What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Suitman

Post Whore
If this truly happens in SA, it makes me sad.
Where is this country heading with decisions like this?
I find this type of attitude and approach in this day and age seriously offensive and an affront to Australian history.

As far as I know, we only have one South Australian poster in the Eels forum.
It would be interesting to get his views on this. Not so much his personal views, but the reaction in SA towards this decision. I've not seen nor heard much on MSM.

JokerEel

Coach
Doesn’t matter what date it’s changed too. As long as it’s got Australia in it people will
Complain and want to changed.

They don't want it changed anymore now they want Australia Day wiped completely.

We should all be sad f**ks and not enjoy life anymore.

Suitman

Post Whore
Can it get from Carlingford to Church St within 15 minutes?

Haven't seen timetables yet but it shouldn't be more than 20 mins I wouldn't think. Much quicker than a bus.
The light rail for Parra is a game changer big time, and even more so when the Metro eventually opens.

hindy111

Post Whore
Haven't seen timetables yet but it shouldn't be more than 20 mins I wouldn't think. Much quicker than a bus.
The light rail for Parra is a game changer big time, and even more so when the Metro eventually opens.

I'd estimate about the same. 15-18mins

bazza

Immortal
If this truly happens in SA, it makes me sad.
Where is this country heading with decisions like this?
I find this type of attitude and approach in this day and age seriously offensive and an affront to Australian history.

As far as I know, we only have one South Australian poster in the Eels forum.
It would be interesting to get his views on this. Not so much his personal views, but the reaction in SA towards this decision. I've not seen nor heard much on MSM.
seems like a simple decision to legislate public holidays according to the day they fall (hence 25 April, Easter, first Monday in October) is just fodder for people to get something to make up conspiracies and be outraged over

Where is the outrage that "Labour Day" has been removed?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Yeah I am over it.

Just can it and give us a day to celebrate properly without all the whinging amd everyone can enjoy.

It wasn't an issue 15 years ago but is now.

What's changed in 15 years that happened in 1877 that we didn't know then what we know.

"
Day of Mourning. On 26 January 1938, Aboriginal people protested against Australia Day and called it a 'Day of Mourning'."

Source: Australia Day - Invasion Day - Creative Spirits, retrieved from https://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/history/australia-day-invasion-day

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

hindy111

Post Whore
This west connect to the Anzac Bridge is an epic cok up. Like a can of spaghetti.Very confusing. Anyone else used it?