What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Bandwagon

Staff member
No, bias makes them all unreliable. There's nobody without an ideological horse in the race. Until deep fake technology is ubiquitous the most reliable thing we have is video. But it won't be long until that is unreliable evidence as well.

It's already unreliable, you can only see that which you are shown.

Because politically influential media organisations like Twitter have shown they intend to influence the election. You'll note the Democrats aren't crying about it, and they cry about everything.

I note you make no attempt to address what I posted there, regards Trump's attempt to combat this so called censorship by calling for further censorship. How's that play into this whole they're attacking my freedom of speech thing?

By the way, why the f**k would the Dems have a cry over his non-censorship on the Twitter?

strider

Post Whore
Well fox are peddling stories that the protesters organised by the left, sometimes paid actors and most definitely antifa ( whoever they are).
someone was showing me images of protestors with ear pieces yesterday, ie secret service style comms ... they were legit images

my initial reaction was they were maybe undercover cops within the crowd

but i most definitely wouldnt rule out that there are people amongst it inciting shit ... the USA is a strange place

Bazal

Post Whore
someone was showing me images of protestors with ear pieces yesterday, ie secret service style comms ... they were legit images

but i most definitely wouldnt rule out that there are people amongst it inciting shit ... the USA is a strange place

I think other "protests" have had proven inciters from both sides there in the past haven't they? Could be wrong.

Antifa and the Alt Right are more dangerous to the average US citizen than any Muslim...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's already unreliable, you can only see that which you are shown.
No different from any other media
I note you make no attempt to address what I posted there, regards Trump's attempt to combat this so called censorship by calling for further censorship. How's that play into this whole they're attacking my freedom of speech thing?
It's no longer about freedom of speech, it's about partisanship.
By the way, why the f**k would the Dems have a cry over his non-censorship on the Twitter?
I'm talking about the shadow bans and general focus on policing only one side of US political discourse. As you said, you can only see that which you are shown.

Bandwagon

Staff member
No different from any other media.

Cool, so we agree it's no more reliable.

It's no longer about freedom of speech, it's about partisanship..

Huh? It was always about partisanship. But the lens via which it was being presented was about freedom of speech.

I'm talking about the shadow bans and general focus on policing only one side of US political discourse. As you said, you can only see that which you are shown.

Interesting how this is all apparently brought to the fore by a certain POTUS having a hissy fit about censorship that didn't happen.

Now the Twitter is being all mean to the right. Seems there's bit of MeToo going on here.

Gronk

Staff member

Yes in New York it was pointed out that undercover cops wore white arm bands. Apparently they always adopt a “ colour of the day” to avoid being arrested or shot.

strider

Post Whore
Like i said ... doesnt it make it obvious? ... i think the flak jacket might be a give away too

Gronk

Staff member
This guy explains the situation over there well. It’s a shame that the reporter was too dumb to reflect on the fact that we had a Royal Commission in the Aboriginal Deaths in Custody 20+ years ago.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cool, so we agree it's no more reliable.
I disagree. Words are a lot easier to fake than pictures, which are easier to fake than video.
Huh? It was always about partisanship. But the lens via which it was being presented was about freedom of speech.
That's because social media corporations have more power than governments when it comes to shaping political opinions. Now that we consume the free speech of others mostly through social media it stands to reason that these companies should be prevented from limiting the free speech of others.

Obviously Twitter understands this and so are attempting to work around it. The result is clearly partisan.
Interesting how this is all apparently brought to the fore by a certain POTUS having a hissy fit about censorship that didn't happen.
There has been plenty of censorship. Twitter is very sensitive to right wing troublemakers and race baiting in a way that they aren't with the same behaviour on the left. No different to the referee only policing one side.
Now the Twitter is being all mean to the right. Seems there's bit of MeToo going on here.
If both sides were being treated equally you might have a point. But either way, you can't complain when your opponent adopts your tactics. Victimhood has been shown to be unifying and empowering. It's the new normal.

strider

Post Whore
This Jeff C guy clearly has some agenda - thinks theres alot of covert shit going on - i dunno ... but i have to agree, this CNN arrest thing just seems ridiculous