what's happening there?

Neat hey?