What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member

Hunter was found guilty of lying via filling out his gun purchase declaration overnight. He was using and declared otherwise. Don’t know what sentence people typically get for this. Normally they only use these type of charges to take people off the streets. So if a murderer gets out of jail and is then caught with a gun, they out him back in fir the safety of the public.

Interestingly, the very people who champion the 2nd Amendment (right to bare arms) and usually yell from the highest hill are calling for max sentence. The same people who protect the right for anyone to go to a gun show (private seller vs licensed dealer) and stock up. Now they are being “responsible” about gun ownership. I see you.

Gronk

Staff member
Dutton and Littleproud are making this election all about climate change. They are using the "cost of living" to argue that we should drop out of the Paris Accord and are using the same argument that renewables are more expensive.

Littleproud was on the ABC this morning saying that he will get Nuclear making power in 7-8 years. Yet Dutton keeps talking about Small Modular Reactors (SMR) that don't even exist at the moment. So it's not going to be 7-8 years.

NNWI expects the first wave of SMRs (beginning in the 2030s) to be dominated by light water reactors and to be rolled out in group 1 and 2 countries and, partially, group 3 countries.

A second wave from around 2035 would occur in groups 3 and 4 countries, while a third wave would occur after 2040 which will bring a rapid deployment of SMRs in group 1 and 2 countries, while light water SMRs could fill the markets of groups 3, 4 and 5.

For a country like Australia, which falls under the group five definition – a country that has some strong potential demand for SMRs, but without nuclear infrastructure and specific plans, it doesn’t forecast they would be introduced before 2040. Group 5 countries are also seen as those with no anti-nuclear public opinion, which is not the case for Australia. Locally, however, the major hurdle would of course be the need for bipartisan support and removal of legal impediments at both federal and state level.

I am not totally against nuclear, however if the CSIRO are saying that it's too expensive per KW and we can achieve the same elsewhere, better, cheaper, then why bother ?

Of course I am cynical of the "nuclear option" being used as a ruse to simply extend the life of fossil fuels, who are clearly funding the LNP.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Hunter was found guilty of lying via filling out his gun purchase declaration overnight. He was using and declared otherwise. Don’t know what sentence people typically get for this. Normally they only use these type of charges to take people off the streets. So if a murderer gets out of jail and is then caught with a gun, they out him back in fir the safety of the public.

Interestingly, the very people who champion the 2nd Amendment (right to bare arms) and usually yell from the highest hill are calling for max sentence. The same people who protect the right for anyone to go to a gun show (private seller vs licensed dealer) and stock up. Now they are being “responsible” about gun ownership. I see you.

I dont really follow this much, but at least Biden didn't cry about it being rigged fake charges, just I support my son.

I dont' get why the seppos follow the orange one when all he does is whinge and complain and lie and yet they love it.

the phantom menace

First Grade
'It has a huge mushroom head. Like a toadstool, ' she writes in Full Disclosure.

'I lay there, annoyed that I was getting f***ed by a guy with Yeti pubes and a d*** like the mushroom character in Mario Kart ...

'It may have been the least impressive sex I’d ever had, but clearly, he didn’t share that opinion.

hindy111

Post Whore
Just some advice to people who are thinking of taking advantage of that $33 HOT WATER SYSTEM rebate. Stay away.
Hearing heaps are already failing and being ripped out. They are bits of Chinese garbage.
Tuna Tins filled with water.

Whoever hands out these rebates needs to look into the quality of what being installed. This is not saving people money or the environment. Just more junk to dispose of.

I won't call the government cause I doubt he is the one making the call on the quality of the units.

Chipmunk

Coach
Just some advice to people who are thinking of taking advantage of that $33 HOT WATER SYSTEM rebate. Stay away.
Hearing heaps are already failing and being ripped out. They are bits of Chinese garbage.

Whoever hands out these rebates needs to look into the quality of what being installed. This is not saving people money or the environment. Just more junk to dispose of.

I won't call the government cause I doubt he is the one making the call on the quality of the units.
I've got a Rinnai Instant Gas Hot Water System. It goes great, but last month woke up to no hot water. Had no idea what the issue was after trying to work it out. Repair guy came out and said ants got into the computer board!

Incorrect

Coach
I've got a Rinnai Instant Gas Hot Water System. It goes great, but last month woke up to no hot water. Had no idea what the issue was after trying to work it out. Repair guy came out and said ants got into the computer board!
Were they fire ants??

Oh wait, I guess not, otherwise you would have still had hot water I suppose....

hindy111

Post Whore

Analed by an army of Ants 🐜

I've seen this happen at my own expense to an outdoor powerpoint. They disingrated the inside.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

if you are referring to the Eco Alliance Dyna Heat Pumps, they have lost their accreditation I believe, so they don't qualify anymore

there are quite a few brands and types including solar, heat pumps, and CO2 heat reclaim units (fancy name for R744 units that use CO2 as the refrigerant)

well they handed out the accreditations so yes they did, but the high failure rate of the Eco Alliance Dyna Heat Pumps put a halt to that

Gronk

Staff member
Independents and Teals are just annoying to the two party system. Let's abolish them

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

Bandwagon

Staff member

There's probably some good units out there available on the scheme if you're careful and research into who exactly you're dealing with. But like you say there are cowboys out there abusing the scheme. I get f**king heaps of calls from call centres pushing this shit at work, so to me that just says scam incoming.

Every government scheme like this just ends the f**king same, there just isn't enough oversight.

hindy111

Post Whore
There's probably some good units out there available on the scheme if you're careful and research into who exactly you're dealing with. But like you say there are cowboys out there abusing the scheme. I get f**king heaps of calls from call centres pushing this shit at work, so to me that just says scam incoming.

Every government scheme like this just ends the f**king same, there just isn't enough oversight.

When telemarketers call me I say look I'd love to chat but I am busy. Can you leave your number and I will call you when you are at home relaxing.
They tend to hang up the rude merkins