What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

84 Baby

Referee
Whatever pigbag.
Put up your dukes, sir!

images

Not quite a punching bag - just posting current affairs articles, of which I suspect there'll be a lot in the next six weeks re the capabilities or risks of Perrottet leading up to the NSW election.

Second time you've mentioned Jacinda in reply to a post of mine - I'm not sure I've posted much about her (other than the obvious that she was better than Scomo under similar circumstances), so not sure what you're attempting to fish for?

Suitman

Post Whore
Construction on four new metro lines could begin this year

The construction of four new metro lines in Sydney’s west could begin as early as this year, as part of plans to assist with travel across the region and to the new Western Sydney Airport.

The Coalition will spend $260 million on final business cases for the four new lines, covering 100 kilometres of track.

The lines would run from Tallawong (the terminus of the north-west metro) to St Marys, Bankstown to Glenfield via Liverpool, as well as two routes to Western Sydney Airport – which is scheduled to open in 2026 – from Westmead and Macarthur.

A business case is already under way for a metro line between Glenfield and the airport, while the line between St Marys and the airport is already under construction. Work on the four new lines, if they are approved, would commence this year.

www.smh.com.au

The Coalition will spend $260 million on final business cases, covering 100 kilometres of track, to help connect the rest of Sydney to the city’s new airport.
www.smh.com.au
www.smh.com.au

1676154858148-png.4603580

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Not quite a punching bag - just posting current affairs articles, of which I suspect there'll be a lot in the next six weeks re the capabilities or risks of Perrottet leading up to the NSW election.

Second time you've mentioned Jacinda in reply to a post of mine - I'm not sure I've posted much about her (other than the obvious that she was better than Scomo under similar circumstances), so not sure what you're attempting to fish for?
ChatGPT is more self aware…

So no disgreement with my first sentence, that there'll be a lot of articles re Perrottet's capability or otherwise in the next six weeks then?

And still no answer re your Jacinda references I see... hmmm.

Suitman

Post Whore
So, I'm curious to know what Labor's transport policies are moving forward. Chris Minns was questioned on this during the week and he had nothing.
What's more concerning is that he was asked how he would fund any further infrastructure investment, if indeed he had anything in the pipeline. His answer was that he would use state dividends to build stuff. Well state dividends reap about $1.5 billion a year. That would build nothing. In fact, it would barely cover the costs of his promise today to put a $60 a week cap on tolls for road users. Therefore, zero spending left for infrastructure.
What's worse regarding his toll cap promise today is all that does is encourage more people to use roads and drive, which just leads to more congestion on our roads and adds to emissions and climate change issues.
Minns is a fraud and has no answers. He's playing the popularity card re tolls. Just like the last election when Labor went hard at the re-build at Allianz. They just played the minority popularity card. Yes Minister stuff.
It is the lack of policies where state Labor let themselves down.
I voted Labor at the last Federal. I'm extremely happy with that choice. Albanese's govt is doing a sterling job.
As for NSW, Minns and Labor can gagf.

Bandwagon

Staff member

The construction of four new metro lines in Sydney’s west could begin as early as this year, as part of plans to assist with travel across the region and to the new Western Sydney Airport.

The Coalition will spend $260 million on final business cases for the four new lines, covering 100 kilometres of track.

The lines would run from Tallawong (the terminus of the north-west metro) to St Marys, Bankstown to Glenfield via Liverpool, as well as two routes to Western Sydney Airport – which is scheduled to open in 2026 – from Westmead and Macarthur.

A business case is already under way for a metro line between Glenfield and the airport, while the line between St Marys and the airport is already under construction. Work on the four new lines, if they are approved, would commence this year.

www.smh.com.au

The Coalition will spend $260 million on final business cases, covering 100 kilometres of track, to help connect the rest of Sydney to the city’s new airport.
www.smh.com.au
www.smh.com.au

1676154858148-png.4603580

Why do we need to spend $260 million dollars to develop a "business case" to build infrastructure?

Going off that, that's $2.6m / kilometre of line just to decide whether it'll be viable or not?

Or am I missing something here?

Latest posts