What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member

EXCLUSIVE: Bitter media bully Alan Jones is set to lose his status as Sydney radio’s resident old man yelling at the clouds with bosses at 2GB deciding not to renew his contract this month, according to sources.
Macquarie Radio honchos will finally cut loose 77-year-old queen of the airwaves, Alan Jones, from its cabal of racist Angry Old White Men which dominates its talkback radio lineup. Jones has less than six months left on his current contract.

Fresh from being forced into a grovelling apology delivered on live televisionbetween gritted teeth for having called former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull a “traitor to the nation”, the veteran broadcaster has now been cut adrift by bosses who no longer want to risk paying multi-million defamation payouts to the victims of the septuagenarian’s rancid, twisted tongue.

Nine is the major shareholding owner of Macquarie Radio, having consumed the radio network as part of its takeover of Fairfax Media. Macquarie Media did not respond to requests for comment when contacted by True Crime News Weekly.

Our sources have informed us that 2GB Mornings presenter, Ray Hadley, and Drive host, Ben Fordham, are both fighting like hyenas to be first in line to replace Jones in the breakfast slot. While there are reports former Today Show clown Karl Stefanovic is lining up a shot too.

Last September, one of Jones’s hateful, ongoing rants cost his bosses a record defamation payout, after a judge awarded Queensland’s wealthy Wagner family $3.7 million in damages over comments the radio broadcaster had made about the 2011 Grantham floods. Basically, in a series of twisted rants, Jones had blamed the family as a cause of the floods.

The judge found Jones’s defamatory comments were “extremely serious and of the gravest kind”.

It was the biggest defamation payout in Australian legal history.

Apart from the grovelling apology to Turnbull last month, Jones had been forced into another just last October after he went into a demented rage towards Sydney Opera House chief executive Louise Herron. Widely already known for his hatred of strong women in the public eye, Herron was simply the latest victim of Jones’s unique brand of queer misogyny. Others in the past have included Sydney’s lord mayor, Clover Moore, as well as former Prime Minister Julia Gillard, who Jones wanted “put in a chaff bag” and dumped at sea.

In August 2012, the self-hating weirdo went on his radio show to squeal that “women are destroying the joint”. At the time of his comments, Jones was speaking with that fine specimen of malehood, the now-disgraced, sleazy former Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce.

Sexism isn’t Jones’s only stock in trade. There’s also plenty of out-and-out racism.

In October 2012, a court ruled that Jones had helped incite the Cronulla Riots with a series of diatribes about Muslims in April 2005.

The NSW Administrative Decisions Tribunal had found Jones “incited hatred, serious contempt and severe ridicule of Lebanese Muslims” during on-air comments prior to the Cronulla Riots which saw White Australians down at Cronulla beach attacking anyone vaguley deemed of ‘Middle Eastern appearance’.

Jones had used his radio program to describe Muslims as “vermin” who “rape and pillage a nation that’s taken them in”.

The longtime radio racist was also forced to apologise again last August for using the expression “n*gger in the woodpile”.

“The n*gger in the woodpile here, if one can use that expression – and I’m not going to yield to people who tell us that certain words in the language are forbidden…” Jones wailed on his radio show like the racist old bloke from Queensland that he is.

Earlier this month, Jones donated $10,000 of his radio fortune to the racist, far-right One Nation party, with it’s NSW branch led by the former Labor leader turned intellectually comatosed Trumpesque grifter, Mark Latham.

In a desperate last bid to rescue his megabucks paypacket with 2GB, Jones seemingly called in a few last favours from some of his other dinosaur mates.

There was John Singleton, his former boss, popping up in News Corp early last week. ‘Singo’ told the Daily Telegraph that if he was still the boss of Macquarie Radio he would have Jones signed up to a new contract months ago. Singleton remains the second largest shareholder in Macquarie Radio, after the Nine Network.

Political yobbo and former Labor Party dodgy bloke, Graham Richardson, was also there last week publicly sucking up on Jones’s behalf.

“Alan Jones is a phenomenon,” Richardson drivelled in an opinion piece published by News Corp trash broadsheet The Australian.

“He has limitless energy that enables him to work 20-hour days. I have no idea what the source of that energy [is].”

We could make a few possible suggestions for this unaccounted for energy. Cocaine? Pills? Red Bull? The workings of an internally twisted, repressed and reprehensible creature? Who knows.

FM radio village idiot Kyle Sandilands was another to have opened his gob in support of Jones in recent days. Dumping the sexist, racist broadcaster would be “catastrophic”, according to the KIIS FM shock jock.

The public pleas to save Jones from the axe seem to have fallen on deaf ears though. Or rather, on the ears of bosses who have now tuned out from whatever racist, crackpot theories Jones has been selling and getting away with for two decades. They made millions off him. They sleep well knowing all the money they made from hate speech. It’s just that they can’t really afford the record defamation payouts any longer.

Gronk

Staff member
.. 2

Macquarie Radio bosses also likely noticed the public upswing and widespread praise NSW Labor Michael Daley received when he personally told Jones he would be sacking him. In that case, Daley was speaking about the radio broadcaster’s position on the stuffy, Liberal Party dominated board of the Sydney Cricket Ground Trust.

Hitherto pretty much an unknown across a politically weary electorate, Daley has since stormed into the prospect of having a real chance of defeating Premier Gladys Berejiklian and her abysmal Liberals at this weekend’s state election.

Despised by the general public, and feared by cowardly politicians, news of Jones being tossed out from 2GB might help bring a wide section of Australia a tiny bit of unity in these trying, dangerous times.

True Crime News Weekly has always found it extremely odd that a man who has been credibly accused of grooming young teenage boys under his care whilst employed as a schoolteacher at a prestigious private school was ever looked upon as a leading light of the media. Perhaps it says a lot about this nation’s elite and who they like to rub shoulders with.

TRUE OPINION: When the Pell is paltry

In the book Jonestown – investigative journalist Chris Masters’ comprehensive biography of the radio loudmouth – it is alleged the then-schoolmaster sent love letters to teenage students at Sydney’s elite King’s School, and invited some to spend hours with him in his room. Others claimed Jones would watch them getting showered and would want to personally wrap bandages on their bodies. It is alleged that Jones’s strange behaviour favouring certain boys while bullying others was the reason for his forced resignation from the school by the beginning of 1974.

There is also further evidence to suggest that the King’s School has been a hub of sorts for paedophile activity. The recent royal commission into child sexual abuse had made at least one public call-out for information about abuse occurring at the King’s School, which is home to many of the children of Sydney’s elite. Widely despised former NSW Premier Mike Baird is a graduate, for example.

alan-jones-arrest.jpg

Alan Jones was arrested for “outraging public decency” after being found in a London public toilet in December 1988 (Image: Supplied)

With it’s recent rabid defence of high-profile convicted paedophile rapist, Cardinal George Pell, the smart money could now be on Jones trying to get himself a full-time gig with News Corp.

One of the public defenders of Pell has been News Corp screecher, Miranda Devine. She was also the first in line in 2006 to publicly protect Jones from growing whispers about his personal life upon the publishing of Jonestown.

Just three years ago, Jones was on live television defending Cardinal Pell, saying the now-convicted child rapist should not be criticised for his role in covering up the paedophile ring operating out of the Catholic Church in Ballarat, Victoria in the late 1960s and 70s.

“I think there has been a fairly unfortunate focus on Pell in the sense that he was 28 years of age in 1969 when all this happened,” Jones told the ABC’s Q&A live studio audience in March 2016.

“And there is a presumption in the way in which this has happened that then Pell was the Cardinal and should have done something.

“I hope they don’t ask us what we were doing at 28 years of age. I can’t even remember what I did last Monday.”

At age 28, Jones was just about to start his ill-fated stint at the King’s School.

In any case, good luck to the old boy, wherever he may find himself in the future. Even if it is a smelly London toilet that he can’t fully remember the details of.

https://truecrimenewsweekly.com/rej...e-schoolboy-lover-alan-jones-to-lose-2gb-job/l

Gronk

Staff member
Short odds to get a "preemptive" pardon. If that is even a thing. There is also talk that Trump will do the same for his kids AND that he will resign before inauguration and Pence will pardon him.

BTW POTUS pardons only work for federal crimes. Shenanigans under state laws can still be prosecuted.

Eelogical

Referee
Just making OZ current affairs relevant as a side issue to this absorbing conversation, it's becoming increasingly obvious that jobkeeper is becoming quite the Frankenstein's monster. I've been talking to locals in regional (coastal) NSW during my Sydney trip and what I'm hearing doesn't look rosy the future. There are places in the hospitality industry that are screaming out for staff (predominately young people) that are forced to close 1-2 days a week because not enough people want to work. They are saying to me that the jobs are there but it's an easier life on jobkeeper for the locals than for them to work for the same amount of money. They never had this problem before jobkeeper according the them. Maybe it's just me but I would have jumped at the chance to land a job, especially in our current economic climate.

Gronk

Staff member
Just making OZ current affairs relevant as a side issue to this absorbing conversation, it's becoming increasingly obvious that jobkeeper is becoming quite the Frankenstein's monster. I've been talking to locals in regional (coastal) NSW during my Sydney trip and what I'm hearing doesn't look rosy the future. There are places in the hospitality industry that are screaming out for staff (predominately young people) that are forced to close 1-2 days a week because not enough people want to work. They are saying to me that the jobs are there but it's an easier life on jobkeeper for the locals than for them to work for the same amount of money. They never had this problem before jobkeeper according the them. Maybe it's just me but I would have jumped at the chance to land a job, especially in our current economic climate.
Sorry I don't follow. Are you confusing JobKeeper with JobSeeker ? If you are referring to the later, the inflated version of JobSeeker was wound back a month or so ago.

JobKeeper is paid to bosses to pay to their workers to keep them employed. It's a wage subsidy whilst turnover is down from comparative months.

Latest posts