What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Bandwagon

Staff member
it would be funny if they weren't true

I read that the only effect it has on him is that he can't vote for himself

go figure

Yep, a felon can run the country, but can't vote for who runs the country.

I know it aint happening because no way an ex-POTUS goes to jail on those charges, but I would Laugh my arse off if he had to pardon himself in order to get out of jail to sit in the Whitehouse.

Gronk

Staff member
Lol. I read that he could still serve as president while incarcerated... Surely that's a piss take....
it would be funny if they weren't true

I read that the only effect it has on him is that he can't vote for himself

go figure
Remember that there is a case right now before the Supreme Court (with the Judges that Trump appointed to give a conservative majority). The question has been posed as to whether the POTUS has absolute immunity from prosecution for anything done whilst president.

This pertains to the Jan 6 insurrection. Trump is seeking a ruling that it didn't matter what he did or said before or on Jan 6 as he was President, so he is off the hook.

He argues that a President only loses his right to do anything he likes, when he is impeached AND convicted by congress. Of course Trump was impeached, but because the Republicans had the numbers, he was never convicted.

Theoretically, Trump seeks to be able to do what he likes and unless his own party (who hold the numbers in congress) actually impeach him, he is untouchable.

As this article states, they are seeking "King like" powers.

One judge actually asked Trump's lawyers, if the POTUS would be allowed to order the assassination of his political rival using the secret service, and the answer was YES, unless he has been impeached he can do that.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
unless their system is different from ours, how the f**k can the public know how the jurors voted ?

Bandwagon

Staff member
Do you think he won't be looking at the world through vertical bars ?

Honestly, I don't think there's a chance in hell they'll jail him on those charges. If it was some Joe Blogg from buttf**k county nowhere maybe, but not an ex POTUS.

strider

Post Whore
unless their system is different from ours, how the f**k can the public know how the jurors voted ?
Well its kinda the whole point of the tweet right? ... ie jury needs em all vote guilty ..... i dont know if ryan silvey is correct .... but i assume you can add 1+1=?

strider

Post Whore
Apparently hardly anyone goes to jail for it ..... but hey, lets make it special for the orange man and then pretend its right cos a court decided ...... then when it gets overturned on appeal, be all outraged that the supreme court is rigged and only the supreme court is dodgy

Bandwagon

Staff member
Apparently hardly anyone goes to jail for it ..... but hey, lets make it special for the orange man and then pretend its right cos a court decided ...... then when it gets overturned on appeal, be all outraged that the supreme court is rigged and only the supreme court is dodgy

The problem with that claim is that it's true only of the falsifying business records charge, which is a misdemeanor. Whereas in this case the falsification is with intent to commit a felony, and the court found he did indeed commit a felony, 34 times.

In which case if you were a pleb, yeah there's a half decent chance of going to jail, but if you're actually some body, then very unlikely.

strider

Post Whore
The problem with that claim is that it's true only of the falsifying business records charge, which is a misdemeanor. Whereas in this case the falsification is with intent to commit a felony, and the court found he did indeed commit a felony, 34 times.

In which case if you were a pleb, yeah there's a half decent chance of going to jail, but if you're actually some body, then very unlikely.
Not according to this ...

Bandwagon

Staff member
Not according to this ...

TBH I don't see how that negates what I said. Pleb more likely to go to jail, a some body ( meaning you know, a person of certain means ) very unlikely.

Bearing in mind the charge of falsifying business records would by it's nature be more likely than not committed by a person of means.

strider

Post Whore
From the article ....
Prison time is rare for people convicted in New York state of felony falsification of business records, of which Trump, a businessman-turned-politician, was found guilty after a six-week trial.

Rocket man

Juniors
Yep, a felon can run the country, but can't vote for who runs the country.

I know it aint happening because no way an ex-POTUS goes to jail on those charges, but I would Laugh my arse off if he had to pardon himself in order to get out of jail to sit in the Whitehouse.
Apparently he can't pardon himself.
The charge was a state offence and not federal.
Someone can be swarn in as President while incarcerated.

Latest posts