OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Gronk, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Agree, remembering the timeline here. He had been pursued by Obama and Hillary and in residence at the Equadorian consulate since 2012. In 2016 he embarked on a vengeful mission to influence an election. That’s not unusual (murdoch) however if Rupert ever teamed up with Russia , Iran, Nth Korea or China to release dirt on a candidate all hell would break loose.

https://www.afr.com/world/europe/julian-assange-takes-revenge-on-the-us-democrats-20161031-gseml9

Julian Assange takes revenge on the US Democrats
    Jonathan Freedland
    Nov 1, 2016 – 11.00pm
    After weeks of near-daily WikiLeaks releases of embarrassing emails plundered from the inbox of Hillary Clinton's aides, her campaign team, and the wider Democratic Party, Julian Assange's hosts at the Ecuadorian embassy in London have taken the ultimate step: like parents of a teenage child, driven so mad by their kid's late night Snapchat habit that they finally turn off the Wi-Fi, the Ecuadorians have shut off the internet to prevent their incorrigible long-term guest from doing any more leaking.

2. strider

strider Post Whore

Yet if he had exposed Trump everyone would probably think him a superstar or just give no f**ks

3. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Immortal

He’s a turd.

4. Stagger eel

Stagger eel Moderator Staff Member

who Trump, Assenge or strider?

strider likes this.
  5. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Immortal

Take your pick!

strider likes this.
  6. Gronk

Nope. He’s compromised his independence and allowed himself to be a political pawn and was treasonous to the western world. F**k his eyes. He’s no better than a double agent selling secrets to North Korea or an Australian Politician being $cosy$ with the Chinese Government.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/19/tru...e-pardon-for-covering-up-russian-hacking.html

President Donald Trump offered a pardon through an intermediary to Julian Assange if the WikiLeaks chief agreed to say that Russia was not involved in hacking emails from Democrats during the 2016 presidential election, a lawyer for Assange reportedly told a court in London on Wednesday.

Assange’s lawyer Edward Fitzgerald made that claim during a hearing related to the U.S. request to extradite Assange from the United Kingdom to face more than a dozen criminal charges in the United States, according to The Daily Beast news site.

Fitzgerald referred in that hearing to a statement from Jennifer Robinson, another lawyer for Assange, saying that then-Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., told Assange that, “on instructions from the president, he was offering a pardon or some other way out, if Mr. Assange ... said Russia had nothing to do with the DNC [Democratic National Committee] leaks,” The Daily Beast reported.

7. strider

strider Post Whore

8. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Immortal

A left leaning beast sounds like it could be painful.

9. Gronk

Well to be fair, I posted NBC which quoted the Daily Beast. Anyway it was stated on court, so the Beast mob didn’t make it up.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-assange-idUSKBN20D2A2

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...d-julian-assange-pardon-russia-hack-wikileaks

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/1...-assange-if-he-denied-russia-leak-court-hears

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/crime/trump-offered-to-pardon-assange-lawyer-ng-s-2030209

10. I'm a loser baby...

I'm a loser baby... Immortal

11. strider

strider Post Whore

Who?

12. I'm a loser baby...

I'm a loser baby... Immortal

I'd read his Twitter cos he made several tweets but here he is referring to the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court.

13. Bandwagon

Bandwagon Moderator Staff Member

L Lin Wood is certifiably crazy

This is not a rabbit hole one should venture down lightly, or with their eyes closed.

The Kraken Lady aint got nothin' on this fella, she almost seems totally sane as compared to Lin Wood.

Mr Spock! likes this.
  14. Bandwagon

Bandwagon Moderator Staff Member

Oh, and he's just daring Roberts to sue his arse, don't know why, fame maybe, mad as a cut snake, or maybe he just thinks discovery will give him something to work with.

Mr Spock! likes this.
  15. Gronk

Mr Spock! and Suitman like this.
  16. Gronk

17. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

gee it was close

thank f**k its all over, I can log back into Twitter now

18. Suitman

Suitman Post Whore

Lol Donald.
    Another 60 plus court cases on the way?

19. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Immortal

I’m not a fan but I’ll concede that he could have left gracefully and had some sort of legacy. He has been the most popular Republic figure by some margin (and still is).

But I feel that this his refusal to peacefully transfer power is what will ultimately define him in years to come.

Maybe we’ll see him or another Trump in power in 2024 but I’m not sure the vast majority of the Republican Party will want to repeat that experiment.

Happy MEel and Suitman like this.
  20. Gronk

Yoose not takin muh guns.