What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
I do recall you raising the white flag. I even congratulated you on it. Even though I doubted you would keep your word.
It was a gesture of compassion. I’m not surprised that you missed it.

I never gave my word to do anything and thus I am not accountable to you. I choose to take a position of kindness. You’re welcome.

hindy111

Post Whore
You know like half a mill people die of the flu every year? And that’s now, 100 times that died from it in 1918. I feel like you’re downplaying the flu just as much as IALB downplays COVID

Countries do not shut borders and implement lockdown and social distancing measure for the flu.
15-60 mill die from the flu in the USA in a 12mth period.

They had 60mill in one month from rona while also attempting some measure to slow virus.

I think that is all the evidence need tbh. If you let Corona just run wild and nobody social distances or shut borders then there would be atleast 10-20x the amount of cases and deaths worldwide.

I am sure plenty of the deaths that have happend from corona effected people with ongoing issues. But I would be 99% sure that people who die of the dam flu had ongoing health issues also. So it is all relative.

If you wanted to use the higher figures then let's say 60mill from flu. That's still far less then the 360mil american dead in 9mths whilst taking precautions.

These are just facts. All these bullshit conspiracy theorists. I mean wtf has the world got to gain by shutting down the economy and peoples lives? Fair dinkum.
It's just a deadly dam virus. People denying this and wanting to rally show why a capitalist nation works better in turmoil. Cause people are f**king stupid.

hindy111

Post Whore
On Sydney I hope we do not go into lockdown.
I just had 2 weeks off and need to start earning some money again. Already new yrs plans have been thrown out the window. The outdoor bbq at Miks has been cancelled somewhat. Only 30 outdoors guests allowed and I was one of two unlucky merkins drawn out of hat to miss out.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Countries do not shut borders and implement lockdown and social distancing measure for the flu.

They had 60mill in one month from rona while also attempting some measure to slow virus.

I think that is all the evidence need tbh. If you let Corona just run wild and nobody social distances or shut borders then there would be atleast 10-20x the amount of cases and deaths worldwide.

I am sure plenty of the deaths that have happend from corona effected people with ongoing issues. But I would be 99% sure that people who die of the dam flu had ongoing health issues also. So it is all relative.

If you wanted to use the higher figures then let's say 60mill from flu. That's still far less then the 360mil american dead in 9mths whilst taking precautions.

These are just facts. All these bullshit conspiracy theorists. I mean wtf has the world got to gain by shutting down the economy and peoples lives? Fair dinkum.
It's just a deadly dam virus. People denying this and wanting to rally show why a capitalist nation works better in turmoil. Cause people are f**king stupid.
Hindy, I think you have your millions and thousands mixed up.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I just had 2 weeks off and need to start earning some money again. Already new yrs plans have been thrown out the window. The outdoor bbq at Miks has been cancelled somewhat. Only 30 outdoors guests allowed and I was one of two unlucky merkins drawn out of hat to miss out.
If you can sneak your way across the border, @hineyrulz, @Eelogical and I will all chip in and buy you a $16 gin.

strider

Post Whore
What? .... f**k Mik's eyes .... how can he let you miss out? I thought he was your bud

Gronk

Staff member
I will tell him you said that when I see him and 28 others at his place tonight
f**k Mik’s eyes. Should do one of those Facebook prank party where everyone from Summer Nats turns up at his house.

84 Baby

Referee

I’m not a denier. I was just pointing out the irony of Twizzle downplaying the flu to confront IALB downplaying COVID. But apparently that was his joke

Latest posts