What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
And what a wonderful public show they put on to arrest this one hoodlum

tactical response, 8 members fully kitted out.... and what a fantastic verbal dressing down for the cameras, with a put your head down thrown in for good effect despite zero signs of resisting ... im sure regular members of the force couldnt have done this

I think you'll find that they formed a special Strike Force <insert secret name> to investigate this, so regular cops are out of the loop.

strider

Post Whore
I think you'll find that they formed a special Strike Force <insert secret name> to investigate this, so regular cops are out of the loop.
Im sure the people standing around in the background in suits with folders, who are the actual members of the strike force, are happy you mentioned their strike force .... i believe they can call in whatever other resources they believe appropriate

Gronk

Staff member
Im sure the people standing around in the background in suits with folders, who are the actual members of the strike force, are happy you mentioned their strike force .... i believe they can call in whatever other resources they believe appropriate

It's odd that you are on the BLM civil libertarian side of things today, but here we are.

51 cop cars were damaged and cops were assaulted by an absolute tsunami of testosterone, so it's doubtful that they were ever going to just send him a letter / serve him a summons or even just knock on his door and ask him to come out for a chat.

Heavy handed ? Did you know that injuring or killing a law enforcement officer carries a heavier sentence than joe public ? Why do you think that is ? I am guessing you will disagree with it anyway ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That was a scatter gun attack FFS.

Is that a euphemism for sexting ?
It was a clever way of pointing out that influence is a nebulous thing. How do a judge and a journalist influence each other? Is it a one way street? A two way street? A no way street? Yes this is a euphemism, which is what you get when you demand things be dumbed down.

Gronk

Staff member
It was a clever way of pointing out that influence is a nebulous thing. How do a judge and a journalist influence each other? Is it a one way street? A two way street? A no way street? Yes this is a euphemism, which is what you get when you demand things be dumbed down.
I think you overlooked the the inappropriate contact by a merkin undertaking a judicial process with a journalist. 273 times. The fact that he allowed the communication to continue and then admitted that he had been reading said journalists opinion pieces written in The Australian, leaves the door open for a suggestion of bias.

I am not buying your line that he was potentially influencing her, but you do you.

Anyway, Sofronoff SC is not a newby, he has judicial appointments as long as your arm and is well aware of the appropriate conduct for a jurist. Time will tell if he was "got at" or simply let his guard down.

strider

Post Whore
It's odd that you are on the BLM civil libertarian side of things today, but here we are.

51 cop cars were damaged and cops were assaulted by an absolute tsunami of testosterone, so it's doubtful that they were ever going to just send him a letter / serve him a summons or even just knock on his door and ask him to come out for a chat.

Heavy handed ? Did you know that injuring or killing a law enforcement officer carries a heavier sentence than joe public ? Why do you think that is ? I am guessing you will disagree with it anyway ?

Well im not on any particular side of anything .... but thanks for another good ol' gronksplain to set me straight on all the ways of the world.

What i actually think ...

Yeah these dickheads behaved appaulingly and anyone who harmed anyone and damaged property needs to be charged.

I get people were massively pissed off ... the kid tried to kill a leader of their community. It was a pretty f**king big deal. But the way many responded was f**ked up.

I feel sorry for the poor police on the ground, who turned up and copped that. Especially those first on the scene with no protection. That should never happen.

But i think whatever dumb f**k up the govt/police hierarchy who decided that THAT public shock n awe display with full tactical response and the big show for the cameras was good, is an out of touch imbecile. Sure turn up with detectives and a bunch of coppers and show him being arrested. But what they did was stupid.

It is soooo stupidly misguided to think that sort of show will help the situation. It will only make it worse and make people feel more targetted than they believe they already are .... the f**kwits making decisions have no idea .... they just want to appease the masses who see it on tv waving their fists.

Gronk

Staff member
Well im not on any particular side of anything .... but thanks for another good ol' gronksplain to set me straight on all the ways of the world.
Yeah you are, you think the cops were OTT.
Yeah these dickheads behaved appaulingly and anyone who harmed anyone and damaged property needs to be charged.

I get people were massively pissed off ... the kid tried to kill a leader of their community. It was a pretty f**king big deal. But the way many responded was f**ked up.

I feel sorry for the poor police on the ground, who turned up and copped that. Especially those first on the scene with no protection. That should never happen.

But i think whatever dumb f**k up the govt/police hierarchy who decided that THAT public shock n awe display with full tactical response and the big show for the cameras was good, is an out of touch imbecile. Sure turn up with detectives and a bunch of coppers and show him being arrested. But what they did was stupid.

It is soooo stupidly misguided to think that sort of show will help the situation. It will only make it worse and make people feel more targetted than they believe they already are .... the f**kwits making decisions have no idea .... they just want to appease the masses who see it on tv waving their fists.

Maybe someone who works in 000 or ADF can say this better than me, but when you are dealing with the unknown, turning up unprepared in these raids is only asking for trouble and may lead to injury to the cops or the perp, rather than the principle objective which is arrest. IIRC nobody got hurt, just a lot of yelling and finger waiving. I am not sure how qualified you are to say that the people making decisions have no idea, but I won't cross that line cos that would be gronksplaining.

strider

Post Whore
Yeah you are, you think the cops were OTT.

Maybe someone who works in 000 or ADF can say this better than me, but when you are dealing with the unknown, turning up unprepared in these raids is only asking for trouble and may lead to injury to the cops or the perp, rather than the principle objective which is arrest. IIRC nobody got hurt, just a lot of yelling and finger waiving. I am not sure how qualified you are to say that the people making decisions have no idea, but I won't cross that line cos that would be gronksplaining.
I just pissed on both sides of the fence ... did i do the final shake on the wrong side for your thinking? Or do you just selectively read?

They knew the merkin was no threat. They let him go a few hours later. It was a big shock n awe show .... and in my opinion it was short sighted and potentially more damaging as i explained.

84 Baby

Referee
Anyway….
Anyone else now think April 2024 will be seen as the official start of WW3?
Israel retaliating an Iranian retaliation of an Israeli attack

Gronk

Staff member
They knew the merkin was no threat. They let him go a few hours later. It was a big shock n awe show
Well, the police prosecutor opposed bail. The magistrate granted bail on strict conditions and on the basis that he was the bread winner for his fam.

Are you stridersplaining without actually knowing the facts ?

Gronk

Staff member
Anyway….
The USA told Israel that if they fire at Iran, then they are on their own. So I'm going with no ?

Classic case of f**k around and find out for that Netanyahu bloke.

hindy111

Post Whore
Anyway….

Yes and I told you all this last year. If Trump doesn't come in and Biden is re elected world war 3 is on.
Trump is the only guy who can calm this situation down.
Please lord let him get in for the peace of the world

strider

Post Whore
Well, the police prosecutor opposed bail. The magistrate granted bail on strict conditions and on the basis that he was the bread winner for his fam.

Are you stridersplaining without actually knowing the facts ?

What 'splaining have i done .... all i have done is given my opinion

Of course the police prosecutor would oppose bail. Puttimg him in the slammer fits perfectly with the shock and awe show .... but a judge clearly seems to have overruled cos the kid is just a deadshit who acted like a f**kwit in a crowd, not an ongoing threat

Last edited:

Latest posts