What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

hindy111

Post Whore
UK election scoreboard update

UK Labour... 172
All others combined... 60

Need 326 for majority, 409 seats to go.

Labor is going to win most often these days because the older generation are dyeing off and the younger generation have been brainwashed by left leaning teachers along with the idea right wing are greedy,capitalist, don't care about planet hillbillies. They don't want to be associated with that. They want to care about the world, heritage, equality.

Once they get a little older and realise a lot of right leaning are just hard working people with a strong sense of direction, ethics and morals things may change. But for now they will be fighting for the free world.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Labor is going to win most often these days because the older generation are dyeing off and the younger generation have been brainwashed by left leaning teachers along with the idea right wing are greedy,capitalist, don't care about planet hillbillies. They don't want to be associated with that. They want to care about the world, heritage, equality.

Once they get a little older and realise a lot of right leaning are just hard working people with a strong sense of direction, ethics and morals things may change. But for now they will be fighting for the free world.

Labour won because it was their turn, things are tough all over atm, and whoever was in power would be voted out

Gronk

Staff member
Labour won because it was their turn, things are tough all over atm, and whoever was in power would be voted out
Yep, I said the same a few weeks ago. Cost of living pressures are a worldwide phenomenon. Governments will change hands notwithstanding their flavour.

Anyone who claims that it’s because of a particular ideological basis has NFI or is being cheeky.

Convervatives got booted in the UK. Labor will get booted on Qld. France just booted theirs. Who is next after that ?

Very difficult for a government to be returned or to be returned with same majority. Certainly will not gain seats.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I voted Albo in. What a mistake
Since domestic violence has rocketed
Inflations out of control
Housing crisis

so its Albo's fault that domestic violence is on the increase ? Has he been encouraging it ?

obviously, you can back this up right ?

I'll see you your Albo vote and raise you my voting for Abbott

Bandwagon

Staff member
How timely, however remember guys, attacking the source is "playing the man"!!

Frank Chung (and Tucker Carlson) bring Bandwagon: "more data"

Read through along with the hundreds of comments. Sort by respected and you will see some real life reactions outside your bubble.

Tucker Carlson said?

Really?

You're running with that?

Now that is f**king lolz worthy.

"Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) figures published last month showed a record 547,300 migrants arrived in calendar year 2023, meaning 218,920 houses would have had to be built to accommodate the influx, based on the typical 2.5 people per household.

“However, just 163,836 new dwelling were constructed during 2023, which is the lowest level in 11 years,” wrote Leith van Onselen, co-founder of MacroBusiness and chief economist at MB Fund and MB Super."

Well yeah, we aint building enough houses, yet we have built that many in the recent past. So why is it we can't do it now? Why is it that in 2023 we had the lowest building completions in more than a decade?

Is immigration somehow stopping us from building more homes,. and can you explain how this phenomenon works?

It's all very well to present a coupla stats that show what the problem is, we know and I think we all agree that we clearly are not building enough housing, that's been an issue for decades. However if you want to support your argument, what you need to do is demonstrate causation, which you have continuously failed to do.

And you will continue to fail to do so because reality is your enemy here.

Oh and..............
*Yawn* I'm only going to respond to this topic and you one more time because you are an ideologue obsessed with race.
Nah, you'll keep tryin' cause you're a sucker for punishment.

Lolz.

hindy111

Post Whore
so its Albo's fault that domestic violence is on the increase ? Has he been encouraging it ?

obviously, you can back this up right ?

I'll see you your Albo vote and raise you my voting for Abbott

Needs to make rules and punishment tougher. Wel need to look at bringing back the death penalty for some ashols

King-Gutho94

Coach
I reckon Uzzie would kill it in politics he is a man of his word weather you agree with him or not.

He doesn't shy away from the hard topics. In fact he is very happy to give his opinion on them.

Unlike most politicians these days looking to just weasel there way through the BS with Spin.

Considering the dumbbells in Canberra atm Uzzie would probably be one of the smartest ones in there.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ok my rants over. I do think it makes a difference who is in charge anymore. Since Keating and Howard we've had no real good leaders.
Abbott was the best of the lot and that says something.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Since domestic violence has rocketed

Has it?

It's certainly in the news at the forefront of discussion now, but is that because of increased incidents, or because of increased awareness due to the political conversation taking place?

So in other words is the fact that the government ( and so the media ) is giving it so much attention that it seems to you that it has?

So from that the data is a bit murky, the murder rate for instance is up 28% year on year in FY 2022/23 on FY 2021/22 ( 34 murders ), but it's a return to the Pre Covid rate of FY 2019/20 ( 37 Murders )

There were obviously significant drops in 20/21 and 21/22, so it would appear 22/23 isn't a case of "rocketed", but more a case of return to trend. 2023/24 will likely be the similar as according to that article ( written April 30 2024 ) the number is at "more than two dozen", so with a coupla months to count it'll likely be at around last years or slightly lower, again back to pre Covid trend.

strider

Post Whore
They are all the same .... i reckon some go in with good intentions, but they cant really change things and either end up a part of it or give up ... eg peter garrett. Like/agree with his views or not, he is a prime example of someone who had a purpose, put himself in it and then got chewed up n spat out by the system

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
They are all the same .... i reckon some go in with good intentions, but they cant really change things and either end up a part of it or give up ... eg peter garrett. Like/agree with his views or not, he is a prime example of someone who had a purpose, put himself in it and then got chewed up n spat out by the system
Economically they are fundamentally the same. There is a point of difference in policy, where one side tends to lack empathy towards the less fortunate and the environment. The other side try hard to be the good guys, but they are hamstrung by the need to be economically responsible.

Hence we have, from Left to Right

Greens, Labor, Teals, LNP, One Nation

Gronk

Staff member
^^

Examples: Labor just approved new coal mines. LNP did not incease New Start Allowance for 7 years.

Teals are probably best suited for our modern country, but they don’t fit into how Labor or LNP see the world philosophically. Not union enough and not fossil fuel enough.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Is immigration somehow stopping us from building more homes,. and can you explain how this phenomenon works?
I have, there are also thousands of comments, articles and datasets for you to peruse. You are using circular logic and questions, it can't keep happening sorry. Done. "Suppy" is housing, the stats show that we cant match current immigration, demand is "amount of people needing housing" which lessens with less people. Nothing new to add your debate is over back to your fantasies. Go the comment sections there and start fresh. Even your beloved Albo is "dog whistling" the immigration as you like to say, your view is of the minority.

Tucker Carlson said?
Actually the journalists said, that just makes it into the headlines. Are you being racist to Frank? Ad hominem BTW.

Start your own talkshow if you are more credible or even sitcom as well it can be called "Everybody Loves Racists" and you can be the star.