What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Bandwagon

Staff member
The videos are legitimate, but if you're on the left it's no big deal because your opinions aren't impacted by it: https://www.wired.com/story/twitter-project-veritas-videos-backlash/

Ha ha, that link literally just supports what I said, dodgy as f**k shit trying to create a huge conspiracy theory out a giant nothing burger to feed the newly embraced victim-hood of the loony right.

It's glorious how these fringe dwellers have become snowflake central with their victim mentality, oh woe is me.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ha ha, that link literally just supports what I said, dodgy as f**k shit trying to create a huge conspiracy theory out a giant nothing burger to feed the newly embraced victim-hood of the loony right.
No you said the videos are fake. The article says they're real but don't prove anything.

But they obviously prove that Twitter employees are biased to the point of taking action against viewpoints they disagree with. That only doesn't matter if it's not your viewpoint being stifled, such as if you're a Wired journalist. Why would you expect someone like that to admit it's a bad thing or even relevant? The reason I chose a Wired article is because you've shown you would disregard any source that agreed Twitter's political bias would unfairly influence public discourse.

Big Tech companies have been operating in a privileged grey area for a long time, with minimal accountability. Their chickens are coming home to roost. They're mad if they thought it was a good idea to get into the cage with the animals.
It's glorious how these fringe dwellers have become snowflake central with their victim mentality, oh woe is me.
Weaponised victimhood got Obama and Trump elected. You can lol all you like but this is the world we live in now.

Bandwagon

Staff member
No you said the videos are fake. The article says they're real but don't prove anything.

But they obviously prove that Twitter employees are biased to the point of taking action against viewpoints they disagree with. That only doesn't matter if it's not your viewpoint being stifled, such as if you're a Wired journalist. Why would you expect someone like that to admit it's a bad thing or even relevant? The reason I chose a Wired article is because you've shown you would disregard any source that agreed Twitter's political bias would unfairly influence public discourse.

Big Tech companies have been operating in a privileged grey area for a long time, with minimal accountability. Their chickens are coming home to roost. They're mad if they thought it was a good idea to get into the cage with the animals.

No, @Gary Gutful joked they made them up, and i added that is literally their MO.

Is the footage real, most likely, is it actually representative of reality, very unlikely.

The fake part is the story they ( veritas ) tell, because that is literally what they do.

victimhood got Obama and Trump elected. You can lol all you like but this is the world we live in now.

Meh, It's still f**king funny.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, @Gary Gutful joked they made them up, and i added that is literally their MO.

Is the footage real, most likely, is it actually representative of reality, very unlikely.
Why is it unlikely?
The fake part is the story they ( veritas ) tell, because that is literally what they do.
Narratives are the only thing that sells, which is why the media does it. Obviously every narrative that contradicts our own is bullshit. Look at your reaction to Twitter-employees-are-biased-against-conservatives. Neither Project Veritas nor Jack Dorsey can convince you otherwise.
Meh It's still f**king funny.
I actually think it's a terrible thing that we live in a world where everyone believes they have a grievance.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Why is it unlikely?Narratives are the only thing that sells, which is why the media does it. Obviously every narrative that contradicts our own is bullshit.

What sells has nothing to do with their reliability as a source.

Look at your reaction to Twitter-employees-are-biased-against-conservatives. Neither Project Veritas nor Jack Dorsey can convince you otherwise.

Where have I argued Twitter employees have no bias? ( this is a rhetorical question, the answer is of course I haven't )

I actually think it's a terrible thing that we live in a world where everyone believes they have a grievance.

People love to complain, poor me this, poor me that, it's only really a problem when there's something real to complain about,

The loony rights new found victim-hood isn't based in reality. So I don't find it all that problematic.

Gronk

Staff member
Mate, that's not playing either.
giphy.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What sells has nothing to do with their reliability as a source.
No their reliability is all about whether or not we agree with them.
Where have I argued Twitter employees have no bias? ( this is a rhetorical question, the answer is of course I haven't )

People love to complain, poor me this, poor me that, it's only really a problem when there's something real to complain about,

The loony rights new found victim-hood isn't based in reality. So I don't find it all that problematic.
Except it is based in reality. They are being marginalised by a social media company applying a separate standard to US domestic law, in favour of one political party, in the lead up to an election.

Bandwagon

Staff member
No their reliability is all about whether or not we agree with them.

Only to point that we may question it, once questioned, it's a different game.

Except it is based in reality. They are being marginalised by a social media company applying a separate standard to US domestic law, in favour of one political party, in the lead up to an election.

Yes, that seems to be the claim, unfortunately though both parts of the claim there are objectively false, the legislation applies across the internet, not just social media platforms, and ironically it is Trump, and all those supporting his calls that are advocating censorship, in that he seeks to remove or rewrite legislation that protects freedom of speech.

strider

Post Whore
Fox News reporter attacked, chased from George Floyd demonstration

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-...tration-near-white-house-20200531-p54y1m.html

Fox's Leland Vittert was rattled following the Washington attack that he said was clearly targeted at his news organisation.

"We took a good thumping," he said. A live shot he was doing was interrupted by a group of protesters who shouted obscenities directed at Fox. Flanked by two security guards, he and photographer Christian Galdabini walked away from Washington's Lafayette Park trailed by an angry group before riot police dispersed them.

Vittert said there were no markings on him or the crew's equipment to identify them as from Fox. But he said during the demonstration, one man continually asked him who he worked for. He didn't answer, but the man found a picture of Vittert on his cell phone and shouted to other protesters that he was from Fox.

"The protesters stopped protesting whatever it was they were protesting and turned on us," he said, "and that was a very different feeling."

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Only to point that we may question it, once questioned, it's a different game.
No, bias makes them all unreliable. There's nobody without an ideological horse in the race. Until deep fake technology is ubiquitous the most reliable thing we have is video. But it won't be long until that is unreliable evidence as well.
Yes, that seems to be the claim, unfortunately though both parts of the claim there are objectively false, the legislation applies across the internet, not just social media platforms, and ironically it is Trump, and all those supporting his calls that are advocating censorship, in that he seeks to remove or rewrite legislation that protects freedom of speech.
Because politically influential media organisations like Twitter have shown they intend to influence the election. You'll note the Democrats aren't crying about it, and they cry about everything.