What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Hmm it’s complicated. His intentions were to protect soldiers who were being thrown under the bus ?
Apparently so, the Four Corners episode is a good watch. After being caught breaching classified information rules (under self-admitted influence of drugs), McBride has since embraced poster boy status regarding whistleblowing for exposing bad soldiering behaviour... the unintended consequence.

strider

Post Whore
Who even vapes? I hardly see anyone smoke cigarettes these days. Maybe your older generation 50+
Vaping seems like a 13-30ylds. Why isn't it banned? It cleary targets innocent kids.
Government is weak as piss
See heaps of people vaping.

I remember when it first started and was said to be the healthy alternative. People doing it everywhere, indoors etc.
When did they decide it is harmful?

strider

Post Whore
Yep. Scomo was a spineless US arse kissing lacky.

And if Assange was so helpful to Trump by targetting Hilary, why did Trump not intervene and help Assange?

Trump is a prick?
Assange never actually helped the trump campaign. Just another russia/trump made up story?
Its above Trumps (ie the president) pay grade? There are more powerful merkins at play.

I woukd say all of the above.

Cloeel

Juniors

I remember when it first started and was said to be the healthy alternative. People doing it everywhere, indoors etc.

I am in my 30s - majority of my mates who are also in there 30s are vaping.

I haven't met or heard of anyone having any short term issues (apart from the media stories) - however who knows what the long term health issues could be...

Everything I have googled is conflicting regarding whether it is better or worse for you then smoking cigarettes.

hindy111

Post Whore

I remember 20yrs ago seeing them at parklea markets being sold.
The healthy alternative. I have bo idea how bad they are but I just share a story about my mate. He reckons he could barely breathe for about a month

hindy111

Post Whore
I am in my 30s - majority of my mates who are also in there 30s are vaping.

I haven't met or heard of anyone having any short term issues (apart from the media stories) - however who knows what the long term health issues could be...

Everything I have googled is conflicting regarding whether it is better or worse for you then smoking cigarettes.

They aren't really regulated and something is needed to ignite them. That's the biggest issue long term. You don't know what is being used.
In my mates case it was more the fluid that built up on his lungs but he says he was sucking on them every minute being a truckie

Gronk

Staff member
They aren't really regulated and something is needed to ignite them. That's the biggest issue long term. You don't know what is being used.
In my mates case it was more the fluid that built up on his lungs but he says he was sucking on them every minute being a truckie
There are big posters at train stations that say that they have found that cute bubble gum flavoured vapes contain Formaldehyde and compounds derived from Arsenic.

Gronk

Staff member
Per @the phantom menace , it seems that the Greens have f**ked this up. People that vape will now need to go to the Chemist to pick up their fix. They argue that this process will protect the children.

I guess it is better than the LNP who just opposed everything in the bill.

In the meantime, under-the-counter vapes are a no-no and merkins selling them (like black market durries) will face prosecution.

======================

• In short: Australia will restrict the sale of vapes to pharmacies from next week, as the Greens agree to pass a proposed ban.
  • The government has agreed however to water down restrictions that would have required adults to obtain a prescription.
  • What's next? The laws will be debated and put to a vote in parliament later this week.
Australia will become the first country to ban the sale of vapes outside of pharmacies, but access won't be restricted to prescription-only.

The federal government has agreed to water down its proposed e-cigarette ban, due to take effect from next week, in order to win the support of the Greens in the Senate.

The party agreed to pass the bill with amendments allowing adults to buy vapes through pharmacies without a GP prescription, and enabling people under 18 to access vapes with a prescription if deemed clinically appropriate.

The requirement to have a prescription will be "down-scheduled" from October.

Additional funding will also be committed to support young people quitting vaping.

E-cigarettes for sale at pharmacies will still be regulated and subject to plain packaging requirements, with flavours limited to mint, menthol or tobacco.

In a statement, Health Minister Mark Butler said the government's "world-leading laws" would return vapes to their original purpose: "as therapeutic products to help hardened smokers kick the habit".

"These laws protect young Australians and the broader community from the harms of recreational vaping, while ensuring that those who really need access to a therapeutic vape for help to quit smoking, can get one from their local pharmacy," Mr Butler said.

"The best time to have done this was five years ago. The second-best time is right now."

The government has warned without urgent action, a new generation of nicotine addicts will be created, with recent data showing the first rise in nicotine use through vapes or smoking by young people in decades.

The peak body for pharmacists however says it "strongly opposes" the deal to drop prescriptions.

"Pharmacists are healthcare professionals who dispense medication that provides a proven therapeutic benefit. No vaping product has been approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration based on its safety, efficacy or performance," a spokesperson for the Pharmacy Guild said.

"Everyone wants to keep illegal vapes out of the hands of kids and teenagers, but the Senate wants pharmacists to stock vapes next to children's Panadol, cold and flu medicine, and emergency contraception."

Greens health spokesperson Jordon Steele-John said the Greens do not support prohibition but do want to prevent children from picking up vapes.

"That is why we have successfully secured changes to this legislation to ensure that vapes remain out of the hands of kids, but adults can access them via a pharmacy, and there's no chance of individuals being criminalised for possessing a personal vape," Senator Steele-John said.

The government did not intend to criminalise personal possession, but has agreed to add further detail to the bill to clarify that offence provisions only apply "in a retail setting".

A statutory review of the world-first laws will be held in three years' time.

Gronk

Staff member
Yep. Scomo was a spineless US arse kissing lacky.

And if Assange was so helpful to Trump by targetting Hilary, why did Trump not intervene and help Assange?

Trump is a prick?
Assange never actually helped the trump campaign. Just another russia/trump made up story?
Its above Trumps (ie the president) pay grade? There are more powerful merkins at play.

I woukd say all of the above.

This is where he went from being Robin Hood to the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Julian Assange Timed DNC Email Release for Democratic Convention​

2 MINUTE READ
BY MAHITA GAJANAN
JULY 27, 2016 8:53 AM EDT
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange foreshadowed the release of the hacked Democratic National Committee emails more than a month before the archive of emails was published ahead of the Democratic National Convention.
Assange’s comments in a June 12 interview with ITV made it clear that he intended to harm Hillary Clinton’s chance of winning the presidency, and timed the release of the emails to coincide with the start of the convention, an interview first highlighted by the New York Times.

During the interview, Assange told British TV host Robert Preston that WikiLeaks had obtained “emails related to Hillary Clinton which are pending publication,” which he said were “great.”
Assange’s comments to ITV received little attention at the time, in part because Preston and other media outlets, including TIME, that covered the interview appeared to assume he was discussing emails from Clinton’s private server she used while serving as Secretary of State.

However, following DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s resignation Monday in light of the leaked emails, Assange told Democracy Now! that he had intended for the emails to release at the same time as the convention.
“Often it’s the case that we have to do a lot of exploration and marketing of the material we publish ourselves to get a big political impact for it,” he said. “But in this case, we knew, because of the pending DNC, because of the degree of interest in the U.S. election, we didn’t need to establish partnerships with the New York Times or the Washington Post.”

strider

Post Whore
So he doesnt like Hilary .... f**k yeah!! Just went up in my estimation.

And he timed it to coincide with the DNC convention where they decide who will be their candidate .... but she was the candidate anyway .... guess the timing wasnt so crash hot in the end.

Was what was revealed true? ... yes. Its what wikileaks is ....... the truth is not allowed any more. .... they will try to kill you for telling the truth - but you can lie like a muthaf**ker and nothing comes of it ..... yay!

TheRam

Coach
OK I've been meaning to post this for a while but life just keeps getting in the way, but I finally decided to get my arse into gear so here it is.

Just remember this is just LNG he is referring to and the same can and does apply to all our other raw resources that we are just simply almost and in many cases just giving away for FREE. Yes free!

In some cases we actually end up owing the international company money to cleanup the mess they created when extracting the resource that they then made hundreds of billions from and we made virtually nothing. It would in some cases be more profitable to us Australians if we just left the damned stuff in the ground.

So even under this evil and predatory Ponzi banking economic scheme we are all forced to live under, Australia could still be a super power and probably the most wealthy per capita country in the whole world if we just demanded we get paid for our resources on the same level as say Qatar or even Norway. But instead we just simply are asleep while our pollies help to fleece us in partnership with their corporate mates and then tell us all that there is no money and that scarcity is and will be our new best friend.

Go the Blues!

I love my footy, but if that is what is the priority in your life of real life issues such as this, then you get what you deserve.

Blackouts are coming. Enjoy!

God we are such dumb arses! These pollies should all be in jail and some of them should even be receiving the death penalty considering the amount of people that have died due to lack of finances and or resources in the medical or any other sector that is only deprived of being fully funded due to this blatant legal corruption, if we still had the death penalty available.

I've always said the death penalty should be an option only for politicians, board of directors of stock market companies, highest posts in any major religion, Medical practice, generals/admirals in defence force, Highest positions in education and any other leading position in posts that have a fiduciary duty over the general population. The reverse is almost true at present with the soft sentencing that most leaders of any industry end up getting IF they ever have to pay the music for their dirty deeds. But that's just my opinion.

TheRam

Coach
There are more videos like this that go into more details and insights into this topic from this guy if anyone is interested enough. Just go to his youtube channel. I think this guy is more of a lefty then conservative, but you can't un-see the most blatantly obvious once you have seen it.