What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Bandwagon

Staff member
He was the one who mentioned and focused on Trump mate. Trump was never a person of interest by the FBI, but he was the only high profile person to go on record and be interviewed by phone against Epstein. How does that then turn into Trump is involved in it? Oh that's right, because Gronk has picked a side.

If there was any evidence that Trump was involved somehow, don't you think that that would of been the first bleeding thing the left would have crucified him with, not to mention me too?

Stick to sitting on your fence mate. Kids need advocates, not smart arses.

Epstein likes to tell people that he’s a loner, a man who’s never touched alcohol or drugs, and one whose nightlife is far from energetic. And yet if you talk to Donald Trump, a different Epstein emerges. “I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump booms from a speakerphone. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/people/n_7912/

At some point around the time of Epstein’s legal problems, the friendship appears to have ended. Trump has spread the story that he banned Epstein from Mar-a-Lago for making sexual advances to a masseuse. However, the New York Times reported that by some accounts the two men only fell out “after a failed business arrangement between them.” The Washington Post reports that they were rival bidders for the same Palm Beach estate (Trump won)

And from the same article.......

The 2009 subpoena: In 2009, Brad Edwards, an attorney who has represented various Epstein victims, had Trump served with a subpoena for testimony in a case against Epstein.

But Edwards is not alleging any wrongdoing from Trump; rather, the opposite. He said in a recent interview that he had served subpoenas on many connected people in 2009, and that Trump was “the only person who picked up the phone and said, ‘Let’s just talk. I’ll give you as much time as you want.’”

Edwards added that Trump “was very helpful, in the information that he gave,” calling it “good information that checked out and that helped us.” And, he said, Trump “gave no indication whatsoever that he was involved in anything untoward whatsoever.”

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/9/20686347/jeffrey-epstein-trump-bill-clinton

Hung out with the guy for 15 odd years, didn't know shit, but had some very useful information for a mouthpiece representing some of Epstein's victims that he was quite willing to share, but not in court, after a falling out that may or may not have been over a deal.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Actually I'd say the both-sides-ism is a definite stab at Trump in this case. He has distinguished himself from others in this, and it should be acknowledged.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Actually I'd say the both-sides-ism is a definite stab at Trump in this case. He has distinguished himself from others in this, and it should be acknowledged.

I'm not a fan of what-about-ism as an argument, ( which is the both sides thing ) but how exactly has Trump distinguished himself from others?

Bandwagon

Staff member
Did you just use Wikipedia as a source to shitcan another?

See the beaut thing about wikipedia is that whilst any merkin can post shit on it, you can check whether it's shit or not when it's sourced,

So it's useful in as much as you can treat it as a source for further sources.

So yeah, I did.

Bandwagon

Staff member
See the way I see it is this, if Epstein did all the shit that is said he did, and it involved all the people it's said to involve, how does that actually work?

I mean were all these people somehow imbued with some secret knowledge of some secret club, or was it just a case of if you hang around in certain circles, you tend to find shit out?

I'm gonna go with the latter, and maybe polite people just don't ask in polite company, so as they can absolve themselves of what's going on around them. Because really it isn't their problem. But less polite people might enquire as to whether they might have similar interests.

Now I aint gonna make judgement here on who may or may not have been a polite person, but I'm pretty comfortable with the idea that if you spend enough time in that circle, it really doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot either way, you knew, or remained blissfully ignorant by intent.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
In what way?

Edit - Saw the response.

Did he help out him because he was appalled at what he saw (over a period of 15 years) or did he do it because he had a vendetta against him due to the property falling out?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In what way?

Edit - Saw the response.

Did he help out him because he was appalled at what he saw (over a period of 15 years) or did he do it because he had a vendetta against him due to the property falling out?
It doesn't matter. Nobody who supports Trump does so because he's a good bloke. They do it because he gets shit done.

Latest posts