What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

So about 300K per house, so either towers or huts if you allow for land cost as well.

Good idea and a good initiative, but it will blow out to double that in the current climate.

At least he is trying something but this sounds ambitious to me.

Gronk

Staff member

So about 300K per house, so either towers or huts if you allow for land cost as well.

Good idea and a good initiative, but it will blow out to double that in the current climate.

Gronk

Staff member

Not quite right. The ministers speech is more measured than the headline. ^^^

hindy111

Post Whore
I do think somewhat a system where PPOR tax deductions are allowed but investment property tax deductions disallowed would even things out a lot.

*says the person who already has positively geared properties*

Analed by small debt.

A lot of us on here are older and got in the market at a better time.. How are the younger ones starting out meant to afford a house. Really you need a min of 800k to have a small 3 bed in Western Sydney. Even if had a 100k deposit amd a 700k loan the repayments would be around $1,000 a week. Throw in water,rates,insurances,electricity and that's $1,100. It basicaly says unless your a couple you won't ever own a home.
Or if end up dovirced your basicaly stuffed. It is a very sad reality I feel.

84 Baby

Referee
Analed by small debt.
In my situation with swapping the deductibility, I’m better off with a small debt. My deductions are minimal as it is. And I could certainly structure it that I can maximise my home costs. My disclaimer was that people who are already in the market could still be advantaged by the change but it should also lift more people into the market.
A lot of us on here are older and got in the market at a better time.. How are the younger ones starting out meant to afford a house. Really you need a min of 800k to have a small 3 bed in Western Sydney. Even if had a 100k deposit amd a 700k loan the repayments would be around $1,000 a week. Throw in water,rates,insurances,electricity and that's $1,100. It basicaly says unless your a couple you won't ever own a home.
Or if end up dovirced your basicaly stuffed. It is a very sad reality I feel.
I started out by buying a home with multiple people and we all lived there together. Was it comfortable? Not always, but it was a big step to where I am now. And only a couple of us had assistance via inheritance. My parents input was writing off about $5k I owed them.
When my kids get to that stage, I’ll encourage them to do the same.

But anyway making home expenses deductible and investments not makes property an evener playing field possibly.

hindy111

Post Whore
In my situation with swapping the deductibility, I’m better off with a small debt. My deductions are minimal as it is. And I could certainly structure it that I can maximise my home costs. My disclaimer was that people who are already in the market could still be advantaged by the change but it should also lift more people into the market.

I started out by buying a home with multiple people and we all lived there together. Was it comfortable? Not always, but it was a big step to where I am now. And only a couple of us had assistance via inheritance. My parents input was writing off about $5k I owed them.
When my kids get to that stage, I’ll encourage them to do the same.

But anyway making home expenses deductible and investments not makes property an evener playing field possibly.

How old are you if don't mind me asking?
And good on you for getting there. I was also lucky. My parents and co workers talked me into buying a property when I was 21/22. It was fairly cheap. Paid off and sold then re purchased a better place.I'm 42 now. Its a different story but for people who didn't do this and got to mid 30s trying to get into he market.

84 Baby

Referee
How old are you if don't mind me asking?
And good on you for getting there. I was also lucky. My parents and co workers talked me into buying a property when I was 21/22. It was fairly cheap. Paid off and sold then re purchased a better place.I'm 42 now. Its a different story but for people who didn't do this and got to mid 30s trying to get into he market.
I’m 84…

Latest posts